Found An Odd Gun

Maybe it's worthy?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Spectre2689

Spectre2689

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:09 PM

I went to a friend's house at lunch today and started looking around his house, and found some sort of old toy room. Making the link immediately to Nerf, I asked him if he had any guns. He pulled out this green thing with 4 barrels and a very irregular trigger. I think it was called the Rattlesnake or something. It's completely green, except for the barrels and trigger. 4 barrels on the end that don't rotate and shoot megas. The trigger is some long piece of plastic that you pull back all the way and it kinda launches the dart. I'm assuming it works on a spring of some sort. Anybody have any ideas of what exactly it is, or if it's any good to mod?
Spectre of the CFM

#2 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:20 PM

It's called The Rattler, and it's the predescessor to the Rachetblast.

I used to use it all the time years ago when I would battle indoors with that thing, stock. It's got unusual internals, so I wouldn't suggest trying to mod it internally (elastics, etc). You can alter the barrels however, but sticking whatever new barrel you want down inside the mega barrels and epoxying them in. Otherwise, you could always try a single barrel mod, and then put on a homemade turret composed of 4 or so barrels strapped together. The air seal would be better that way.

In any case, good luck and report back how it goes.

Edited by Jangadance, 14 January 2004 - 04:33 PM.

"The 'dance goes on..."

#3 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 04:24 PM

it's internals are pretty simplisticly yet sturdily designed. however, to get any real power, you'd have to single it. The nozzle always misaligns. Singling it would trash the whole idea of the gun. However, I'm sure you could come up with a better nozzl system. I have one. I may put it back togther sometime...
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#4 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:03 PM

Frost single barreld one of these a while ago. I'm not sure of the specs, but pictures of it are on his site.

-Diablo

NHQ Administrator | www.nerfhq.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users