Photo

My Youtube Account

stay or go?

72 replies to this topic

Poll: My account (146 member(s) have cast votes)

Stay or go?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

I realize I am misinforming people with my nerf vids on youtube, and this site is more important to me. Don;t take this the wrong way, I just want to please the people on this site. If more guys want it gone then want it to stay, I will delete it, and hopefully that will clear my slate, and I can start over. I'm hesitant only because I have so many people that care about it. Which is why I created this poll. I will make my decision on saturday.

For any of you that don;t know, I'm uin13. link

Edited by ice, 20 August 2008 - 08:38 PM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

I watched your old videos and they are kind of silly, but your more recent ones are nice to watch once a week when they come out. When you have 1,000 subscribers, I think that means people enjoy watching your videos, lol.

I am still waiting for those crossbow videos that you said you would do... There is barely any video on crossbows and they're so cool!

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#3 ibme

ibme

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Actually dude, your videos on youtube is how I found out about Nerfhaven. The only misleading thing I got from your videos were the reviews on the recon. At first you loved it, then you hated it. C'est la vie.
"Beware of artists - they mix with all classes of society and are therfore most dangerous" - Queen Victoria

#4 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

Why wouldn't you continue with YouTube? I don't think you're offending anybody or making any enemies. I mean, some of them are silly, but that's fine. If people want to watch them, let them.

#5 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:45 PM

So you are asking us if you should keep your youtube account? Personally, I could care less. I have taken a few cosmetic ideas from you in the past. I currently have the rail cut off my longshot because I think it looks awesome, and the Big Blast Maverick idea was pretty well done for being thrown together.

In my opinion, I would keep the youtube account to please all your little nooblets who follow you around but just stop mentioning the Haven. I noticed an influx of new members with poor grammar once you decided it would be a good idea to tell them about it.

And I may make fun of you, but it takes alot of guts to post videos like you do, and though they may be annoying in my opinion, you dont see me making nerf mod videos.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#6 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

I think that you should keep it if you wish to its not very much are choice if you leave, If you feel the need to leave then leave, If you don't want to don't
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#7 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

After a 100 videos and over 1000 subscribers, you should stay. I watch your videos once a week, your friends in your videos are annoying but information does get through.

The comments all your wee little youtubers leave you amuse me.
No offense or anything.

Aah but what can i say, you got me into modding,

Nova
I need a life..

#8 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

Dude, You should stay man, There arent many people that constantly do videos on nerf like you do. Besides its not really our call anyways.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

why not just simply remove the videos with misinformation? without closing the account... or even better... act like a professional newspaper/website/television program would and at least post a revision when you know your previous information was wrong.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#10 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

I am going to suggest staying online.
You are inspiring a bunch of goober headed kids who may possibly grow into respectable Nerfers.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#11 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:15 PM

Honestly, as annoying as people sometimes say you are, you have to admire anyone who puts that much time into modding and nerfing. I've only watched a couple of your videos, but they seem fine to me.

My suggestion would be to remove any videos with blatant misinformation, but continue making new ones. In fact, I think your videos could improve vastly with a little bit of time and editing put into them. if you focused on quality instead of quantity, I think your videos would be time much better spent.
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#12 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Stay on. I'm sure I'm not the only ones who enjoys your vid's. They are introducing an entire new generation of new Nerfer's to the modding community.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#13 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

You should keep your account. Your videos are interesting and I'm sure you are turning more people to nerfhaven. I watch your videos every week.

#14 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:19 PM

Look. Ice, our main issues with your Youtube videos is 1) the kind of audience you attract (and bring to the 'Haven), and 2) the quality of your Nerf-related videos.

Regarding #1, you have no power over it unless you completely change the kind of videos you put up. And that's not really a big deal, that's your Youtube account and you can post whatever you want. You can post your sorta immature random vids, and your (progressively improving) Nerf-related videos, and you net both kiddy subscribers and those who are interested in Nerf (and those who fit both categories, seeing as how Nerf is marketed towards kids). Regardless you'll have little kids subscribing (and finding about NerfHaven through you). And it's not even really an issue - Elitists we're not, but Grammar Nazis and strict we are. So it's really a moot point not worth discussing.

#2, however, is a very big deal. I propose a change in your approach to your Nerf videos. I mean, looking through all your videos I see a you doing a lot of talk and talk about your Longshots (how many now, 11+?) and not really very much in the form of information. It's been getting much better as of late (and one Nerf video you didn't even talk :o). It is the quality of your older videos that make much of us NerfHaven users think of you as a very lame Nerfer. Well, one particularly annoying trait is that your videos are always about you and you're always in camera somehow... or talking... and as such it just makes you look like a camwhore. And how exactly does a kid find the money to go through 10+ Longshots in the span of a year or so?

Granted, you're still a kid, but you're also one of the most well-known NerfHaven users on Youtube and as such you represent this forum and Nerfers in general. Please be a little more professional in your Nerf-related videos, that's all we ask, really.

And to reiterate, I acknowledge the fact that your video quality is consistently improving, so you've already begun taking steps and as such it was sorta pointless to ask us ;)

#15 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

You should really stay ice. Your basic mod videos are what gotted me started on modding and actually warring. My only suggestion is that you clean up your videos and edit out useless content. As for your rep, you mod guns and actually attend wars so you are ok in my book.

A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#16 123caviler

123caviler

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

I would say stay on, too. If you want to have silly nerf videos or non nerf related videos, I would make a separate account for those. You are admired by many viewers, so keep doing what your doing because I enjoy watching some of the serious videos you make, as well as many others do, I'm sure.
QUOTE(One Man Clan @ Mar 15 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

O YEAH!
Mr.Kool_Aid,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended. blah blah blah

OMC is fucking god.

#17 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

I think you should stay on Youtube. I agree with min.tee, your videos are getting better. I too enjoy watching your videos probably like a lot of other people do too.
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#18 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

Keep it. I'm sure yourvideos were the main reason that many people know about Nerf.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#19 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

Well, I think that after so much work into the 100+ videos you should keep it. Even though some of your subscribers are annoying, you mention Nerf Haven a lot, and you bring a few worthwhile members to the site. I found out about Nerf Haven through your videos. Basically it comes down to some cool videos, and free Nerf Haven Advertisement.
QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#20 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

Holy crap. 2 pages in an hour. I think that means you should keep it. Makes no difference to me. And I was just making a joke before. ;) Up to you though. Hell, $500 for a longshot if I'm not mistaken too. I saw two ebay listings where they just threw uin13 in just as a buzzword. Just keep doing it. You obviously like it, and they like you.
Teehee.

#21 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:49 PM

This makes me feel alot better. Thanks guys!
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#22 Nerfboy12

Nerfboy12

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

I realize I am misinforming people with my nerf vids on youtube, and this site is more important to me. Don;t take this the wrong way, I just want to please the people on this site. If more guys want it gone then want it to stay, I will delete it, and hopefully that will clear my slate, and I can start over. I'm hesitant only because I have so many people that care about it. Which is why I created this poll. I will make my decision on saturday.

For any of you that don;t know, I'm uin13. link

Rght now you have 1,902 subsricbers you should not delete it.

Edited by Nerfboy12, 20 August 2008 - 10:21 PM.

#23 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

I think you should stay. I don't think you are offending anyone here, or on youtube. I don't watch all your videos, but from the ones that I have seen, (probably about thirty or forty of them) you did'nt offend anyone. You should stay online. It would dissapoint a lot of little nerfers out there.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#24 ibme

ibme

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

Stay on. I'm sure I'm not the only ones who enjoys your vid's. They are introducing an entire new generation of new Nerfer's to the modding community.

Word. Your Longshot videos inspired me to make this: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12784
"Beware of artists - they mix with all classes of society and are therfore most dangerous" - Queen Victoria

#25 Alfonso

Alfonso

• Banned
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

You should post a video telling people to join the Haven only if they read the code of conduct first. That would be great. I watched a couple of your vids a while back. It was helpful back when I didn't know about many guns. No need to delete it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users