Photo

Basic Titan Mods

how to mod your barrel, get it to fire regular darts..

4 replies to this topic

#1 TGfeo

TGfeo

• Banned
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

okay, I don't have any pictures, but these mods are VERY easy. first, unscrew your orange barrel. saw the air restrictor off at the end, and then notice the nub that the barrel screws onto. saw that retrictor off too. you now have a non-restricted barrel!

just in case you want to fire regular darts, here's what you do. since you now have a restrictor-free nub, (obviously you have to unscrew the main barrel to do this), you will now shove a brass (brass is what I used, you can use whatever you want.) barrel, just wide enough to snugly fit a tagger or suction cup, but will allow a streamline to slide through. (yeah, I forgot to mention, you can't fire streamlines with this mod.) and *about* 3 inches long. now, after it won't go in any farther, secure it is place with hot glue, gorilla glue, e-tape, duct tape, whatever, just make sure it doesn't slide around. load a dart in the front, pump 25 times, and fire. this thing is INSANE. i didn't measure exactly, but it got somewhere in the vacinity of 50 ft flat, 60-70 with an arc. on bare skin, a shot from 0-10ft away stings for a minute or so and leaves a red mark.
If you want to get the most out of your titan, I'd suggest making several barrels, but I'm not the guy for that. uin13 (youtube) has a good instructional video on it.

hope you enjoy your new titan!, whether you be firing rockets or darts.

**RESULTS MAY VARY**

#2 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

okay, I don't have any pictures, but these mods are VERY easy. first, unscrew your orange barrel. saw the air restrictor off at the end, and then notice the nub that the barrel screws onto. saw that retrictor off too. you now have a non-restricted barrel!

just in case you want to fire regular darts, here's what you do. since you now have a restrictor-free nub, (obviously you have to unscrew the main barrel to do this), you will now shove a brass (brass is what I used, you can use whatever you want.) barrel, just wide enough to snugly fit a tagger or suction cup, but will allow a streamline to slide through. (yeah, I forgot to mention, you can't fire streamlines with this mod.) and *about* 3 inches long. now, after it won't go in any farther, secure it is place with hot glue, gorilla glue, e-tape, duct tape, whatever, just make sure it doesn't slide around. load a dart in the front, pump 25 times, and fire. this thing is INSANE. i didn't measure exactly, but it got somewhere in the vacinity of 50 ft flat, 60-70 with an arc. on bare skin, a shot from 0-10ft away stings for a minute or so and leaves a red mark.
If you want to get the most out of your titan, I'd suggest making several barrels, but I'm not the guy for that. uin13 (youtube) has a good instructional video on it.

hope you enjoy your new titan!, whether you be firing rockets or darts.

**RESULTS MAY VARY**

There are so many things wrong with that post.
1.) You didn't use pictures. For a mod guide, you HAVE to have pics.
2.) You didn't describe the parts well at all, to make up for no pics.
3.) You did'nt do this mod right, acually. I mean, with PROPER mods, you should be getting more than 120 feet flat. Not 50. You can get that with a modded NITEFINDER.
Oh yeah, welcome to the 'Haven.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#3 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts
  • State:Washington

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:27 PM

There are so many things wrong with that post.
1.) You didn't use pictures. For a mod guide, you HAVE to have pics.
2.) You didn't describe the parts well at all, to make up for no pics.
3.) You did'nt do this mod right, acually. I mean, with PROPER mods, you should be getting more than 120 feet flat. Not 50. You can get that with a modded NITEFINDER.
Oh yeah, welcome to the 'Haven.

1) You don't have to "HAVE" pictures to post a write-up. It is just vary helpful.
2) I agree with you on this one.
3) He didn't mod it wrong, he just did a mod that doesn't have great ranges. He is using Taggers and Suction Cup darts and he is using a 3" brass ( from the way he described it the is probably 17/32 ). I'm surprised that he is getting 50' with that short of a barrel.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#4 Lt Stefan

Lt Stefan

• Members
  • 892 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

4. This is also a very common mod and has been written a lot and it's not that original of an idea. You should use a longer barrel with stefans or darts that fit all the way in to the barrel.

#5 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:50 AM

4. This is also a very common mod and has been written a lot and it's not that original of an idea. You should use a longer barrel with stefans or darts that fit all the way in to the barrel.

Heck, my minimized Titan uses 24" barrels with Stefans, I can't imagine the insanity that would happen with a 3" brass barrel with stock darts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users