Photo

Turning Your Longshot's Shotgun Attatchment Into A Pistol

15 replies to this topic

#1 Night Shadow

Night Shadow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

Ok, so I was target practicing with my Longshot, and I discovered that it's much more practical if you ditch the front gun extension, so now I almost never use the shotgun extension because it doesn't help your Longshot and is nearly useless on its own. However, you can make it a single shot pistol. Now, the pistol itself isn't very practical either, since I didn't do any other mods on it. You can make it more useful if you're willing to do other mods on it, but I'm not.

As a warning I must warn you this mod involves mutilating your gun. I was hesitant at first but then I just kept telling myself "It's just the barrel extension" so I was able to stay sane (to a degree) during the mod.

First, what we want to do is take the gun apart, and take out everything on the top half of the gun, which is pretty much just the Longshot barrel's extension. It should look like this.
Posted Image

Now, put the whole thing back together (this was a really tedious process for me and my fingers hurt from all the screwing).

This is where I started questioning my sanity. Take a knife or saw, and cut off the top half of the gun. It should look like this.
Posted Image

After that, put some tape on the open spots at the top of the gun to protect the insides. You can repaint the gun to make it look cooler, but I don't paint my guns, so yeah. Hah, it looks more like a water gun than a Nerf gun now. Enjoy your new pistol!

#2 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

that actually looks really good... mine got decent ranges before I integrated it, maybe I will do a more serious one.

Don
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#3 MavericK96

MavericK96

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:08 PM

I think this is one of the first things people did when the Longshot came out. Then it progressed from this to integration into the front of the Longshot itself.

#4 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

I dont know if I'll enjoy a pistol that gets ranges worst than the Scout but looks much worse than a Scout. But, good mod I suppose.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#5 Alfonso

Alfonso

• Banned
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

Too bad the catch for this gun is positively dreadful.

#6 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

I have one like yours and another as smalle as possible. Ranges are about 40-50 ft. max...nothing new. Good that you actually did something like this to it because the gun sucks more than anything. Good job

#7 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:42 AM

Ranges are about 40-50 ft. max...nothing new.

I am calling Bullshit on that one.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#8 matrixman09

matrixman09

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:00 AM

No matter what you do to this gun, it's still a piece of junk. Based on the horrible ranges you get, it's way to big and bulky to be a good pistol.

#9 Night Shadow

Night Shadow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:13 AM

I know. I'm not given much to work with here. You know HOW hard it is to make something out of nothing? Working with the LS shotgun is practically making something out of nothing.

#10 ownagenerf

ownagenerf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:07 AM

Personally i would just prefer to integrate it with the main gun but i suppose if you think you have achieved something then well uhh :D
I nerf aswell as play world of warcraft. If u play on Lightbringer EU message me :D

#11 erfig

erfig

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:30 AM

i got almost 30-40 feet with the air restrictor remove halfassed :D :angry:

Edited by erfig, 20 August 2008 - 06:31 AM.

For those who say nerf is for kids, just take a look at this.

#12 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 08:17 AM

I'm still not sure about those ranges but Night Shadow said he did no other mods. And Night Shadow...

my fingers hurt from all the screwing

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#13 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:02 AM

i got almost 30-40 feet with the air restrictor remove halfassed :D :angry:

No way. The plunger is just to small. Not even a nightfinder will get 30+ feet w/only an AR removal. The only way I got 35 feet out of my LS frontgun was after I replaced the spring with a Crossfire spring.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#14 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:10 AM

A NF can get those ranges with AR's removed I got about 40 before I rebarreled it.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#15 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:12 AM

A NF can get those ranges with AR's removed I got about 40 before I rebarreled it.

What kind of darts did you use? Since Night Shadow did no modifications, I seriously doubt he used anything but stock streamlines. Unless he made ctd's or pulled out the barrel peg, there's nothing else he could have fired. So those ranges are probably inaccurate.

Night Shadow, how did you measure the distance and did you fire with the gun parallel to the ground?
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#16 Night Shadow

Night Shadow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

I didn't really measure the distance accurately. I just looked with my eyes and guessed. The shot was angled, just slightly, and my guess would be somewhere along the lines of 40 feet, maybe 35.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users