Bb Mav Done Differently

Inspired by hereticorp

10 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:14 PM

Ok, have you guys seen hereticorp's BB DTB integration? If not, it's right here.

Anyway, I love the idea, and had a stock BB, but not a DTB, so I did the same thing but with a maverick. I connected the BB's air chamber to the Mav's air chamber using 17/32's brass. A tight fit, but it worked. I also kept the triggers seperate, cause the Mav is much smaller then the DTB and it was just easier. I spray painted it green, and it will have details of white and something else when I'm done with it. It's not nearly as clean as his, but I like it. So, here it is.

Posted Image

I also did the Russian rullete (not sure how to spell that) mod to the Mav.

Posted Image

I'm not sure why, but my ranges are in the low 70's, rather then his in the high 30's. I think it's because i made the BB trigger separate. Anyway, It's got two triggers, as I've said, so to operate it, I only need to pull the Mav's first to advance the barrel, and then the BB's to shoot the dart. This is, after I pump it 10 or so times.

I'll be able to show internals soon if anyone needs them.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:18 PM

Looks nice. I like that shade of green.
If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#3 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:21 PM

Ok, have you guys seen hereticorp's BB DTB integration? If not, it's right here.

Anyway, I love the idea, and had a stock BB, but not a DTB, so I did the same thing but with a maverick. I connected the BB's air chamber to the Mav's air chamber using 17/32's brass. A tight fit, but it worked. I also kept the triggers seperate, cause the Mav is much smaller then the DTB and it was just easier. I spray painted it green, and it will have details of white and something else when I'm done with it. It's not nearly as clean as his, but I like it. So, here it is.

I also did the Russian rullete (not sure how to spell that) mod to the Mav.

I'm not sure why, but my ranges are in the low 70's, rather then his in the high 30's. I think it's because i made the BB trigger separate. Anyway, It's got two triggers, as I've said, so to operate it, I only need to pull the Mav's first to advance the barrel, and then the BB's to shoot the dart. This is, after I pump it 10 or so times.

I'll be able to show internals soon if anyone needs them.

This is a slick mod, I like it a lot. It's definitely very clean and looks like a monster of a gun.

I have some brass sitting around, I might do something along these lines with another gun, we'll see. I'm working on a many-attachment Titan for major power, so I might make something crazy with the other BB.

I like the green paint on it, looks like something out of Mass Effect or maybe even Alien.

Roulette. :blink: I love my RR mods on my Ebony and Ivory mavericks (Pics in the Pictures thread), even if the guns themselves suck a bit.

I'm gonna try and pull the trigger a little faster on my next trial runs, we'll see how it turns out.

#4 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

I dunno. I think a A2k or tek6 turret might be less complicated and not require you to have to pull two triggers to get a shot off. Interesting build tho.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#5 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

.. you could easily pull the mav trigger with a string routed to the bb trigger...

Posted Image

But I say 10 shots are better than 6....

You got me thinking though......... theres no reason why you could not use 2 mavs and have 12 shots. firing 2 at a time.

Edited by Mr BadWrench, 19 August 2008 - 03:45 PM.

NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

#6 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

You got me thinking though......... theres no reason why you could not use 2 mavs and have 12 shots. firing 2 at a time.

Ooooooooh... Now THAT is an idea... Too bad Mavs are so expensive. I'd love it if they were $6 like NFs.

#7 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

That is awesome! Clean job as well. It's like an assault BBBB. I would like to see a write-up for this. Good job.
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:45 PM

This is cool. But the reason you are getting better range I think is because you have less dead space. And the air going through that small hole might have something to do with it, but I don't know. I like the color. Even if it is flat green. I would add some accents to it though.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 jerm78

jerm78

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

I made something like that , wish I did mine that way

Posted Image

#10 hereticorp

hereticorp

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 07:30 AM

I made something like that , wish I did mine that way

Personally I think your mod looks sweet, the extension of the trigger guard looks excellent and the whole thing looks very clean.

#11 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 09:25 AM

I hate you for taking my idea and making it before me. All this means is I need to do it better and do a better paint job, but damnit, you took the color scheme I was gonna do aswell.

Oh well. I bet I can still bring something new to it.

I know I kinda rag on you alot when it comes to your videos, but I think you may have stepped up a notch in quality. It looks good, just fill in cracks and everything else for stability.

Oh, and thanks for not making a video. Or maybe you did, but thanks for not linking to it.

Edited by BustaNinja, 20 August 2008 - 09:28 AM.

Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users