Sm 1500

Got some pics

15 replies to this topic

#1 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 09:30 PM

Did a single replacement with 12" PVC Barrel and blocked Pump. Havn't officially range tested it, did it outside in the rain (Damn you vancouver) and I got around 70, but I think I can get too 100 with a good Dart and nice weather conditions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think i'm going to nest a brass barrel inside as soon as the hobby shop gets some. I'm also gonna mod my other 1500 with a multi barrel as soon as I un-lazy myself.

Hope you all enjoyed!

Edited by Jappo, 26 December 2003 - 09:30 PM.

"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#2 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 02:41 AM

In my mind you ruined that gun.
facebook.com/gregdp

#3 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 03:21 AM

As I'm sure other people will emphasize, that barrel is probably a tad too long for its own good. The air tank on the SM1500 isn't huge, so I'm not positive it can effectively propel the dart that far. Other than that, single barreling was your choice, I notice the trigger guard removal. If I was you, I would sand it down so the nub isn't there. Take the internals out and just sand that case if it's easier, that way it won't rub against your fingers.
"The 'dance goes on..."

#4 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 09:19 AM

How I miss my SM1500...Easiest thing to mod, and I pumped once too many times.

Like everyone else said, the barrel it too long. I think if you did like ten inch it would perform very, very well.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#5 Nello

Nello

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 12:49 PM

In my mind you ruined that gun.

Well, when you consider that he has another one which he plans to multi barrel, and the mod is completley reversible, he didn't really ruin the gun. Although the ROF will be worse, the range is increased signifigantly.
"The older you get the more and more like yourself you become." D. Krell

#6 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 01:29 PM

Yeah and as long as you have a side arm single barreled breach loaders aren't bad. Now this mod doesn't look like a breech loader, but he far from ruined the gun. In fact single barreled 1500's are pretty sweet, just not in one on one battles. You want high rate of fire and a long ranged rifle, use the single barreled 1500 with a powerclip strapped at your side.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#7 Grinch

Grinch

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 02:11 PM

Personally, I think single barreling a 1500 is blasphemy.

But, I guess it's alright...

You're only ruining one of the greatest weapon's ROF.
Webmaster of Nerf World

Previously mrgrinch_nm!

#8 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 03:58 PM

You're only ruining one of the greatest weapon's ROF.

Listen bud, stop exaggerating OK?(Ninjabob this is for you too) I've owned and moded over 17 SM1500's and done a lot of crazy shit to them. Among them I have a 4 barrel modded, and a single barrel modded, old school design and new. I beleive that the single barrel is suprior to the 4 barrel. Its not an auto rotate so you take one second to turn the barrel right? Then you pump 3 times, turn barrel etc. Yeah... it takes ONE EXTRA SECOND to pull a dart from your pocket and put it into the barrel... the ROF on this gun is still great due to the low pumps needed (on mine anyhow). 4 barrel modding makes the gun SOO TOP HEAVY, thats the number one reason I dont use it, it ruins the feel of the gun completely, and as said earlier, you loose a BIG chunk of range from the 4 barrel mod. The single barrels is a way better gun to USE IMO. I almost never use my 4 barrel modded one.

So yeah, stop being such a bitch about it, saying its "blasphemy" and shit, trying to put people down for "ruining" a good guns ROF< which it really doesnt do. If he Single barreled an AT3k, then you can diss him all you want, cause that auto rotates, and has 6 shots, and that would TOTALLY ruin its ROF, so yeah, dont talk. Thanks

Edited by ShortShit, 27 December 2003 - 04:05 PM.

~SS

#9 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 04:42 PM

Nice. Sturdy, clean job.
The Greek God of War
Unseen

#10 NinjaBob

NinjaBob

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 07:02 PM

I wasn't dissing shit. I just don't like the idea of a single barreled 1500. It's completely impractical for my needs, and it would be a gun I would not used as opposed to if it was multi barreled. So that's why I said in MY mind. I didn't like you gun, it's not like I kicked you in your balls. Although if you want that can be arranged. Now I'm sure your a very skilled modifier, and I'm sure you have plenty of experience. But don't post something if you don't want people to reply positively and/or negatively.
facebook.com/gregdp

#11 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 10:31 PM

Woah woah woah. I just wanted to single mod it because I wanted it to be lighter weight. I still got some more work to do to make it smaller and lighter. I am going to be multi-barreling my other SM 1500 so its all good. I think I may try a 10 inch barrel with this gun thanks for the tip. I will post some updated pics as soon as I finish making it look clean and I paint it with Nello's AirBrush ( :D ). I also think my other SM 1500 will be better for Multi Barrel mod because it will be better ballanced (I think). Also thank you Ares for the compliment.

Edited by Jappo, 27 December 2003 - 10:34 PM.

"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#12 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 01:32 AM

The single barrels is a way better gun to USE IMO. I almost never use my 4 barrel modded one.

if i remember correctly he shot cxwq in the forehead with one of his single barreled 1500s. best yelling i've heard from him yet.

it might seem like it's ruining a gun to single barrel a 1500, but in an actual nerf war, single barrel is just as good with PVC, better with brass.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#13 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 02:32 AM

Good memory!
~SS

#14 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 December 2003 - 10:50 AM

Now I'm sure your a very skilled modifier

Clearly you don't know Zach.

So now I'm some kind of fucking wind-up yelling toy or something? Shoot Cxwq so we can hear him yell?

Asshats.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#15 Blaster

Blaster

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 09:07 PM

I think the mod looks ok. Considering it's reversible I suppose it's not a bad idea, and since you also have another one it isn't that bad. Normally I'm strongly opposed to changing a guns purpose around entirely but since you already did and it seems to have worked out pretty well it looks like a pretty good mod. And if you can indeed make the range go up to 100 it might've been worth giving up the ROF. Also if you look up J_Cobbers post about decreasing dart drag you might be able to get even more range. So since you've already got two of those guns and this is a reversible mod I can't say this is a bad idea and I kind of like it. But that's just my opinion.
"The voice of the American people has been heard; and, I won't imitate it, out of respect for the retarded."
— Lewis Black (concerning the 04 election results)
www.lewisblack.net

#16 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 03:12 AM

I think it will be fine, and if I manage to get some PETG I may multi-barrel it. But until then it will be single barreled and I will multi my other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users