The E-tape 5k

(nerf nitefinder) Check it out!

42 replies to this topic

#1 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:05 AM

I heeded all your warnings and now the e-tape is removed.

Edited by najmodder0424, 28 November 2008 - 02:21 PM.

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

Rabbit + Hunting Bullet from a hunting rifle = exploded rabbit

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:10 AM

It sounds like a basic minimized, spring added nf to me.

You do, however, need to read this.
Teehee.

#3 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:14 AM

It sounds like a basic minimized, spring added nf to me.

You do, however, need to read this.

Yea it is covered in e-tape.
You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#4 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:33 AM

If you have any questions about the gun pm me or post it here.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#5 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

How is that special? Does it effect performance? I am guessing no, so what you did was waste perfectly good etape to do some thing that could have been done with vinyl dye or spray paint. If it was to cover something up, that could have been done with acrylic sheet, polycarbonate., or Plexiglas.
Edit:And don't double post, also read this, Click me!.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 23 November 2008 - 11:38 AM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#6 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:41 AM

How is that special? Does it effect performance? I am guessing no, so what you did was waste perfectly good etape to do some thing that could have been done with vinyl dye or spray paint. If it was to cover something up, that could have been done with acrylic sheet, polycarbonate., or Plexiglas.

Let me explain again: I liked the look of E-Tape instead of spray paint so thats why I used E-tape instead. When I was dremmeling it really messed with the paintjob and e-tape was a unique way to make a new "paint" job. Plus I can get e-tape virutally for free.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#7 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:43 AM

If he likes the e-tape look, who are you to tell him not to do it? Also, it's affect, not effect, and Plexiglas is acrylic sheet. This should have been put in the mod/pj thread, but that doesn't give you the right to tell him how to do his mods.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#8 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:44 AM

What a waste of e-tape...

Seriously, why did you post this? It is nothing special. I mean, I really don't think anyone has questions about something so simple. Why did it take you 8 hours?
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#9 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:47 AM

What a waste of e-tape...

Seriously, why did you post this? It is nothing special. I mean, I really don't think anyone has questions about something so simple. Why did it take you 8 hours?

8 hours in total over the course of many months. This includes all research, testing, painting, and modding time. Also this was my first mod and I wanted to make it good. The actual mod was done long ago but the cosmetics I did recently which took me an hour. The e-tape alo makes for a really comfortable grip.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#10 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:10 PM

Oh god, thats going to make a mess.... In under a month you're going to have a blob of black stick goo and your gun will be trashed... My advice, take off the tape or never use it...
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#11 Radio

Radio

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:14 PM

Usually you post when you have something creative to show off. It looks as if the only thing creative here is the Electrical tape asthetic. If that is indeed the only thing that differentates it from any other NF mod and you felt you had to share it with the NIC, the place for it woud have been in the mods paintjobs thread.
I think this topic needs to die now though.

Edited by Radio, 23 November 2008 - 01:03 PM.

November 28, 2008 1:02 Mod/Paintjob thread:
Timmytown: Thank you for taking care of that idiot VACC, fine fine work. (no pic)
VACC: Are you fucking retarded? Goodbye.

How's that for funny Timmytown?
It's like VACC was up early wishing me a happy birthday!

#12 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:16 PM

Oh god, thats going to make a mess.... In under a month you're going to have a blob of black stick goo and your gun will be trashed... My advice, take off the tape or never use it...

Agreed, especially in the heat. The sticky part of the e-tape will melt onto the gun and make it impossible to do repairs on if the gun breaks. Believe me, your guns WILL break and will have to do repairs. Taking the
e-tape off now will save you a lot of time and mess in the future.
how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#13 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 12:23 PM

If he likes the e-tape look, who are you to tell him not to do it? Also, it's affect, not effect, and Plexiglas is acrylic sheet. This should have been put in the mod/pj thread, but that doesn't give you the right to tell him how to do his mods.

Thanks for the backup.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#14 Pico10

Pico10

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

I guess you did a good job in keeping wrinkles out of the tape, but otherwise it looks like crap. I know that sounds harsh but it really looks like you took a nightfinder and stretched black plastic bag over it.
"Don't ask questions and expect intelligent responses"

#15 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:49 PM

Let me explain again: I liked the look of E-Tape instead of spray paint so thats why I used E-tape instead. When I was dremmeling it really messed with the paintjob and e-tape was a unique way to make a new "paint" job. Plus I can get e-tape virutally for free.

So repaint it. You can get a can of spray paint at walmart for 96 cents. And if you think we have been flaming you, you asked for it. Literally.

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 23 November 2008 - 02:50 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#16 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:07 PM

Where does the 5k come into play? Is it just to sound cool?

Edited by A side of nerf, 23 November 2008 - 03:09 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#17 CROW

CROW

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:18 PM

Stop flaming the guy people. Simple as that. It's his gun, and if he wants to use E-Tape to cover it, on one has a right to tell him otherwise. Anyways, its not the most complex of guns, but you presented it well and it is unique. Nice job :)
"You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you."

"ah man, I would give you so much for one of those NIB crossbows or one of those crossbows on the floor. The ones on ebay have gone up to $59 and the shipping alone is $12." -Rip32

#18 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:39 PM

and Plexiglas is acrylic sheet.

Plexiglass is PETG, not acrylic.

My bad JSB, guess I don't care enough to actually look it up. Sorry, but you are so anal about everything. What you said here is fine, I'm not mad about that. It's just you find some weird pleasure in correcting people about EVERYTHING.

Edited by TantumBull, 24 November 2008 - 12:04 AM.

#19 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:12 PM

Holy Etape fuckwad batman!

Seriously this took you 8 hours? Please stop referring to your etapeing as painting.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#20 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:14 PM

You've given your Nite Finder a gimp suit. Congratulations.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#21 Accord

Accord

• Banned
  • 141 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 05:27 PM

Not bad for a first mod dude. Keep up the good work and maybe your next ones will look cleaner

#22 najmodder0424

najmodder0424

• Banned
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:22 PM

Not bad for a first mod dude. Keep up the good work and maybe your next ones will look cleaner

Thanks.

-Eric Hoffer (1902-1983)

#23 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:32 PM

Edited by AJZ, 13 July 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#24 Wes7143

Wes7143

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:41 PM

You've given your Nite Finder a gimp suit. Congratulations.

That made me giggle, I'm gonna have to sig that.

Najmodder, why did you make such a big deal over this nite finder. All you did was hack the front off and E-tape the hell out of it. It took me about two days to make my NF look like this:

Posted Image

If that took you any amount of time over 1 hour then either you're retarded, or you've installed a radio inside of that gun.

I hope you like your gun, because I don't.

Edited by Wes7143, 23 November 2008 - 06:50 PM.

QUOTE(VengefulWaffle)
Get off my boyfriend

If at first you don't succeed, add more epoxy.

#25 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:42 PM

Here I was expecting a sm5k... I get some junky nf. I guess if it works that's all that matters to some though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users