CPVC Coupler

2 replies to this topic

#1 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

I recently found this SuperMAXX 5000 in my basement and figured, why not mod it? I'm glad I did, it gives off pretty good ranges in the end.

Materials needed:

Supermaxx 5000
7 inches of 1" PVC
6 inches of 3/4" PVC
1/2 Coupler
1/2 CPVC barrels of any length (I use 12 inch barrels)

Screwdriver
Dremel (I used other things)
Hot glue and hot glue gun
Plumber's Goop
Wire cutters (for firing pin)

The first part of the mod was taken from this write-up which will most likely clear up any questions you may have from my write up: http://nerfhaven.com/mods/sb_sm5k/

Stock gun
Posted Image

First, to open it up: You have to pop the cap off the front barrel, and the purple cup by the pump. There is also a hidden screw under the hand grip that will need to be taken out.
Posted Image

It should look like this when it's open
Posted Image

First, take everything out. You need to get a 1/2 coupler and epoxy it onto the end of the tank, cut the tube to 4 inches and use some Plumber's Goop to make an airtight seal. You can plug the pump at this point, but I chose not to planning on loaning this gun to friends and not wanting them to blow the tank or tube seals. Cut the firing pin down to about 2 inches and bend it to be able to fit the hole you need to drill in your trigger unit.
Posted Image

Next, get your trigger unit and cut the top part off and drill a hole in top to fit the firing pin. If you do it at an angle it makes for a better responsive trigger.
Posted Image

Now, you need to get the shell ready to put everything back. You need to dremel out all of the circled parts. Remember to do this to both sides of the shell.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, you need to get a piece of 1" PVC and put a piece of 3/4" PVC in it but leave room at one side for the coupler to fit in. Secure with hot glue. Then you epoxy that over the coupler. This will act as a guide for the main barrel as it's put into the coupler. Hot glue this whole assembly on the gun along with the tank and other parts.
Posted Image
Concept
Posted Image

Now you're done. It should look like this
Posted Image

Reassemble everything and remember to put the little cap by the pump handle back on.
Posted Image

YouTube Video:

Ranges are about 80-90 feet flat. I didn't plug my pump so I can only get 2.5 pumps in before I can hear the valve not letting all the air in on the pumps.

Questions, comments or flames?

Edited by Coop, 18 August 2008 - 10:16 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

#2 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:09 PM

It's a nice gun but it's an old one too... If I was to ever get my hands on an old gun like this that was stock I probably wouldn't mod it...

#3 Coop

Coop

#sogoodmuchtacticswowinit2winit360noscopehax0rleetbeastmodeactiv

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

It's a nice gun but it's an old one too... If I was to ever get my hands on an old gun like this that was stock I probably wouldn't mod it...

I'm not a collector, and have you ever seen this thing shoot stock? I wanted to use it as a loaner when I get my new primary, so now it shoots MORE than 10 feet.

Edited by Coop, 03 September 2008 - 10:31 PM.

On the other hand, the guy who posted before me used the word 'fuck' a lot so he probably knows what he's talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users