Photo

Question About Vulcan Ar Removal.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Wilford Brimley

Wilford Brimley

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

Well heres the situation. I don't want to open up my vulcan for fear of losing a spring or something and thus making the entire thing not work. I have a theory on how to take out the ARs without opening up the gun, and I just need some input on it. Would it work to just take a drill bit or scissors, cut out the white bit holding the AR in by twisting the scissors, like taking the pegs out? What im thinking is then the AR itself will pop out, thus eliminating the need for opening up the entire gun. Will this work?

#2 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:35 PM

Well heres the situation. I don't want to open up my vulcan for fear of losing a spring or something and thus making the entire thing not work. I have a theory on how to take out the ARs without opening up the gun, and I just need some input on it. Would it work to just take a drill bit or scissors, cut out the white bit holding the AR in by twisting the scissors, like taking the pegs out? What im thinking is then the AR itself will pop out, thus eliminating the need for opening up the entire gun. Will this work?

I dont think so. Just do what splitlip did instead of drilling it out like I did. That makes it unneccesarilly complicated and you have to use tweewers to pull the peices out.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#3 Wilford Brimley

Wilford Brimley

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

Thanks for the input.
Oh well, I guess ill just have to live with the AR in, since I REALLY don't want to open it up.
One more question though, whats the word on peg removal on the chains? Does it increase/effect range at all with stock darts?

#4 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:47 PM

Thanks for the input.
Oh well, I guess ill just have to live with the AR in, since I REALLY don't want to open it up.
One more question though, whats the word on peg removal on the chains? Does it increase/effect range at all with stock darts?

Well it doesn't hurt the range so it's worth trying out.
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#5 Wilford Brimley

Wilford Brimley

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

Ive actually cut out a few and compared them to non-cut chamers. It for sure does not hurt, but as for gain, I believe there to be a SLIGHT, and I mean within a few inches, of range gain.

#6 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

But then the ability to use stefans if worth a hell of a lot more than the two minutes it took be to take a knife to 50 pegs.

EVERYONE: Stop asking "mommy should I" and "daddy may I?" If you're going to do it, do it. If not, don't. If you're undecided, there is more than enough information on these boards that will pop right up for you in a search.

Go out and nerf god damnit.
Teehee.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users