Cpvc Longshot

+100!

12 replies to this topic

#1 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

So far I havent seen a CPVCed longshot so I thought I'd try it out. At first I wanted to get nice distances without losing the clip. I soon found out that it was too complicated for me. I got dissapointed but realized that having a single primary isnt so bad. I found that out in DCNO :lol: So this mod is pretty easy and a few explanation might make this possible for a trainee (newb).

I took everything out thats for the clip and made the cut at the original line before the contanment of the spring. The 1/2 PVC fitted kinda roughly though the piece in the front of the gun so I sanded it to make it more smooth. The length is 8 1/2. I glued it and used a technique in which I take the side of the tip of the glue gun and smooth the exeese glue to make it flush. The only problem I face is finding out how to connect the blue lever to the PVC. I cut a piece of the original barrel where the two meet and screwed it down without going through. So it cocks and all I need to do is blow the stephan down the barrel. For those who dont have stephans can still use the velcro darts because the barrel its long enough. Although you need to make it longer than 8 1/2 if you didn't chop the body.

Posted Image

Covered the clip slot

Posted Image

The front without the orange barrel

Posted Image

The screw to the CPVC

Posted Image

The...yeah

Posted Image

I'm proud to say that this deadly gun gets +100 feet...angled but its great for a outdoor war. The reload times are not as good but ok. So what do ya'll think? Note its still the famous AR43. :)

Distances
Angled- 1) 104 FT
2) 100 FT
3)-102 FT

Leveled-1) 94 FT
2) 98 FT
3) 92 FT

Posted Image

TA DA!

Edited by Shorty, 23 June 2007 - 06:08 PM.

I love imports.
DarkShrimp is the next Piney.
"Ignorance can be fixed. Stupidity is forever."

#2 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

Thats a nice looking gun there. But does the longshot jam at all now that you CPVC'ed it?
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#3 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:13 PM

Thats a nice looking gun there. But does the longshot jam at all now that you CPVC'ed it?

How can it jam if it doesnt have a clip....
I love imports.

#4 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:52 PM

So it's a breach load now? ...or do you have to ramrod it.

I could live with a breach load on that thing but ramrodding an LS doesn't make sense to me, especially for less than 100.' Your gun though. ;)
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#5 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

So the magazine is no longer used?
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#6 ashs75

ashs75

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:44 PM

-PREDATOR
So the magazine is no longer used?

-Shorty
I took everything out thats for the clip.

Try reading its good for you
Rifle vs Tank = terrorist getting owned

#7 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

I could live with a breach load on that thing but ramrodding an LS doesn't make sense to me, especially for less than 100.' Your gun though. ;)

Im not really sure what a breech load is but yeah I ramrod the stephan into the barrel. I wanted to bring the best out of the LS in it distances. The +100 feet was a rough guess. I'll have the real distances later. I find this better for the gun and the user because now this way there is no jams, its way more simpler and the big spring (with a NF spring) can really kick in!

I was kinda jelious when I saw what those AK's and X-bows can do in a war. And I thought my LS was good before. In an outdoor war, distance is the key. The only reason I was winning or scoring in DCNO was because I had a CPVCed RF20. With my newly modded LS I can really do much better in the next war.
I love imports.

#8 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:57 PM

Im not really sure what a breech load is but yeah I ramrod the stephan into the barrel. I wanted to bring the best out of the LS in it distances. The +100 feet was a rough guess. I'll have the real distances later. I find this better for the gun and the user because now this way there is no jams, its way more simpler and the big spring (with a NF spring) can really kick in!

I was kinda jelious when I saw what those AK's and X-bows can do in a war. And I thought my LS was good before. In an outdoor war, distance is the key. The only reason I was winning or scoring in DCNO was because I had a CPVCed RF20. With my newly modded LS I can really do much better in the next war.

A breech loader is a gun with some form of aperture in the barrel that allows a dart to easily be loaded in. The clip provides the means of dart supply.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#9 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

I have too say, you are getting 100 because the barrell is really long for CPVC. I would make the last 6 inches copper.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#10 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 04:58 PM

Maybe you could make a telescoping brass barrel, That would probably be your best bet.

#11 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 05:10 PM

Yeah, a better barrel would be really good. I'm willing to bet you'd easily get ranges around 120'. People get 100' with the clip, so 120' with a perfect seal is very possible.
Or at least cut your barrel down. It looks like it's what, 12" maybe? Unless your darts are extremely thin, that's too long.

#12 Shorty

Shorty

• Banned
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 01:15 PM

Can someone (Aministrator) post a sticky link on the list of Longshot Mods for this one?

Thanks.
I love imports.

#13 HOTH

HOTH

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 557 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 01:20 AM

I really like cpvc'd longshots, especially yours. I am in the process of modding one of my longshots, and was planning on galaxy's cpvd'd LS, but now I might rethink ^_^
My YouTube

Solved the Rubik's Cube in 46 seconds

"Nobody understands quantum mechanics" - Richard Feynman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users