Photo

External Tank/pump Question

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:49 PM

Ok, I'm trying to make the semi automatic AT2K shown in this video. I just want to make it so, when my tank runs out of air, I can just switch to the pump with a flick of a switch. like this . But I can't find those anywhere.

EDIT: jeres a pic to somewhat help
Posted Image
If I wanted to use the pump, I would just turn the ball valve in the off position, and just pump because theirs no 3rd way for the air to go to. Right?

Edited by nerfboi, 17 August 2008 - 11:08 PM.

We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:11 AM

You're only going to be able to find directional control valves through industrial supply companies.
And yes your setup will work fine. Any type of valve will work in the location you have specified.

Your setup allows you to decide whether you want the pump to prime just the blaster, or the tank as well.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:58 PM

Ok, I'm going to build the tank, I jsut have a question, For the semi auto AT2K, anyone whats the highest PSI it can take? THe video said he did 55 but is that the highest?

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:31 PM

It's not a good idea to go above 65-70psi considering the valve body is made of thin nylon.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:31 PM

Ok, so I should stay at 65ish PSI MAX?

Edited by nerfboi, 21 August 2008 - 01:32 PM.

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:39 PM

Yes. The tubing in most blasters will burst at 70-80psi. The valve body probably isn't rated to handle any more than that either.

#7 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

Ok, now I have 1 more question. I know im not going to fill it more that 70PSI, so what kind of gauge should I use just so it will let me know how much pressure is left. Like if I were to look at it, it will read 70PSI, and then shoot the gun a couple of times, and then look at it again, it will tell me how much PSI I have left.

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

Ok, now I have 1 more question. I know im not going to fill it more that 70PSI, so what kind of gauge should I use just so it will let me know how much pressure is left. Like if I were to look at it, it will read 70PSI, and then shoot the gun a couple of times, and then look at it again, it will tell me how much PSI I have left.

A pressure gauge with a range of 0-100psi.

#9 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

Is it the this one?
40565K33 - Compact SS Case Gauge +/- 2% Accuracy 1-1/2" Dial, 1/8" NPT Male Center Back, 0-160 PSI = $6.06
- That's from McMaster

Edited by nerfboi, 21 August 2008 - 03:10 PM.

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:42 PM

Yep, that'll work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users