Photo

Big Blast Or Big Salvo?

Which would you rather use?

25 replies to this topic

Poll: Big Blast or Big Salvo? (73 member(s) have cast votes)

Which would you rather use? A Big Blast or Big Salvo.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:04 PM

The other day my friend had gotten a big salvo. We had a small local war with us and a few friends. I was playing with the big blast and he used a salvo. I personally like the big blast better. What are your opinions?

Edited by NerfOnFier, 14 August 2008 - 02:05 PM.

#2 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

I have to agree with you. I like the Big Blast. Cheap, easy to mod, and great results. But the Big Salvo is also a worthy primary. Four semi auto shots, each with their own air tank. The BS can reach 80 foot ranges with proper modifications.
EDIT: And by the way, this is along the lines of a "best gun topic." These types of topics are generally extremely erotic.

Edited by Bomberman, 14 August 2008 - 02:15 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#3 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

I agree with you as well, thanks for your opinion.

#4 Natbeanz

Natbeanz

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

I would use use the big blast too. Just because its easier to mod and gets better ranges .
QUOTE(Groove @ Jan 8 2009, 05:11 PM) View Post

Do me a favor, take a deep breath, and get some of that sand out of your vagina.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY SEXY

#5 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

I prefer the BBBB since it is reliable and easy to mod. I had gotten 2 BS's in june and each of them had leaks.
TMC

#6 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

Just a quick comment. Feel free to explain your choice. :)

#7 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:36 PM

I personally prefer the big salvo. Four shots, each with 80-90 foot ranges using taggers is fine by me. My yard is only 126 feet long anyway. I actually like to use my external tank with the BS the best.
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#8 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

I voted for the Big blast, Why because they are extremly easy to mod, there reliable, consistent, very accurate, and get great ranges
The only thing i dislike about it that it has a poor rate of fire while the big salvo has a good rate of fire but not as good range
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#9 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:44 PM

Seeing as I have 3 big blasts and no big salvos, I thing it would be pretty obvious.

Cheap, easy to mod, reliable, great ranges, and easy to aim.

Plus, right now I am working on a project involving a big blast and the cut up shell of a longshot, and with all the work I am putting into it, you better bet I like big blasts.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#10 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

Interesting.

#11 skatewtf

skatewtf

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

I personally like the big salvo better, this is only because of the RoF. It can also get ranges up to 100 ft, from what I hear anyway. Nice poll.

#12 perezinthenet

perezinthenet

• Members
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

I prefer range over ROf so i picked the Big Blast

#13 FERD

FERD

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:09 PM

Although my big blast is kinda messed up but i love it.

Edited by FERD, 14 August 2008 - 06:35 PM.

Im not nice...................... I KICK BABIES

#14 Aimless

Aimless

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:20 PM

I lean towards the Big Blast. The volume of air it puts out is only exceeded by the SGSL,Nat Geo, and the Titan. With so much air you can use gigantic volley attachments or shoot large caliber darts. Hell, you can even put the missiles it comes with to good use.
It makes the world go round.

#15 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

Aimless, I agree with pretty much everything you've said. The big blast has such amazing power that i've seen people put on AT4K barrels, and even quad barrels. Although i'm not saying I hate the big salvo. Hell both are great, but i'd rather have range and accuracy over somewhat good range and RoF.

#16 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:09 PM

I am going to disagree with the majority of people here. Big Salvo just seems more practical for me. The great ROF is a huge plus compared to the big blast. I used to prefer range over ROF, but I have had too many people rush me and shoot me after I pop a shot off, and not be able to reload in time. If you have a big blast you do need a faster reloading secondary.

-Upperhand
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#17 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

­

Edited by DarkInfection, 23 June 2010 - 09:23 PM.

#18 Tannman500

Tannman500

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:07 PM

Aimless, I agree with pretty much everything you've said. The big blast has such amazing power that i've seen people put on AT4K barrels, and even quad barrels. Although i'm not saying I hate the big salvo. Hell both are great, but i'd rather have range and accuracy over somewhat good range and RoF.

i would vote big salvo because there overall better weapens
¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸Van Halen ¸„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ ~~~~ ROCKS!!~~~~``°º¤ø„¸
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø„ 4EVER

Copy and paste this in your signature
if you are playing football this fall.

#19 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:19 PM

Well, first, I'm not a big fan of all these "Which gun is better?" or "Which gun should I get?" threads. Perhaps we should just have a review directory where people can post their thoughts about each blaster and not need to make these new topics all the time...then again, even with the directory, we'd probably still get these threads.

Having given my rant, I'd have to say that both are excellent when used correctly. If we're talking just using the blaster, I'd take the Big Blast because of it's consistency. Big Salvos are not sufficiently reliable for my liking because of their firing mechanism. However, replacing the trigger system with an SMDTG trigger (Marvelous Salvo) you get one of the best possible NERF blasters (in my opinion).

So I guess I would say, why choose, when you can have them both?

Behold! The Big Big Blast!

#20 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

Perhaps we should just have a review directory where people can post their thoughts about each blaster and not need to make these new topics all the time...then again, even with the directory, we'd probably still get these threads.

I like this idea. Have one thread per weapon, and the pros and cons can be discussed?
[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#21 Watari

Watari

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:32 AM

I don't own both, yet never used both, but I have gone against the Big Blast, from my point of view......the Big Blast is a great gun! During the first few rounds of 'geddon '08 (I think) there were alot of people with X-bows and Big Blasts, which could outrange my gun by about 40-60ft, which sucked. I've only seen the Big Salvo in the bucket of loaners (I think) that Baghead brought.

I don't own both,

When I was a little kid, I used to have a Big Blast, and an SM1500, and an AT2K pack (the one that comes with 2, the red and blue ones), when I found this site I looked for 'em but the seem to have dissapeared, reminds me of the time Baghead said something like, "when I was a little kid, I used to have an X-bow" boy that must've sucked.

EDIT:
I've checked K-mart, which I've heard carries it, but the nearest K-mart doesn't, just recons, and tommy twenties. How sad.

Edited by Watari, 16 August 2008 - 06:00 PM.

#22 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:16 AM

Im going to have to go with the Big Salvo. Since it gets decent ranges, has a good RoF, and they can all be shot at once.
-bustadartinyourass-

#23 Pebbles

Pebbles

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:25 AM

I'm going to disagree with the majority of the people in this topic. I like the Big Salvo, because it can get (reportedly) 125+ foot ranges. I have been trying to find one locally for years, and I had the pleasure to use one in an all-stock war. It out-ranged NF's, BBB's, a Titan, Single and Ten Teks, etc, stock. It's also one of the most accurate stock guns I've ever seen. Besides the durability problem, it seems to outperform even the Big Blast.
An idea won't work unless you do.
Foamblast: Home of NC Nerf's largest known clan.

Look at it! No, no, come back here and look at it! Bad members. Baaaaad members! -VACC

#24 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:12 AM

BS ftw. Nothing beats a Marvelous Salvo, and among all of its original merits on its own, the integration potential is incredible when paired with an SMDTG trigger, using the BS pump and blast chambers.

#25 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

I would prefer a Big Salvo in my own opinion. In fact yesterday I went to Ocean State Job Lot and found one out of it's package with a barrel broken off it didn't pump and it was a little scuffed up. They gave it to me for $1.99. The barrel and cuff wasn't a big deal to me and the reason the pump didn't work was because the o-ring was to small. I temporarily put scotch tape under the o-ring and it works. I'm going to replace that with Teflon tape.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users