Photo

Looking For Advice

15 replies to this topic

#1 xMaLTa

xMaLTa

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:18 PM

My friends and I are looking to start a Nerf league.
We were wondering what guns are the strongest and might sting a little bit when hit :P

#2 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:24 PM

First thing: There is no best gun, so were not just gonna say "Get this one!"
Second thing: What are your modding capabilities? It all depends what you can do to it to get the results your looking for. Answer this question and ill be happy to reccomend some blasters.

Welcome to the haven!

Nova

Edited by Nova, 17 August 2008 - 09:33 PM.

I need a life..

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:57 PM

There's nothing in the Code of Conduct as specific as "no questions regarding forming a Nerf league and which guns to buy." And his grammar was fine.

This is a silly question though. Just buy some guns and shoot each other and have fun; there's no need to form a league or any other such bullshit.

For the record it's not usually the gun that determines how much it stings when you get shot, it's the type of ammo. Homemade darts hurt more than stock darts because instead of a rubber cup they have hard hot glue. So any gun you put homemade darts in will sting a little but very few will give you bleeding welts and we generally steer clear of those.
SexD Warves

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:29 PM

If you are buying a basic arsenal, get these guns (I gave multiple options).

NiteFinders: Powerful spring pistols (40+ feet) that are $6 a piece.

AirTech2000: Powerful (90+ft.) air pistols/primaries/integration material (turret and the singled gun). You can get them at Kohl's for $12.

AirTech3000: Powerful air primaries that have 6 shots, get 70+ feet, and are $30 for 2.

Big Blast: Incredibly powerful air primaries (100+ft). $8 at KMart or more at Toys d We (TRU).
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

There is one gun that beats all SM5ks, Titans, and Big Blasts in terms of range. That is the national geographic roto rocket. But I think it is honestly inhumane to shoot someone with a singled one. I shot my friend once, and that is only because he had been constantly giving me shit about nerf. It's painful enough to be shot by it with the tri-shotgun attachment I made for it.

Edited by venom213, 17 August 2008 - 10:50 PM.

#6 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

AirTech2000: Powerful (90+ft.) air pistols/primaries/integration material (turret and the singled gun). You can get them at Kohl's for $12.

AirTech3000: Powerful air primaries that have 6 shots, get 70+ feet, and are $30 for 2.

Big Blast: Incredibly powerful air primaries (100+ft). $8 at KMart or more at Toys d We (TRU).

I find your lack of springers disturbing. :D

The BBB is also a decent primary, and a spring gun. The Longshot, which I personally am not a fan of, can achieve 70 or 80 feet with relatively easy mods. Really, it all depends on your play style. As you nerf, you will begin to realize what works for you. I started out trying to war with just a NF, then tried dual NFs to increase my rate of fire. Then I tried the Recon, which didn't work at all for me. I didn't like the clip system. Then I rebuilt one of the NFs with a larger plunger tube and spring and I've used that with a coupler. That worked well, and I liked the coupler and speedloader combo. However, I just got a BBB and that works nicely for me also, so I alternate between rounds sometimes. It might take you a while to find what works, but if you take the time to do so it will be better for you than any advice we could give here.

#7 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:27 PM

You also have to look at the demographic you're attracting. If you're going to open this league to everyone, for safety's sake, you may want to stay away from the more powerful mods. In that case, repeaters like the maverick, longshot, DTG and vulcan are very effective.

#8 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • State:California

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

to analog kid:

Edited by nerfer9, 18 August 2008 - 12:01 AM.

#9 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

[quote name='nerfer9' date='Aug 17 2008, 11:51 PM' post='170177']
QUOTE(Lynx @ Aug 17 2008, 11:29 PM)

Big Blast: Incredibly powerful air primaries (100+ft). $8 at KMart or more at Toys d We (TRU). [/quote]

[/quote] I find your lack of springers disturbing. tongue.gif [/quote]
[/quote]
What?
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#10 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts
  • State:California

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:02 AM

finally got the quote going...

#11 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • State:Ohio

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

A few wasted posts later...

I gave cheap effective options to make a fun and competitive nerf arsenal.

The primaries are all air powered since they are some of the simplest to mod, cheaper than others (Big Bad Bows are $20), and they are fairly easy to use (not a Hornet or a Blastfire).
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#12 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:02 PM

Dont forget automatics. I can kill any body with my RF20 on a good day. Also you can do what Slug did with BobII and intergrate(sp?) a RF20 and BigBlast togethor. But really there is no Nerf leagues only clans and wars. You can start one be it would be unneccesary and may cause confusion. Just get some friends togethor and nerf, and dont worry about your guns just have fun.(Hey that rymed).
Truce.

#13 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:52 PM

If you are playing inside, get longshots, recons, magstrikes and RF20s. Anthing with a good rate of fire and decent range.

For outdoor play, I recommend more long range guns such as the Big Blast, or the Big Bad bow. Both are remarkable in the range category.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#14 ibme

ibme

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

I'd buy a paintball gun and slap a NERF sticker on it.
"Beware of artists - they mix with all classes of society and are therfore most dangerous" - Queen Victoria

#15 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

And you would leave it at home when attending any of the wars advertised on this site, opting to bring something less deadly with you. Just saying. :P

EDIT: I realize this was a joke, hence the smiley and whatnot.

Edited by analogkid, 19 August 2008 - 12:14 AM.

#16 ibme

ibme

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 11:51 PM

And you would leave it at home when attending any of the wars advertised on this site, opting to bring something less deadly with you. Just saying. :P

Heh, it was joke dude.
"Beware of artists - they mix with all classes of society and are therfore most dangerous" - Queen Victoria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users