Worst Nerf Gun Ever!

Whats your choice?

22 replies to this topic

#1 Nerf Bros

Nerf Bros

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:14 PM

As a new nerfer, I'm just wondering, what is the worst gun Nerf has ever tried to sell?
Honestly, a gun so bad that they've all been recalled.
Nerf has to of had an Edsel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edsel)
More unmodible than the Firefly.
Worse range than a Recon.
So ugly it hurts.
I know there is one.
Which one is it?
We have no sig.

#2 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:36 PM

Well it's a very strange question. I don't believe a nerf gun has ever been recalled or been so ugly it hurts, but my choice would be the Atom Blaster. Balls seem so useless. (No pun intended.)
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#3 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:45 PM

Hmm... an interesting question indeed. The X-Bow is largely hailed as the best Nerf Gun ever, but the worst ever? There have been quite a few in my experience.

In my experience:
The Iron Raptor (modability is dubious at best)
The Scout
The LS Front Gun
The Buzzsaw

These are simply in my opinion, NOT proven fact. There are several ppl on the site that swear by some of the guns I listed.
Gimme back my bullets....

#4 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

Pulsator. I think we're done here.
I hate you.

#5 nerfguy01

nerfguy01

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:54 PM

Hmm. I would say the reactor.

#6 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

The Atom Blaster, a.k.a. Atomizer. its a tiny little ballgun that cocks when you load the ball into it. Yes, it sucks so hard that the force of loading in a ballistic ball cocks back the tiny spring. No advertised ranges 'cause the're <10 feet.

#7 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

Yeah the atom blaster is advertised as a party favor. party favor=definite crap.

Does it have to be nerf? Because i would say nearly all the stupid store brand knock-offs are complete crap, atleast they have been with me.

Nerf wise though, the double crossbow was pretty bad in my opinion, i second the reactor and the buzzsaw due to their uslessness. And probably all subway blasters.

Nova

Edit: just looked at Orange's nerf page and saw the pulsator, it even looks like shit.

Edited by Nova, 17 August 2008 - 05:11 PM.

I need a life..

#8 Night Shadow

Night Shadow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:29 PM

I believe the reactor was pretty bad. And guys, all the Nerf guns that shoot balls can't be that good. Sure, the vintage Ballzooka was ok, but its replacements (Reactor, Atom Blaster, Buzzsaw) just don't live up to it. And besides, Nerf's selling guns to 10 year olds, not teens and adults like us. Back when I was 10, for all I knew, if it shoots, I like it. The ball shooting guns can't be compared to the dart guns because they're a whole different product all together. And I believe none of the ball shooting guns can be modded, if I'm correct.

#9 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

And I believe none of the ball shooting guns can be modded, if I'm correct.

You are not correct. Of all the nerfs reactor mod.

But thinking about it i do have to agree with you, ball blasters are a different line of nerf and potentially a different product.

Nova
I need a life..

#10 PirateShow

PirateShow

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:40 PM

The Perceptor was a pretty sorry blaster... I owned one when I was ten or so, even then I was not impressed.
Biff! Pow! Whammo!

#11 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

I would say the BuzzBee Triple Mech if it was nerf.

But since it's not, LS Front gun. Guns half it's size get 10x the range. The only way I got mine to hit 40' was by rebuilding its internals.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#12 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:32 PM

Chubbs
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#13 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

Chubbs

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole. I'd say the preceptor. Effeminate Effeminate Fail
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#14 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:03 PM

The Atom Blaster was (is) pretty bad, but either the pulsator or the Triple Mech is pretty bad. But I just got a Mega Missle today, I HATE that thing. The pump stroke is only like, and inch long, and I just hate it. It is uncomfortable, and, well, I'll complain on some place other than the forum here. But Chubbs is definetly an eye sore.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#15 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

I dunno about the worst, but the stinger was awkward at best.

I remember getting one, and playing around with it for a few days. I intended to mod it, but I think I just threw it out.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#16 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

How about the slingshot?
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#17 c130spectra

c130spectra

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:11 PM

Well I have not been in nerf a long time so if we're talking name brands i'd have to say the maverick (yea it looks cool but seriously) and all the ball shooters.

If we're talking off brands tommy 20 and the double barreled shotgun both suck really bad :wacko: . However the biggest crap of the crapiest is the rapid fire rifle (for me). Between the awful stock and the fact that the one I bought didn't even shoot out of the box :angry:. I'd say that was the worst nerf gun i've ever fired (or tried to :D ).

Edited by c130spectra, 17 August 2008 - 10:13 PM.

#18 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

How about, read the Code of Conduct and the recent post by Piney:

In the last couple of weeks, we've let in approximately 2,200 new and pending validations to membership.

That's a lot.

We also have noticed an abundance, a growth if you will, of forum threads and discussions with the following types of characteristics.

-- More "what is your favorite_____________" threads.

*snip*

Enough is enough.

Edited by Lynx, 17 August 2008 - 10:15 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#19 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

I don't really think anyone has made a topic like this before though lynx...

I'd say the master blaster. A lot of them fail on the bottom barrel(when you pull the thing back).

#20 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:38 PM

How about, read the Code of Conduct and the recent post by Piney:

In the last couple of weeks, we've let in approximately 2,200 new and pending validations to membership.

That's a lot.

We also have noticed an abundance, a growth if you will, of forum threads and discussions with the following types of characteristics.

-- More "what is your favorite_____________" threads.

*snip*

Enough is enough.

OMC replied to the topic and didn't condemn it, doesn't that give it the go ahead?

Supermaxx disk shooter. Jammed constantly and had sub-par performance the few times it did fire.

#21 Night Shadow

Night Shadow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:49 PM

Worst guns are the ones from Buzzbee Toys. The Tommy 20, Doubleshot, and Tommy 12 all suck. The Tommy 20 and Tommy 12 are both horribly inaccurate and can't shoot far at all. The doubleshot is too ineffective, because it was meant to glamorous, not effective. Most of the guns from Nerf are pretty good though.

#22 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:55 AM

Lynx, stop trying to be the next Badger. I believe your first topic was a "writeup" of how to use an old box from a disposable camera to make an "ammo cartridge" which was just an ammo holder. It had one picture which you had ripped of the internet. It was, no offense, really stupid, but nobody gave you shit about it. I think you should be a little looser and have more patience with the newbies.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#23 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:05 AM

I think it's time for everyone to shut the fuck up and look at what you've done. Look at it! No, no, come back here and look at it! Bad members. Baaaaad members!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users