Double Nitefinder

Another Double Nitefinder w/ a twist...

28 replies to this topic

#1 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

Hey guys, this is my first posted mod so bear with me. What I did was basically a Double Nitefinder with some twists. So first off allow me to explain what I'm going to do; minimize, double and "supe up". I'll apologize in advance for my slightly discolored pictures. Hopefully you'll find it in your hearts to forgive me for my incompetence.

So here's what you need:
-Two Nitefinders
-Hot Glue Gun (with glue :rolleyes: )
-Sharpie (optional)
-Screwdriver
-Any kind of saw that makes you happy.
-Wire Cutters (not pictured)

(Note:Other materials will be used later but are optional.)

For any of you visual people, here's what you'll need:
Posted Image

First, what you're going to want to do, is your basic air restrictor removal and any other barrel mods you want to do on the two Nitefinders. Then, while the gun is still opened up, unscrew the silly "laser" fixture. You'll then need to cut off the wires like so:
Posted Image

Next, take out those little amo holders; you'll need those later. Now put it back together and it should look like this (I didn't put my internals back in yet but you should to save time):
Posted Image

Once that is done, cut the part where the amo holders used to be, in between the yellow and the gray. There will still be a little thread holding on, but you can just rip it off. Note: This will remove the yellow part that the barrel used to go through up top. This is done for minimization. It should now look like this:
Posted Image

Now, make a line like I have on the handles. This will be where you will cut to have the handles connected. The place that you cut should vary depending on your hand size:
Posted Image

Now cut away! It will now look like this:
Posted Image

Note:ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE DONE TO BOTH GUNS!

Now, take both guns and your handy-dandy hot glue gun. Slap on a bunch of glue and it should look like this:
Posted Image
Notice, I also added some of those extra amo slots to where we cut off that big piece before with a bunch of hot glue. Not only is this practical for carrying amo, but it also makes it look cooler.

Now, if you were really boring, you could call it quits. But, I think not! I added some extra things that make the gun cooler and more practical.

1.Electrical tape around the handle to make it more sturdy and easier to grip.
2.More amo slots in strategically placed areas.
3.Most importantly; a Crossfire Shield to protect the wrist. In place of this, you could use an old Manta shell or make one yourself.

So, this is what mine looked like in the end:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you have found this entertaining to say the least! Questions and comments are greatly appreciated. Hopefully this one will end up in The Directory. And once again, I apologize for the discoloration! :D
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#2 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:10 PM

How is the hot glue holding up? I just can't believe that hey are held together with hot glue. You should seriusly consider using epoxy. I used to use hot glue on everything, but now I mostly use epoxy. Just some advice, you don't have to do this, drop the gun on the grass a few times. If it holds up, then your bond is durable. Looks good though.
-A side of nerf
Southeast Nerf Contingent

#3 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:13 PM

Looks good! You should probably mod both nightfinders first before you double 'em though. It would be a lot better.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#4 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

It's actually holding up quite well. There is a whole crap load of hot glue on there so it works just fine. And, I have tried that idea about dropping it in the grass... generally. It has held up just fine and I've had it for a few weeks now. And Renegademilitia15, I did mod both before the "doubling". Sorry I wasn't more clear!

Edited by Poseidon, 02 July 2008 - 05:17 PM.

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

Despite them being held together with hotglue, this is probably my gavorite take on the double NF, on account of putting on a Crossfire shield. Does it acually work as a shield? And I think you might acually be able to integrate a Spidey Dart tag Blaster into this, with a cleer placement of the detonator. You should do a barrel replacement and spring replacement too, though. Then it would really be deadly! I just love the double NF.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

It actually does work quite well as a shield. It doesn't restrict wrist movement so you can move it freely about to deflect darts that might normally hit you. And, I was going to do some barrel replacements but I'm currently out of barrel material so I'm going to do it some other time.
-Martin Luther

#7 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

Can you still open the guns? If so, cool.
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#8 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

Can you still open the guns? If so, cool.

You could mod it to open, by not glueing the seams in the gun. I'm not sure if he did it that way though.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#9 p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

Whenever i see these double nightfinders I wish someone would come up with something where you could cock both guns at the same time or only one if you wanted. I would try to come up with something myself but i don't have the money right now. (I know it's sad that I don't even have 12 dollars)

So somebody please think about it. I believe it would make these a lot more effective.
It's better for someone to think you're a fool
than to open your mouth and prove them right

#10 Gears

Gears

The boy who lived

• Members
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:47 PM

Whenever i see these double nightfinders I wish someone would come up with something where you could cock both guns at the same time or only one if you wanted. I would try to come up with something myself but i don't have the money right now. (I know it's sad that I don't even have 12 dollars)

So somebody please think about it. I believe it would make these a lot more effective.

Wah? To cock both guns at the same time, just pull each rod either one at a time, or just take a pause to pull both rods together. Both would take less than 2 seconds, max. Otherwise, i have no idea what you're saying.

WoW is destroying my life.

-Groove out.

LAWN GNOME LIBERATION FRONT

#11 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 02:14 PM

He's saying that someone should make like a cocking mechanism like out of PVC and PVC elbows that is one handle, but allows you to cock them both at once. But, that would mean that they would have to fire simultaneously, so that kind of defeats the purpose of having two shots.

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#12 p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

He's saying that someone should make like a cocking mechanism like out of PVC and PVC elbows that is one handle, but allows you to cock them both at once. But, that would mean that they would have to fire simultaneously, so that kind of defeats the purpose of having two shots.

Not exactly what i'm saying. I was thinking about something that was lose enough so that you could use one at a time yet strong enough so that you could cock them at the same time without it breaking.

Someone PM'd me that someone's already thought of that before and that i could just use string. The only problem with that is that i would have a hard time finding string that was durable enough and wouldn't unravel.

#13 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:11 PM

Use a small rope.

#14 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

You could use fishing line or whatever that's what people use on a longshot integration for the trigger.
Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#15 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

Thats wire...

#16 p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

p-n-u-t-b-t-t-r

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:43 PM

You could use fishing line or whatever that's what people use on a longshot integration for the trigger.

The thing about that is that it would tear up your hand

#17 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

Put aquarium tubing around it.

Get a rope, tie them together, DONE.

I did it. It's not that hard people. It just doesn't work good enough to use it for one NF.
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#18 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 03:44 PM

Personally, I think the rope or wire or whatever you guys are talking about, really isn't worth it. First of all it might save you a second if your lucky, but it really wouldn't be that hard to just cock the other one while you're at it. Second of all, your hand would have to be at the exact middle of the rope otherwise one might cock while the other doesn't. I just don't see the real use of it...
-Martin Luther

#19 LoneKiltedNinja

LoneKiltedNinja

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

Y'know, this kinda reminds me of a miniature MaxForce Manta Ray. If you've never heard of it, don't trust the nerfcenter writeup. In my experience, the thing is a bitch to cock if you're small and doesn't actually shield much if you're big. And its range is lousy. And it's hard to actually fire the two sides independently. In short, the shielded-double-NF sounds like everything the Manta wanted to be, only good :blink:

#20 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:37 PM

The Manta is what I basically built this Double Nitefinder on. And, with it, I attempted to fix all the flaws I found in it. In the end, I think I pretty much met that goal. Thanks for the encouragement :D .
-Martin Luther

#21 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 07:14 PM

I like it, But it just that the shells are very far apart so it looks uncomptorable, Is it?
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#22 Guest_kane34_*

Guest_kane34_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

That was soooo helpfully man! thnks a ton i'm starting to build one of my own atm! :) :( :( :D B)

#23 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:49 PM

That was soooo helpfully man! thnks a ton i'm starting to build one of my own atm! :) :( :( :D B)

Did you happen to read the code of conduct by any chance?

#24 Liam

Liam

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

It's not the cleanest double nitefinder ever, but I really like the sheild on the side for some reason.
The chances of one person taking a bomb on a plane are one in a million. The chances of two people taking a bomb on a plane are one in a trillion. So if you're scared of a terrorist attack, bring a bomb on a plane.

#25 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:54 PM

Yea, the minimization kind of looks messy but the stupid laser pointer thing bugged me.

By the way Icespartan_1114, if you were asking if it was comfortable, it is. One just needs to separate the shells based on his/her hand size.

Edited by Poseidon, 16 August 2008 - 03:38 PM.

-Martin Luther

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users