Bike Nerf

Is this posable?

37 replies to this topic

#1 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

A while back (before I got my account) I saw a topic on NHQ about putting a tommy 20 on a bike. My question is could this be done with other guns (I was thinking the rapidfire 20 or automatic tommy 20) and would it be useful in a war. I just want to know what people think about this before I buy an old bike to try this out on. Any ideas are very welcome. It would be attached somewhat like this.
Posted Image

Edited by Firefox551, 16 August 2008 - 12:04 PM.

"Whats algebra? I like pudding." - My friend Luke

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#2 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:19 AM

As a matter of fact, I own a go-kart. I actually experimented using it in a war, by holding the guns in the passenger seat and pretty much doing drive-byes. The outcome wasn't bad, I never got hit and I took some guys down. Maybe you should try something like this on your bike.

#3 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

Yeah well you see, I don't want to try this out on my good bike so I would have to buy an old one from a yard sale or something. My friend and I were discussing this the other day and thought it could work to put an automatic tommy 20 on each handle bar. We were also toying with the idea of a place to store a foam sword. Our only problem is that this could become very expensive. It could also take some practice to learn to ride it.

"We have to remember what we all have in common, and why we are here. Our shared love of shooting things, and each other with little foam darts." - Niaja Blue

#4 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

I wouldn't suggest using the auto tommy 20, because if it's anything like the single shot tommy 20 the ammo will fall out pretty damn easily.

#5 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

I wouldn't suggest using the auto tommy 20, because if it's anything like the single shot tommy 20 the ammo will fall out pretty damn easily.

I have one and the ammo hasn't ever fallen out. It also hasn't jammed yet.

#6 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

It doesn't sound all that smart. People biking around with mounted nerf guns, One hand steering and one hand shooting. That is like an accident waiting to happen.
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#7 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

Ubermench did mount a t20 on his bike. You could make some thing to go over the front of the drum to hold the darts in I would go for a variety of weapons. Futureseal and I planned a tank out that I believe would have worked. It was essentially a simple non motorized push go cart that was extra long with axles that stuck out from the sides about a foot and a half the design used my cannon design for the big gun and a machine gun we planned on building until we read about the vulcan a few months later. the shell was origionally going to bemade of plaxiglass but we thought that would be too expensive and so we resorted to double thick card board with a plexiglass front. I might make a design in paint. It also had several hatches for regular guns. REMEMBER I never actualy built this! It was only a design. The reason we planned on building this was we had a game mode we planed for this (or at least I did) with a few people in the tank and the rest in 2 cardboard forts each team was allowed only one armor peirceing gun (big blast or titan) and was played where we usually nerf which is a a feild withlittle cover and few hills.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#8 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

It doesn't sound all that smart. People biking around with mounted nerf guns, One hand steering and one hand shooting. That is like an accident waiting to happen.

The gun would be attached to the handle bar so that it would be like part of the handle bar. It wouldn't be that hard.

#9 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

This would lead to one thing: hilarity. Of course you could shoot while riding a bike; of course you could mount a gun on a bike. The real problem comes in with the simple fact that you are moving, while trying to hit targets that are also moving, and all the while you are depending on a platform that is quite unstable (it takes a lot ov concentration just to ride a bike). Honestly, though, I would LOVE to attend a war with some dude trying to drive-by people from a bike. That's a story for the grandkids. ~Rork

P.S. You have no idea as to the kind of joy I would derive from seeing this idea's ultimate logical progression: nerfing on unicycles. Think about it.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#10 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:25 PM

This would lead to one thing: hilarity. Of course you could shoot while riding a bike; of course you could mount a gun on a bike. The real problem comes in with the simple fact that you are moving, while trying to hit targets that are also moving, and all the while you are depending on a platform that is quite unstable (it takes a lot ov concentration just to ride a bike). Honestly, though, I would LOVE to attend a war with some dude trying to drive-by people from a bike. That's a story for the grandkids. ~Rork

P.S. You have no idea as to the kind of joy I would derive from seeing this idea's ultimate logical progression: nerfing on unicycles. Think about it.

Dude nerfing on unicycles would be freaking awsome! I can totally imagine some of my friends doing that (if they learned how to use a unicycle that is.) As to shooting while moving on the bike, my thinking was that you would ride directly at your target, unload 40 darts at them, then ride away or whip out a foam sword and try to hit them as you ride by. So you wouldn't be shooting and turning at the same time, just peddaling and balancing.

#11 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:41 PM

Well, that would be fine, right up until the point that you realized that your "target" was pointing a singled big blast at your head from 20 feet. From that point on: not so fun. Compared to the human body, a bike is unstable and sluggish to maneuver--especially at T20 ranges. Nerf requires agility, not the ability to travel long distances cheaply. On the other hand, I think anyone on a unicycle should get extra hit points. Just saying. ~Rork
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#12 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

Could you post a video of the Auto Tommy 20? Also I think it would be hard to shoot and ride on a bike at the same time.
Truce.

#13 Alfonso

Alfonso

• Banned
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:54 PM

Sounds impractical to me. Vulcan on the back of a golf cart? Maybe.

#14 yoruai

yoruai

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

Maybe a guy standing on some pegs with the T20 while another steers. More manuverability for the shooter anyway.

I think the biggest issue with multiple vehicles running around, aside from saftey, is the number of useable darts at the ebd of the game. Not sure how bad a go kart or bike could tear up a dart but it'd be harder to avoid running over them.

#15 ddog

ddog

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

Just hot glue, or somehow integrate the guns into the handle bars so that you can basically steer WITH the guns. And that would be awesome in a go-kart, having a guy machine gunning in back. That would be so fun.

#16 rifleman

rifleman

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

I would take something other than a auto t20 I would take a vulcan and mount it on a rack extending from the handlebars and then remove the front brake [but leave the handle on] and use a cord running from the trigger to the lever
"Nerf to all and to all Nerf all Night!"

My guns are in my PI on my profile.

More people need to nerf in North Dakota

#17 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

How much do old golf carts go for?

#18 1000 Zombies

1000 Zombies

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

I had an idea similar to that the other day. About the bike idea, maybe you could strap a wagon on the back of a bike and have the wagon dude shoot. It would probably unsafe, but it seems fun to me. Not to mention bikes and go karts would be useful in CTF games.
WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS BRUTALLY OVERUSED!

#19 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

I had an idea similar to that the other day. About the bike idea, maybe you could strap a wagon on the back of a bike and have the wagon dude shoot. It would probably unsafe, but it seems fun to me. Not to mention bikes and go karts would be useful in CTF games.

I had the same idea, but instead of attaching wagon to a bike, my friend sat in a Radio Flyer, and I pulled. He was using a Wildfire and we we were going down hill. It wasn't safe idea, but we managed to gun down the other team. But I don't recommend doing that.
There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#20 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

Go karts and bikes would give people a reason to use Titan missiles, and add some interesting new rules to the game. A hit on a vehicle with a Titan missile "destroys" that vehicle. Think about it.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#21 rifleman

rifleman

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:05 PM

Go karts and bikes would give people a reason to use Titan missiles, and add some interesting new rules to the game. A hit on a vehicle with a Titan missile "destroys" that vehicle. Think about it.

that would be fun and also have you ever thought about rc aircraft I mean just rig an extra servo and load a titan missle on it and go bomb the other team
:lol:
"Nerf to all and to all Nerf all Night!"

My guns are in my PI on my profile.

More people need to nerf in North Dakota

#22 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:17 PM

Let me pump up my unicycle and practice for a few days, then we'll see how this turns out.

trans as shit because fuck you

#23 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 01:38 AM

How much do old golf carts go for?

I found a good one on craigslist for $800. But it was sold.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#24 Firefox551

Firefox551

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

Could you post a video of the Auto Tommy 20? Also I think it would be hard to shoot and ride on a bike at the same time.

Well I would, but I don't have a youtube account right now when I get one I will. I havn't modded it yet but it shoots a little slower than a vulcan.

I actually thought of this, and it would be really awsome. But it would also be really expensive.

Yeah I thought of that too. But the way we play, you have ten "lives" and a dart does one damage, balls and arrows five and titans kill you instantly.

I thought of that but, it would be a weeee bit expensive for me.

that would be fun and also have you ever thought about rc aircraft I mean just rig an extra servo and load a titan missle on it and go bomb the other team
:)

I thought of using titan missles for destroying vehicles, and for the RC couldn't you somehow pad it up a lot and use it as a remote control missle?

#25 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:57 AM

I thought of using titan missles for destroying vehicles, and for the RC couldn't you somehow pad it up a lot and use it as a remote control missle?

Uhh, probably not. Either it would break on impact or the person it hit would break on impact. Or the padding would make it not able to fly. It would be really hard to aim a missle that was attached to the RC plane also, but it might be possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users