Photo

Rifling Barrel Idea

5 replies to this topic

#1 Cankywanky

Cankywanky

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 07:42 PM

Instead of spending hours trying to figure out how to rifle a barrel couldnt you just get a fan from a computer and cut it down to fit into a pipe rip off the motor and glue the fand part to the inside of the barrel to create a vortex.
I believe that when the air passed this it would start spinning and spint the dart with it when it shoots out.

What do you guys think of this idea?

#2 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 08:22 PM

It wouldnt work. Computer fans are to prevent a computer from overheating. A small, underpowered fan like that would only create a small breeze, and get in the way of the air passage. Also, it's too big. Even if it were powerful enough to create a vortex, it wouldnt work.
ko

#3 Cankywanky

Cankywanky

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 08:44 PM

Im not talkin about havin a motor on it didnt you read my post?
Anyways i said cut it down to size. It would be glued to the sides so it wouldnt move.

#4 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 09:58 PM

It would still be too big even if it were cut down...Sorry for the misunderstanding, I understand what your saying, but to find a fan small enough for cpvc/pvc/brass/copper....
ko

#5 INsecurity

INsecurity

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 08:10 AM

I think you idea would work but with a little change, a fan similer to a computer fans build but alot amaller that would fit into a piece of barrel material, but sitting behind where the dart would go intront of the valve so that when the valve is opened the air is pushed though the free spinning fan thus sipinning the air and pushing the dart, may or may not work, but its still woth a shot.

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 09:20 AM

Dude, its just a spinning air restrictor...By the time the "fan" is up to speed the dart will be long gone. Even if it werent, it wouldnt work, the fan isnt spinning the air, the air is spinning the fan. We have no need for rifled barrels...and thats not a rifled barrel. If you want to increase range, make an amazing mod, but an air restrictor is not going to do this for you.
ko

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users