Marshmallow Shooter

pump plugged, barrel material changed

13 replies to this topic

#1 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

Alright So I just got home from visiting relatives and on the way to the airport we stopped a Mall of America where I got cheese, chocolate, a cheese hat and this interesting little gun. I had seen the one that my freind had and noticed it had quite the air output so I saw one and decided to get it.
To do this mod you will need:

hacksaw or dremal for a cleaner cut

hotglue gun and sticks or plumbers goop

Marshmallow shooter
(can be found here
or at other stores)

cpvc

Alright my writeups sucked when I tried something other than the step one step two format so its back to that.

Step one: Remove the front marshmallow breach section by pushing down on black nubs.
Step two: Once this is removed dremal or saw off just behind the front AR grate section.
Posted Image
But see that little black thing in there? thats important, leave it there it's part of the valve.
Posted Image
Step three: wrap a barrel length of your choice ( I used a 4 inch barrel because that was all I had left) in enough duct tape to fit snug inside the stock barrel.
Posted Image
Step four: Put the barrell in the stock barrel.
Posted Image
Step five: hot glue or plumbers goop around the edges of the duct tape and cpvc and around the edges of the duct tape and stock barrel.
Posted Image
Step six: Hot glue over the black nubs holding the part of the valve i talked about earlier.
Posted Image
Step seven: Now its time to plug the pump. Unscrew the back of your gun as shown.
Posted Image
Now simply hot glue over the hole in the plunger head.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Now your done. No official ranges yet as it is raining heavily right now but I am guessing upwards of 90. I have done the welt test in which it did well.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#2 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

Not half bad, I think im going to have to go and pick one up.

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

Hm. Good mod. This thing packs a punch! How big is it? Compared to lets say.. A recon? But I think you probably would get better results nesting brass in PVC and putting PVC in there. I don't think you are letting this marshmallow cannon to it's full potential.
And just out of curiosity, how far did it shoot marshmallows, how does the breach system work, and how much was it?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

I've never seen nor heard of one before.

But anything that hurls a regular-sized marshmallow 40 feet, ought to do quite well with Nerf sized darts and barrel mods.

That's pretty neat. Was it really about 20 bucks, though? Kind of steep as toys go, but heck, now I'm beginning to think of how cool that is. :blink:

Range test when you can!

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#5 Soothsayer

Soothsayer

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:08 PM

I love these types of finds. How many times did you pump it to go 90?

yeah I'm that guy who made that cool thing with the cool paint.

#6 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 04:12 PM

Im on limited resources now and need to make a trip to the hard warestore but I may try that bomberman.
I will test ranges when the rain stops.
EDIT: this is the same size as a recon with the stock attatchment.
EDIT2: I pumped it 10 times.
EDIT3: cpvc nested in pvc doesnt fit tight enough.
EDIT4: range tested with sonics since thats all I could find since when I was playing around with this gun I lost my only stefan. I got 80 feet with a sonic whistler.

Edited by g-force, 15 August 2008 - 08:01 PM.

Chubbs

#7 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Yeah I saw one of these while I was in Branson and I thought "Nah it's probably crap." And 20 dollars? In Branson it was $12.
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#8 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

If you take a photo of something and it comes out blurry, for the love of god take the photo again.
It's very easy to do.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#9 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

The shot always looks clear on the camera screen.

Chubbs

#10 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:53 PM

1. Use a tripod if you have one.
2. Use the zoom feature instead of moving the item really close to the lens. The automatic focus will have considerable difficulty when the item is so close. Especially if you are using a preset that has the focus setup for a set focal range.
3. Sunlight will give you much better results than average indoor lighting will.
4. If your results are still blurry then the auto-focus is having a hard time due to the surface of the material. Place a pen or pencil in the center of the frame while holding down the capture button of the camera half way until auto-focus can see the pencil sharply, then remove then remove the pen/pencil from the frame and press the button down the rest of the way.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 15 August 2008 - 11:54 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#11 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:55 PM

1. Use a tripod if you have one.
2. Use the zoom feature instead of moving the item really close to the lens. The automatic focus will have considerable difficulty when the item is so close. Especially if you are using a preset that has the focus setup for a set focal range.
3. Sunlight will give you much better results than average indoor lighting will.
4. If your results are still blurry then the auto-focus is having a hard time due to the surface of the material. Place a pen or pencil in the center of the frame while holding down the capture button of the camera half way until auto-focus can see the pencil sharply, then remove then remove the pen/pencil from the frame and press the button down the rest of the way.

Thanl you Im not much of a photographer. That would be my brother snapshot.

Chubbs

#12 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:26 AM

Nice job but I have to say $20 is too much for me.

#13 ownagenerf

ownagenerf

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:10 AM

Nice mod. If what you are saying is true, then this is pretty much the same as a longshot range wise. AND it looks to be alot smaller so NICE FIND MAN.
I nerf aswell as play world of warcraft. If u play on Lightbringer EU message me :D

#14 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 09:58 AM

Nice job but I have to say $20 is too much for me.

It was $20.00 for it at Mall of America. And inflate their prices quite a bit. My freind told me he got his at REI and it was only $10, but im not sure if that was true.

Chubbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users