Sex-bow

I haven't slept with it yet

8 replies to this topic

#1 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 01:00 PM

Got my grubbers on one. Long at last, I have a Crossbow. Here is the mod. I will have the next one done by this New Years, like I said. Stupid epoxy takes too long to dry, and I have to do it bit-by-bit. Ah, well. Sorry for the crappy pics, I really need a new camera. I was borrowing one, and was playing with the flash and lighting. Consider this my Christmas present to you. Despite the fact the community has alot of X-bow mods already. I'm just trying to archive them together in one site.
hug the fuck out of 'em, philippe!

#2 ShortShit

ShortShit

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 25 December 2003 - 01:41 PM

well done, glad you finially got your bebe.
~SS

#3 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 04:57 PM

I just finished the reinforcement I have been talking about for a few months now, I may even end up doing more. Hope that helps you guys.

#4 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts
  • Fucks Given:0
  • State:California

Posted 26 December 2003 - 05:35 PM

I like your layout, nice work. I think this level system you seem to have adopted might help out some newcomers in the future. Good work.

By the way, where did you get your reinforced industrial strength spring?

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#5 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 07:18 PM

Excellent writeup! Nice to see someone bother to write a decent description of what they've done with a mod. Props for giving credit where it's due.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#6 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 12:51 AM

nice job there

you definately pwned me on the picture quality. i'd like to know the item number and brand of the spring that you use when you get one, i've gone through about 4 springs that i am unhappy with, and right now my crossbow is using somewhat of a combination of the original spring and a really buff ace hardware one. i've still got a bit to do on my xbow to get it back in tip-top shape. well, i'm glad to see that you used/improvised on my methods. i like your level system, i think it definately will help other modders.

i don't even think my mod is still on this site? *bump* where'd it go?

Edited by rawray7, 27 December 2003 - 01:14 AM.

You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#7 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 02:22 PM

That is awesome. :starts drooling:
GO CANUCKS WIN WIN WIN YOU GUYS BETTER WIN -me

#8 Ragornocks

Ragornocks

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 04:32 PM

Okay, I added the idea of using a stronger catch spring.

I got my spring at Ace hardware; the thing is way too thick and strong, I can't even compress the thing all the way. It's model number C-892, some unknown brand, but I wouldn't reccomend it. I'm back to the DT3 spring until I find better.

#9 J cobbers

J cobbers

• Members
  • 586 posts
  • State:Texas

Posted 28 December 2003 - 06:55 PM

I use a braided bungee cord on my xbow and it seems to work really well in terms of performance and it negates the need to reinforce with aluminium. This really just a step up from using rubber bands but I like it. The only concern is because of the shape of the handle on the punger the bungee pulls it upwards slightly, but the plunger seems ok for now.

Don't forget to eat your meat based vegetable substitute children.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users