8 replies to this topic

#1 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:17 PM

EDIT- I just realized this title sounds like a rip-off of OMC's Season of foam topic but I promise I didn't see that topic untill after I finished typing this.

This story is written to accomplish a goal of mine. The goal is to motivate you to attend nerf wars. I wanted to post this topic in the sracticles forum but I then realised that that section is for administators so I thought the nerf wars forum as the most fitting. I have to confess I cannot nerf as much as I would like seeing as I cannot afford to travel to Augusta every time a nerf war happens. However, I have local nerf wars with my friends and my clan to promote the hobby and to have fun. I plan on attending Apocalypse next year; however it will cost a large amount of money to travel there from Georgia. That is the price I am willing to pay for the great feeling you get when you fight in a war. For those of you that have never attended a war, read this story and understand the awesome feeling of being in a war and standing next to the people you have conversed with for endless amounts of time; The feeling of getting a kill, honoring your teammates, and most importantly, having fun. Although to those who have never attended a war this may seem like exaggeration, but I will guarantee you, this is the feeling you get, even if this isn’t what goes on, this is the feeling you get.

The day is a Saturday in the month of July. The game is a team deathmatch using the 3/15 rule. The men gathered, standing in a line, ready to fight, and ready to die. Men seeing the faces of those they have only read about and spoken with across the internet. Gathered and ready to fight to show why they chose to attend the war. They are asked to line up to be chosen for the men they will serve in combat with. The team captain selects his team with careful precision, selecting them by what they wield, and what useful attributes they posses. The teams are done being chosen and they move out to the designated starting zone. At that post they wait. They wait for what seems like all eternity. The word start rings out across the battlefield. The enemy rushes forward covering vast amounts of ground. “Hold” cries the team captain as he watches the enemy charge forward barbarically. Right when the enemy is upon them he cries, break!”Men scatter everywhere and the darts start flying. A chorus of plastic clicking and darts wising rings out throughout the school. Men take command and start calling out battle formations and tactics. "Surround him!", "fire now!", "get on top of them!" "Hold your mark, fire!" Eventually, one of the teams manages to regroup and now that their numbers are small, they can move with tactics. They single out one target. "On three, charge red shirt", whispers the self proclaimed commander. "Three!" They charge forward, strike, and pull back to count their losses. They retreat to rally ammo but they will be back. They hunker behind a garbage bin and leave a man out for guard. They contemplate what to do. They then here someone counting and that is when their guard comes into view, he is walking backwards with his gun held in the air. "Run!" screams one of the men. Two of them sprint out from behind the safety of the garbage can to open grounds, immediately they are pelted with stefans. Only one man keeps his reserve, the man who took charge when their team needed it, their self proclaimed commander. He hears footsteps on the gravel. He still hunkers behind the garbage bin. The enemy player walks in front of him but is oblivious to the man lying on the ground behind him. He then feels a barrel tap is shoulder and hears the word "hit." He spins around to find a CPVC barrel resting on his shoulders. He shakes the hand of his opponent when he realizes he just took his last life. He clears the field and walks back to the staging area. The victory is short-lived when a dart pings the garbage can and he runs for cover. To his relief, he sees the two men who accompanied him at the garbage can returning after they had cleared. One makes it, the other one gets pinned down behind a garbage can. "You’ve got to run!" Cry his comrades. He knows there is no way out. His men give him cover and encourage him to come to them but he knows it is impossible. He comes to the conclusion that he would rather die fighting for the life of his men rather than running for cover. He pumps his brassed at2k. He stands up and charges forward crying. He fires off three shots before his death. Each shot meets its target. As he clears the field he looks to his men and they understand he gave his last life for their well-being. Now that one of the opponents has been annialated because of his sacrifice, he knows he has lightened the load for his men. It is a final showdown, two vs. two. The enemy team starts taking pot shots from behind a tree. The commander of the team in cover stands up and tells his comrade to join him. "Are you mad, their guns can easily get 200 feet!" He was correct as the enemys were both holding pump plugged big blasts. A smirk comes across the commander's face as he stares at the men firing shots that are wising by his head. "I would rather die fighting then be charged in cover." He starts to walk forward and the enemy gets a shocked look on their face. He fumbles through his pockets looking for darts. "two, how convenient."” He knows what he must do, two shots to the chest, both must be infalliable, and both most meet their targets. He feels the breath of another person on his neck; he turns around to see his comrade accompanying him. "It has been an honor serving you" he says and he charges forward screaming "get behind them!" The enemy's focus has now shifted to the man screaming. The commander realized what he was doing. He was giving his life for the better of the team. The commanders comrade runs forward, and his first shot lands on the back of the enemy. The other enemy spins around and nails the commander at ten feet. The commander falls to the ground. The pain is surging through his stomach. He starts to clear the field. He sees his teammate get one shot in before he is lit up at point blank with the enemy's back up Powerclip. As his comrade returns to the staging area he says, "Avenge me." The commander is cleared, he has one life left. He moves for cover. For almost ten minutes his opponent is taking pot shots. The commander has one shot left. He looks at his angel breeched longshot and takes out the clip. He removes the dart and he places his longshot on the ground he takes the cpvc'd nitefinder out of his pocket, and places it on the ground. He is preparing for death. Then out of the corner of his eye he sees something, a sewer drain, a tube filled with sewage that is about five feet underground used to transport water from the top of the hill to the bottom. The top of the hill is where his opponent resides. What would seem like a fowl gutter was a beacon of light to the commander. He picks up his nitefinder and loads it, he know what he has to do. Then out of nowhere, rain starts falling from the heavens. He moves over to the sewage drain and water is gushing out. He must do what is right. He starts to crawl up the tube. Water is gushing across his face. He is about to give up but he keeps on. His sweatshirt is soaked and his gun is wet. He finally reaches the top. The enemy sees him emerge from the tube but it is too late. The gun fires and water shoots out propelling the dart into the chest of his enemy. He stands up and shakes his hand. He clears the field and moves to the staging are. The commader thrusts his gun into the air signaling his teammates victory. The day is his.

Now if you have never been to a nerf war, imagine the feeling the commander had at the end of the story. Imagine you were the commander. Can you even begin to grasp the feeling? This fantasy can become a reality if all you do is attend a war. If the reason you can't attend ia nerf war is your parents, use this topic as a guide on how to do so. I hope this story has encouraged many of you to get out and attend an nerf war. Even if you don’t go to a large one, host one in your home town. If you want to convince your friends to play, show them this article. Hopefully I can attend NJ Apocolypse next year, and I hope to see many of you there.

A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 13 August 2008 - 08:33 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#2 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

Jesus tapdancing Christ...this may be the most (unintentionally) hilarious thing I have ever read, ever. Nerf wars are all very well, but this just reads like a personal fantasy. An uncomfortable, awkward personal fantasy that has now been shared with the pitiless sadists that frequent this forum...
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#3 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

The more I read it, the more I understand why you say that. However, the story is to help promote one of the main aspects of this hobby, warring! Hopefully it will influence new user's to get out and nerf and attend wars such as Apcalypse and Armageddon.
A side of nerf

#4 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

This is probably the most beautiful personal interpretation of SENO (it sure sounds like it) I've ever heard. It's been an honor serving with you A side and an honor hosting SENO. Until next time we meet. :)

Edited by Shadowblade, 13 August 2008 - 08:47 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#5 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

Wow that was just beautiful. Although it souds like you where watching or thinking of 300 when you wrote this. Match ups such as "ready to fight, ready to die" and "only one man keeps his reserve.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#6 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

This is probably the most beautiful personal interpretation of SENO (it sure sounds like it) I've ever heard. It's been an honor serving with you A side and an honor hosting SENO. Until next time we meet.

Hell yeah! Thats the enthusiasm that drives this society. It was an honor serving with you as well shadow. :)
A side of nerf

#7 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

That was inspirational to say the least... all too much like SENO. The next hunt is sure to be just as scintillating as the last.

Until the next time we meet in battle

:) Nerf Out :P

Edited by Myster E, 13 August 2008 - 09:13 PM.

"breastfeeding from cxwq's nippies".
- rawray7

Thanks for that wonderful mental image. I'm going to kill you now.

- Spoon Nerf God -

#8 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

Wow that was just beautiful. Although it souds like you where watching or thinking of 300 when you wrote this. Match ups such as "ready to fight, ready to die" and "only one man keeps his reserve.

Actually, this was written after I finished watching 300 for the 5th time. (I'm a sucker for Effeminate lines). In fact this story was invented whilst I slept on the trip back from SENO, and after watching 300 toady I realized I should do it.

A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 13 August 2008 - 09:54 PM.

#9 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:17 PM

Well, I think it was pretty funny, maybe a little corny, but good all around. By the way it's "whizzing", I was reading it the entire time and was quite confused by your use of the "wising".
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users