Cancelling Mcmaster-carr Order

What the hell?

6 replies to this topic

#1 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

I was browsing McMaster today looking for polycarbonate sheets to fab a new pickguard for my Strat (overkill I know, but it would have been cool), and to check the shipping and handling costs, I placed an order. I never gave them credit card info, so I assumed they would give me a final quote before taking payment info and placing the order. Turns out, my order went through instead and they are going to bill me. I sent them an email requesting cancellation and gave them the order number, but I don't know that they will actually get it. Has anyone had this happen before, and were they able to cancel the order?

Edited by analogkid, 12 August 2008 - 10:42 PM.

#2 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:44 PM

How are thay going to bill you if you didn't give them your credit card number?
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#3 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:45 PM

They'll send me a bill in the mail.

#4 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

I actually just got an order from McMaster Carr today. The order arrived without any confirmation of shipment or what shipping cost was. Hell, they didn't even say how they were shipping my stuff.

Anyways, McMaster Carr uses UPS, so you can at least try to calculate shipping yourself.

The worst thing that could happen is that they ship your order, and you have to refuse to take it from the UPS guy. Then it just gets shipped back, and hopefully that's the end of everything.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#5 washedup

washedup

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

First, I would call, not email.
Second, I highly doubt they will ship goods without payment.
Go FUCK yourself!

#6 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:23 AM

Taken care of, thanks.

/thread

EDIT: Cool, thanks CS.

Edited by analogkid, 13 August 2008 - 09:46 PM.

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:35 AM

For future reference all you have to do to return items to McMaster is mail them back to the nearest warehouse address and they will give you a full refund on unopened items, and a partial refund on opened/used ones.

They respond to e-mails very very quickly.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users