Photo

Best Guns To Pick Up?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:48 PM

Hey, I have 2 modified N-Strike Nitefinders. They shoot great, and get a lot of distance. But however, I wanted another gun to go with them. Kind of like a main gun, and have my pistols as sidearms. What guns would you recommend most?

-Mehku

Edited by Mehku, 12 August 2008 - 02:49 PM.

#2 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

You should do some searching for yourself. There is no "best" gun. You have to choose for yourself. There have been many, many, many topics exactly like this. Use the search function. Look at the mod directory. We are not here to spoon feed you.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#3 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

A Big Bad Bow or a Big Blast are both quality primaries.

#4 Mehku

Mehku

• Members
  • 383 posts

I realize you aren't here to spoon feed me. I just wanted to know which guns suck and what guns actually work. I'm sorry if I did something wrong by asking this, but please don't be rude. My topic was in the best intentions.

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Longshot with an Angel Breech or CPVC coupler/singled would be a good 'Main gun' that fits.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#6 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:10 PM

Longshot with an Angel Breech or CPVC coupler/singled would be a good 'Main gun' that fits.

Sgsl with my mod or just toys crossbow for assasains.
Any automatic or high rof gun for indoor wars.
Crossbow, bbb, pasg, and nf for outdoor.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

Why would a singled longshot be a better choice then a Big Bad Bow or Big Blast, both of which are cheaper and easier to modify?

As for the angel breech; It's an absurd thing to suggest a relatively new nerfer attempt.

Stick with simplicity.

#8 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:37 PM

If you can find an AirTech 3000 (they usually come in 2 packs), those are great primaries when you single them or replace the barrels.

Later on, when you are more confident in your modification skills, Longshots are very good primaries after you modify them. They don't get the same ranges as single-shot primaries (unless you do something drastic), but they make up for it with rate-of-fire and ease of reloading.

For my primaries, I duel wield an AT3000 and a Longshot with an integrated sidearm. That combo actually works alot better than it sounds.

And if you do mainly indoor wars, you might want to splurge on a Vulcan if you can find one. In my opinion, it's the ultimate indoor primary.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#9 nerfmaster583

nerfmaster583

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:45 PM

Longshot with intigrated front gun that has keyring firing and a super clip
:D :D :D :D :D
Who even started to mod nerf guns? Some crazy guy...

#10 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

This topic has come up time and again, and I have to back VACC up on this one (not that he really needs it). A Big Blast is probably the easiest gun to modify available. A Big Bad Bow is good too, but a little bit trickier to get back together than the Big Blast, but it's ROF makes up for it.

Until you've actually competed in a NERF war with a single shot gun (w/ flip breach), I wouldn't even consider using a gun with multiple barrels. You'll learn a lot about NERFing from the blasters VACC reccommends. After you have a few wars under your belt, look around some more for ideas (modifying) that might aid your playing style.

When I first started having NERF wars with modded blasters, I used the Big Bad Bow. I experimented with a few other things and settled mainly on the SuperMaxx 1500. I use other blasters and customize some of them heavily, but the SM1500 is probably the best NERF blaster for MY playing style.

Start with the Big Blast or Big Bad Bow and go from there.

#11 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

It is easy enough to just mod a Big Bad Bow or an AirTech 2000.

You have 2 long range guns with okay rates of fires and they are both EASY to mod.

Just pick up some CPVC for your BBB and some brass for your AT2k and you are set.

Yeah...
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#12 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:54 PM

I realize you aren't here to spoon feed me. I just wanted to know which guns suck and what guns actually work. I'm sorry if I did something wrong by asking this, but please don't be rude. My topic was in the best intentions.

I wasn't being rude. I was just stating that this question has been asked many times, and you could have gotten all the info you needed by searching a little bit.

It depends what you're looking for. Big Blasts and BBBs are fairly cheap and easy to modify, but a Big Blast has lower ROF than a BBB. Then there are blasters like the magstrike which can fire really fast, but not as far. There's the Longshot that many people have trouble modifying, but you can get decent range, and pretty good ROF. Then you have the xbow/+bow which have Big Blast ranges (+/- a little bit depending on how each one is modified) without the pumping, but they also cost $100 or more.

It's not a typical walk in the park to do, but I like my longshot with a maverick integrated into it. I also have another twist that I will hopefully get to finish soon. I love ROF, so I have two fairly high ROF blasters rolled into one. If you are looking to spend as little as possible, though, go with a big blast.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#13 themuffinman

themuffinman

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:57 PM

I would go with a Longshot, BigBadBow, BigBlast, or crossbow :] Hope I helped!
I'm new!

#14 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 06:53 AM

This topic has come up time and again, and I have to back VACC up on this one (not that he really needs it). A Big Blast is probably the easiest gun to modify available. A Big Bad Bow is good too, but a little bit trickier to get back together than the Big Blast, but it's ROF makes up for it.

Until you've actually competed in a NERF war with a single shot gun (w/ flip breach), I wouldn't even consider using a gun with multiple barrels. You'll learn a lot about NERFing from the blasters VACC reccommends. After you have a few wars under your belt, look around some more for ideas (modifying) that might aid your playing style.

When I first started having NERF wars with modded blasters, I used the Big Bad Bow. I experimented with a few other things and settled mainly on the SuperMaxx 1500. I use other blasters and customize some of them heavily, but the SM1500 is probably the best NERF blaster for MY playing style.

Start with the Big Blast or Big Bad Bow and go from there.

How is the BBB harder to mod than the LBB? You don't even need to open the BBB. You just saw off the tip, glue a coupler on there, and viola, 70'-80' ranges.

For the beginner, I'd recommend a BBB as you get a lot of power for a little bit of work. Airguns can be tricky, because if you plug them, you need to worry about counting pumps and figuring out how many pumps you can actually use etc etc. I'd urge beginners to stay away from airguns till they've got some confidence in opening guns up.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#15 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:25 AM

I guess I was thinking of the internal mods I did. But you're right, with just a barrel replacement, the Big Bad Bow is quite easy to mod.

But worrying about overpumping isn't much of a problem with a Big Blast since you shouldn't plug the pump for most wars anyway.

And there's always my "SuperMaxx Fuses" idea (one of my first posts).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users