Solarace: Proycon Compact

My home made WIP space shooter. :)

6 replies to this topic

#1 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:08 PM

A bit of story: Around 250af (after formation [of the Lrak Combine]) unknown alien ships attacked and destoryed many out lying colonies/outposts, but the Lrak Combine v. Rediar Federation war was still in full blown combat and naval commanders don't have time for silly ghost stories from unaligned colonies. By 259af the LC and RF combined have lost 5 solar systems along with the Independent Worlds Alliance which lost a total of 6. The LC and RF have been forced call a cease fire because the aliens, called Vancellen, are steam rolling them. This is the name of the game, they made a Compact (agreement etc.) to save their empires in the Procyon galaxy. (I thought it was a good name)

Now. Onto some screenshots for you guys.
http://www.shoopdawh...creenshot41.PNG
http://www.shoopdawh...creenshot40.PNG
http://www.shoopdawh...creenshot38.PNG
http://www.shoopdawh...creenshot36.PNG

This game is hugely inspired by EV:Nova, because right after I finally finished a storyline in EVN, I started work on this game. (Roughly mid-May of this year.) It has demi-newton physics, theres no drag but there IS a top speed to keep things sane. Please keep in mind that this game is still under development, it's not even beta yet. Not all the features I plan to have are in it yet, no matter how far I've made progress in other areas. I haven't even STARTED on the mission system.

So if you want to try it out, head over to my forum and find the latest build. (Currently Build 31)
http://iontrailpro.b...php?showforum=6

Feel free the join the forum and post bugs/suggestions and your mods.

Thanks for your guys time. B)
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#2 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

That looks sweet. Exactly what is it, though? The multiple units and top-down pov makes it look like an RTS but you said it's a shooter, so does it play like Asteroids or Geometry Wars?

#3 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

I actually haven't played Geometry Wars.. the game plays like Asteroids, but you aren't shooting Asteroids, you are shooting other ships. You can also buy a freighter or shuttle and buy low and sell high to get enough money to get a good fighter. In a fighter/combat vessel, if you kill enemy ships you'll get a reward. You'll get rewarded based on how tough that ship is.

#4 The Trouble

The Trouble

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:44 PM

I'm all for sacrificing ultra-realism for the sake of fun. Good call putting a top speed on the ships.

Glad to see another game developer on these forums! Keep up the good work.

#5 Jabulus

Jabulus

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:48 PM

That looks suh-weet. I've played games like this, there were many different weapons you could choose from, some of which shot straight forward, some automatically aimed at the nearest enemy, and some had a "blanket effect." Is this similar to your game? This is a nice piece of work. Hopefully it can be finished; I still have an unfinished Risk game on my hands.

Edited by Jabulus, 12 August 2008 - 07:48 PM.

WARNING-THIS IS GETTING BRUTALLY OLD!

QUOTE(Echnalaid)

One screw was stripped on my titan, so I Falcon Punched it. Try a Falcon Punch.

QUOTE(chrisnisk)

Not to mention I got the secret achievement Brass Balls for it

#6 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

That looks suh-weet. I've played games like this, there were many different weapons you could choose from, some of which shot straight forward, some automatically aimed at the nearest enemy, and some had a "blanket effect." Is this similar to your game? This is a nice piece of work. Hopefully it can be finished; I still have an unfinished Risk game on my hands.

Spread effect! Thanks for the gun idea. :D I knew I was missing something... But yeah. Normal guns just fire streight with Space Bar. Turreted guns automaticly track your target when you hold Left Control. Spread/Shotgun type could be a new one. :(

And thanks for the compliments. I'm going to try hard to finish this game. It will be a test of will because I WANT to put EVERY good idea that comes into my head, but I have to limit and select the best ideas and not just keep adding, because then it'll never be done!

Edited by Galaxy613, 12 August 2008 - 08:43 PM.

#7 Guest_Killakit_*

Guest_Killakit_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:49 PM

The graphics don't looks the best but it looks like a lot of fun and I may have to try it out. Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users