An Easy Mod

I want to do an easy mod.

11 replies to this topic

#1 themuffinman

themuffinman

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

Okay. This is my first post so I don't want to do anything complicated or anything of that manner. I just want to ask a question. Okay so I've modded a few guns but I 've broke a numerous amount of them. I want to mod a gun that I can find easily at stores and isn't too hard to mod. I've already modded my longshot, tech target, nightfinder, and a dart tag 2 player set gun. I want a gun with lots of power and isn't too hard to mod. Someone please reply.
-TheMuffinMan

Sorry guys but I accidentally put this post in General Nerf. :[ Really Sorry.
I'm new!

#2 h2player116

h2player116

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:43 AM

Okay. This is my first post so I don't want to do anything complicated or anything of that manner. I just want to ask a question. Okay so I've modded a few guns but I 've broke a numerous amount of them. I want to mod a gun that I can find easily at stores and isn't too hard to mod. I've already modded my longshot, tech target, nightfinder, and a dart tag 2 player set gun. I want a gun with lots of power and isn't too hard to mod. Someone please reply.
-TheMuffinMan

If you have already modified a Longshot then I personally think your already a decent modder because I would never touch the internals of a longshot but a easy gun to modify is definetly a nite finder. And they get alot of range 50-80 feet depending on what you did.
EDIT: I would watch out people have been starting the exact same topics as you have and it seems like admins get mad at people who make topics that have already been posted a billion times.

Edited by h2player116, 12 August 2008 - 12:44 AM.

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 12:44 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=12654&hl=

Try remodding your Longshot.

Do you have an extra Nitefinder spring? If so, put that in there, and also another O-ring.

You can try adding PETG to it (BPSO's mod), but you need to buy it from One Man Clan. Its only 50 cents a foot, and worth it. That will add more accuracy, but for power just take out the restrictors, and add springs.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:31 AM

THANK YOU!
For following the Code of Conduct.

Now I would suggest you go through Nerf haven's lovely Directory of Mods

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150

and find a mod that suits you. Now if you are up for spending some cash, I would suggest getting a BBB (Big Bad Bow) and mod that. I would suggest doing the CPVC coupler mod with a speedloader. That definately packs quite a punch and is not too difficult to do.

http://nerfhaven.com...hl=big bad sexy

Hope that helps, and welcome.

Edited by CAPS, 12 August 2008 - 01:34 AM.

It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 06:49 PM

Well, there's now no need to post a link to the mod directory, CAPS beat me. But another great starter gun with a lot of power is the Buzz Bee Toys Big Blast. It is usually only 8 bucks, EXTREMELY easy to mod, and gets around 150 feet with a coupler and a new barrel. And stock, it shoots missles! Another good one, like CAPS said, is the Big Bad Bow. It is 20 Dollars, and is only available at Target stores. The last one I would reccomend is the Airtech 3000, or the Airtech 2000. They are pretty hard to come by in stores, but you can buy them from nerfhaven members relatively easily. The Airtech 2000 is very easy to mod, if you just put one single barrel on it. It gets around 80-90 feet, and is just bigger than a nitefinder!
The Airtech 3000 is a little trickier though. The internals are quite complicated, so you have to be very wary if you are going to mod it for durability. You should probably try that after a couple more mods. I hope I have provided some information for you.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 themuffinman

themuffinman

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:43 PM

THANK YOU!
For following the Code of Conduct.

Now I would suggest you go through Nerf haven's lovely Directory of Mods

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7150

and find a mod that suits you. Now if you are up for spending some cash, I would suggest getting a BBB (Big Bad Bow) and mod that. I would suggest doing the CPVC coupler mod with a speedloader. That definately packs quite a punch and is not too difficult to do.

http://nerfhaven.com...hl=big bad sexy

Hope that helps, and welcome.

Thanks!! I have a question though, I modded my Longshot by taking the AirRestrictors, and locks out. The problem is that I've never done a barrel replacement before. What gun should start out with and what material?
I'm new!

#7 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

I second the Big Bad Bow.

Great value for 20 bucks. I have brassed mine and it is now my primary.
It is a truly amazing gun.

I reccomend the big bad sexy mod as well, its very simple.

Welcome,

Nova
I need a life..

#8 themuffinman

themuffinman

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:20 AM

What is the next eaisest mod to do after taking the AR and locks out?
I'm new!

#9 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:00 AM

Or, instead of making your own topic, you could've looked through the numerous other ones that told you the BigBadBow and the Big Blast are very simple to mod.
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#10 skatah

skatah

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:12 PM

I would go with trhe mega missle or big blast.All you have to do to mod them is open the up and saw right below the holes on the barrel.
How the world ends: Hasbro stops making nerf guns.
WARNING - THIS IS GETTING BRUTELY ANNOYING

#11 Exal

Exal

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

You can't go wrong with a nitefinder. It's $6 at Target and Walmart, $8 at Toys"R"Us i beleive. Even if you screw it up , its only around $6. Also, the air restrictor removal is extremely easy, in my opinion. Hope this helped! :lol:
QUOTE(nerfer9 @ Jun 21 2008, 10:05 PM) View Post

All he's got to do is roll it around in his fingers to start it getting hard and put in in the hole.

#12 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

Big Blast. 10 dollars, cheap and easy to mod, really good ranges and fun to use. What more could you want?
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users