Clans

NerfHaven clan directory

17 replies to this topic

#1 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

I was wondering if there is a clan directory. I did search but could not find anything. If the admins think it is a good idea I will try to make a clan directory. My idea is to make a list of clan organized by states and counties. Then list the leader and soldiers in the clan (if on NerfHaven). This would make it much easier to organize clan wars and also help members find other clans in their areas. Also if someone in a clan nearby drops out we can say their is a vacancy in the member list. If the admins say Yes it is a good idea, i will start ASAP. So if I can start the directory PM me with the leader, area, and soldiers (only include NerfHaven Members in the PM) and i will put it in the directory. Thanks

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 11 August 2008 - 08:53 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#2 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • State:Oregon

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:58 PM

I was wondering if there is a clan directory. I did search but could not find anything. If the admins think it is a good idea I will try to make a clan directory. My idea is to make a list of clan organized by states and counties. Then list the leader and soldiers in the clan (if on NerfHaven). This would make it much easier to organize clan wars and also help members find other clans in their areas. Also if someone in a clan nearby drops out we can say their is a vacancy in the member list. If the admins say Yes it is a good idea, i will start ASAP. So if I can start the directory PM me with the leader, area, and soldiers (only include NerfHaven Members in the PM) and i will put it in the directory. Thanks

IMO,It doesn't sound like a good idea,Too much work for what little use it will/could be.
But then again its also very creative. :(
:ph34r: I have mixed feelings about this, But then again I'm not an admin.
Red Star's Big Rad Bow W/ Red Star Breech
The Red Star Breech

Xbox Live- IS2DI RedStar Add me if your up for some games

#3 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts
  • State:Arizona

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

Clans are bullshit, there are only two that can really be considered true "clans," the LCM and Horsemen.

Most people that claim to have clans and have wars with other clans should be playing airsoft, not nerf. People move and get out of the hobby and lose touch with one another so it's difficult to actually keep a group of kids playing with plastic guns organized. Good idea in theory, but it doesn't really work in real life.
SexD Warves

#4 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 12 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

Clans are bullshit, there are only two that can really be considered true "clans," the LCM and Horsemen.

And even they erode with time. It saddens me to say that NerfMonkey's statements are accurate in today's NIC. Clans are few and far between. Unfortunatly, internet communities have slowly replaced the clans that once taught nerfers how to organise and train themselves.

Wit that in mind, I'm not sure I see the utility of a clan tracker. We have several nerfer directories, and Langley is building a brand new one based on NerfHaven user profiles. Creating a clan directory would be fairly redundant, and less complete. Perhaps you should, instead, speak with Langly about including clan information in his nerfer directory.

VACC
~War of the Horsemen~

#5 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • State:Georgia

Posted 12 August 2008 - 03:52 PM

I searched clan directory and found this. However, it is not up-to-date on all of the new clans seeing as it hasn't been active for 2 years. As for clans, I think they have some purpose if they get out and nerf. However, when it is just a bunch of people who sit at home all day forming a clan and discussing the hierarchy over IM, then it is rather pointless. Even if you aren't in a clan, You still represent either East-coast or West-coast.

-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 12 August 2008 - 03:53 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#6 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

I meant a NEW directory. That one is over 2 years old. Although now since VACC does not think it is a good idea, The idea is not going to happen so stop posting here

Edited by TheNerfLoki, 12 August 2008 - 05:04 PM.

Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#7 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:17 AM

The Nerfer Locator may, at some point in the future, have a clan directory if there is some demand for it. It's on my list of potential features, but it's pretty far down on the list in terms of utility.

When I came to Apoc this year there were lots of groups that arrived together, but none of them were called 'clans'. The closest thing we had to a clan were the canadians, but they were more about emulating us east coast nerfers' traveling clothes than actually having any sort of team mentality. And if clans are an entirely regional thing, then there's no reason to include them in a database that already breaks everything down by location.

Edit: There is something to be said for clans as a way to keep track of nerfers who are allergic to the internet. There's always at least one guy who comes around for all of the nerf wars but doesn't have any interest whatsoever in going on the boards. Setting up some kind of clan registry for that reason may not be a bad idea.

Edited by Langley, 15 August 2008 - 10:25 AM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#8 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

:lol:

Even if you aren't in a clan, You still represent either East-coast or West-coast.

-A side of nerf

I resent that remark sir! I represent neither the East Coast nor the West Coast! I am proud to represent the Nerfers of the greater Midwest - as few of us as there may be. The nearest salt water is so far away it seems to us but a myth. We sail seas of corn here, and our lobster lives in a tank at Meijer!

Corn-fed Nerfers unite! For the Midwest!!!!

Edited by Ambience 327, 15 August 2008 - 11:58 AM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#9 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:31 PM

Edit: There is something to be said for clans as a way to keep track of nerfers who are allergic to the internet. There's always at least one guy who comes around for all of the nerf wars but doesn't have any interest whatsoever in going on the boards. Setting up some kind of clan registry for that reason may not be a bad idea.

Couldn't that purpose be served equally well by a nerfer database rather than a clan database? Considering most of the non-forum guys that show up to wars are loners and not in "clans."

Also, Ambience, I consider myself an east coast nerfer because I attend wars with lots of true east coast nerfers. If you got your ass out here to a DCNO or Ohio war you'd be a true East Coast Motherfucker.
SexD Warves

#10 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • State:Indiana

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

Heh - maybe I would if I didn't have to cross one of the widest freakin' states in the country to get out that way! What's the deal with Ohio's girth anyway?! :D

I hope to start attending some local events sometime in the near future, but fundage and a 2nd child on the way are two enormous obstacles to anything outside of a very small range for the near future. Maybe someday, when I get my ducks in a row, I'll be able to take a trip out that direction and see what all the fuss is about. By that time, maybe I'll have even finished one or two of the special projects I've got going on. Then you can all feel the fury of this 30-year-old corn-fed Midwestern Nerfer! Or watch me huff and puff from the exertion, whichever comes first. :mellow:
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#11 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts
  • State:New York

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

Commonly known fact: Ohio is not on the east coast.

#12 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,994 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

I think the Midwest is sort of like 'South Jersey'. No one wants to admit they live there unless they live in Cape May, so they come up with these crazy-assed regions like 'central jersey' and 'philly burbs'(Great Lakes Region, etc), or they claim to be from North Jersey when they live south of mile-100 on the GSP.

Edited by Langley, 20 August 2008 - 10:46 AM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

The only clan that exists and does anything at all is One Man Clan. And he's not accepting applications.

If you put OMC, Me, Groove, VACC, and Famine on the same team we do not become a clan. We instead become either Voltron, or "FLAVA FLAV!".

Edited by CaptainSlug, 18 August 2008 - 03:37 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#14 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

Slug, I've been looking for a new signature. Thank you for that.
I hate you.

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:52 PM

And you giving people piggy-back rides doesn't count either.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#16 venom213

venom213

• Members
  • 1,294 posts
  • State:Minnesota

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

I resent that remark sir! I represent neither the East Coast nor the West Coast! I am proud to represent the Nerfers of the greater Midwest - as few of us as there may be. The nearest salt water is so far away it seems to us but a myth. We sail seas of corn here, and our lobster lives in a tank at Meijer!

Corn-fed Nerfers unite! For the Midwest!!!!

I actually think the mid-west is sizing up as a nerfing region. We have had fairly consistent wars here in MN for the past 2 years, I think a fair amount in Ohio as well. Due to the influx of non college goers like myself, NerfCrazy, and Bustaninja, we have been able to keep the wars alive even when the older vets are away.

As far as clans go, my clan has stuck together fairly well. Considering we won't be going to college or anything all that soon, it will probably stay that way. The thing is though, only 2 other members have been to wars. Also, only one other member mods, let alone has a decent amount of guns.

#17 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 05:34 PM

Add one more clan to the list of mid-west nerfers. The Angry Aardvark Clan has just formed out of Rockford, Illinois. Wassup NIC?
"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#18 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 01:05 PM

Commonly known fact: Ohio is not on the east coast.

It is too. I can be on the beach in 6 hours.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users