Painting Tips?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • State:Oregon

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

EDIT: I did many searches and didn't find any help,Even though It's possible if I Missed it.(First Topic for my account Yay! :P )

Hey everyone, After recently finishing painting all my guns I decided to paint one of my several Nightfinders Gold and Silver.(Sounds easy enough)
So heres what I came out with:
Posted Image
Not so good on the Gold/Bronze part. and as you can probably see, the places where I used tape are very noticeable, Any ideas how I can make it better? :rolleyes: Any help is welcome.

P.S. Also I was wondering if there was a way I could paint Silver and Gold on to the little "Bumps" on the bottom of my clips?
Posted Image

Once again Thank you.

-Red

Edited by Red Star, 11 August 2008 - 04:31 PM.

Red Star's Big Rad Bow W/ Red Star Breech
The Red Star Breech

Xbox Live- IS2DI RedStar Add me if your up for some games

#2 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:20 PM

i don't paint my guns, but i have painted other things. what did you paint with, spray paint? you might be able to get a paintbrush in the screw holes. i would try and put double layers of tape down and press them down hard on it.
nice paintjob.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#3 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:26 PM

Heh, Yea I drove down to Wal-mart for Red and Black but when I saw Silver and Gold I knew I had to get them.(Didn't know you had to be 18,Lucky for me though)
Also,I have no experience with a paint brush, the closest experience I have with one is 8th Grade art class.
Oh, could anyone give me a tip for what to "highlight" on my silver longshot,It looks good as is,but I'd like some Gold some where on it besides the Stock.
Here is my longshot for reference.
Posted Image

-Red
The Red Star Breech

#4 Nova

Nova

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:57 PM

Go ahead and use a brush, pick up some warhammer or modelmaster paint and get a very thin brush for detail and a medioum one for painting. A thick brush is hard to use.......for me.

Detail work is easier on the LS and the Nstrike line. They have little ridges for the paint to flow down.
Go for it. If you screw up just spray over it.

Nova
I need a life..

#5 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:03 PM

Well, I think you kept the gun together while you paited. What you want to do is unscrew it, and take out the internals, and paint the shell. And when making accents, use blue painters tape, available at most places like Lowes, or the Home Depot. And for the accent color, make that the base color first. Then, take a box knife, or an exacto knife and cut the excess tape off. You will get a lot cleaner PJ's. And don't use masking tape, paint bleeds through it. But for the directions I just gave ya, spray paint is best. I have never used it, but I hear that Warhammer paint is good.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#6 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

Well, I think you kept the gun together while you paited. What you want to do is unscrew it, and take out the internals, and paint the shell. And when making accents, use blue painters tape, available at most places like Lowes, or the Home Depot. And for the accent color, make that the base color first. Then, take a box knife, or an exacto knife and cut the excess tape off. You will get a lot cleaner PJ's. And don't use masking tape, paint bleeds through it. But for the directions I just gave ya, spray paint is best. I have never used it, but I hear that Warhammer paint is good.

Thanks, For the night finder I opened and painted the shell and some of the internals(Hence the Gold tube in the gun) I didn't have any other tape on me at the time I just used Scotch tape :rolleyes:

Thanks again.

-Red

(Well I'm off to go try and coupler my BBBB-OfAllTheNerf Style , Wish me luck)

Edited by Red Star, 11 August 2008 - 05:08 PM.

The Red Star Breech

#7 nerfsharpie6

nerfsharpie6

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:35 PM

Looks good! Everything looks good. Not bad for your first try. For detailing I use the dry brush technique.

Nerfx Artisans Guild
I am the only one that posts techniques in it. BTW I'm eagle_1 on the other forums.

Try dry brushing. Google around a bit and see what you can find.
We hang our flags and banners of victory off of your dead bodies.

#8 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

Looks good! Everything looks good. Not bad for your first try. For detailing I use the dry brush technique.

Nerfx Artisans Guild
I am the only one that posts techniques in it. BTW I'm eagle_1 on the other forums.

Try dry brushing. Google around a bit and see what you can find.

:( Yea,I heard about dry brushing. I might give it a shot,but I'm not looking forward to it. :P
And again, Thanks for everyone who posted helping me out.
But now, :ph34r: What color to paint the highlights. ^_^
The Red Star Breech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users