Pvc Scout

Try it yourself. My O-ring is lost

3 replies to this topic

#1 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:43 PM

So, I found my Scout EX-3 the other day in my closet, alone, dissected, and abandoned. After pulling it from it's shallow grave, I began to work on it. My O-ring is lost however, so I have no idea what ranges are. Someone with an O-ring please do this mod and tell me how it turns out.
Alright, enough talk. Lets Rock.

Step One: After opening it, take out the plunger and catch assemblies. Then you should see a nub on the end of one of the lines of plastic where the spring normally is.(This nub is on BOTH SIDES!) Like this: Posted Image
Step Two: Sand this small nub away. Make sure you get the nub on the other side as well. When you are done, it should look like this: Posted Image
Step Three: Take a crayola marker and cut off about an inch from the tip of the writing end. Keep this. Throw the rest away. Wrap the narrowed end in a few layers of electrical tape. Like this: Posted Image
Step Four: Wrap the other end of your marker piece in a few layers of E-tape as well. Then, take your piece of marker, put a little glue of your choice on the flat end, and shove it into the end of a three inch piece of PVC pipe. It should be snug but the electrical tape should not be deforming when you push the marker in. It should look like this: Posted Image
Step Five: Take the barrel piece from the scout and apply a little glue to the inside edge. Take your PVC/marker piece and push it inside of the stock barrel. It should look like this: Posted Image
Step Six: Run a bead of hot glue around the joint. IMPORTANT: Nest your stock spring inside a Maverick spring before replacing putting everything back in place. Then wrap a layer or two of e-tape around it for security. Screw it all together and it should look like this:Posted Image

Now you're done and it should be shooting better than ever assuming I'm right. Questions, Comments, anything you want to say?
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#2 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

nice mod. to replace the O-ring you could try using a small rubber band. But that doesn't always work. or you could either use one from an old gun, or see if you have any in your garage or shed. There could be some just laying around, they're not only found in nerf guns.
"His chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this level of rock n' roll!"

#3 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

Have you actually tested ranges, or are you still missing your o-ring? I highly doubt that thing will shoot very far, mainly because of the insanely low air capacity and power of the scout. You're just making the space between the plunger chamber and barrel bigger...

Anyways, creative to say the least. I would recommend just doing a normal barrel replacement (or my scout mod, which I still think to be the best I've seen :o) if you want to shoot stefans.... or stock darts, since the barrel doesn't need to be longer than 3 inches.

Interesting job,

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#4 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:53 PM

napa, autozone, advance autoparts, pepboys ect..... take your pieces in and get a new oring... they all carry large assortments of orings
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users