Photo

Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog

12 replies to this topic

#1 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

I usually try not to start new topics, but I haven't seen anything about this here, and I think there'll be some appreciation for it. Without further ado I present Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Enjoy.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#2 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

I usually try not to start new topics, but I haven't seen anything about this here, and I think there'll be some appreciation for it. Without further ado I present Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog Enjoy.

I'm a huge fan of this, Bought it on itunes and watched it when it came out.

It's kinda old news now... but it's still rad.

The Details: Neil Patrick Harris Stars as Dr. Horrible, in a New Musical Web series by Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy. Dr. Horrible is an aspiring supervillan who wants to conquer the world so he can ask out the girl of his dreams. A very unique story, I highly recommend it.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#3 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

I realize it's old news, I was kinda waiting for someone more important than me to post it. That never happened, so i finally decided to post it. The most frustrating thing about this movie is that it's hard to sing along without a few people with you. They have so many counterpoint parts, it's incredible.

#4 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:23 PM

Definitely one of the best online Comedy/Drama/Musicals of our time. Hilarious. There has been a rumor going around that due to its popularity it will be released on DVD with behind the seen features with interviews from the cast and crew.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#5 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

"The hammer...is my penis."

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#6 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

Yeah, as a Firefly fan, I was highly amused by Nathan Fillon having WAY too much fun being a prick.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#7 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:16 PM

Dr. Horrible:
YOU IDIOT!

Captain Hammer:
Dr. Horrible. I should have known you were behind this.

Dr. Horrible:
You almost killed her

Captain Hammer:
I remember it differently.

Dr. Horrible:
Is she? *urgh*

Captain Hammer:
Its curtains for you Dr. Horrible. Lacy, gently wafting curtains.

Good times... goooooooooooood times. It's great when the super heroes know their household items isn't it? I was just surprised (and happily at that) they didn't show Nathan Fillon's ass 10 times like they did in Firefly.

Edited by Poseidon, 16 August 2008 - 03:18 PM.

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

#8 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:26 PM

I was actually pretty impressed by Nathan Fillion's chutzpah in that regard; it takes serious confidence to be frequently nude with the intention of provoking laughter.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#9 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

Definitely one of the best online Comedy/Drama/Musicals of our time. Hilarious. There has been a rumor going around that due to its popularity it will be released on DVD with behind the seen features with interviews from the cast and crew.

It's not a rumor... They've been Openly Stating it on all the Official DR. Horrible sites. They're also releasing a Soundtrack!!!!!!!!!!! can't freaking wait.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#10 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

I frequently get angry that I don't have people around to sing the counterpoints with me. Only singing one part of the song doesn't really do it justice.

#11 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 07:54 PM

I have the opposite problem. I prefer to listen to the professionals and not myself. And, go figure, I'm normally watching it with like 5 other people. Plus, I think the Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog is more an amusing name than an actual suggestion.
-Martin Luther

#12 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

Honestly, if you DON'T have the urge to sing along with this, you're probably dead inside. Hate to break it to ya. ~Rork

#13 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:37 AM

One might have the urge but lack of one's ahem* singing abilities my discourage. But I agree, the lyrics are very catchy for a couple of directors with no song writing experience.
-Martin Luther

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users