gimme some battle tactics for 3 people

15 replies to this topic

#1 Big-Z

Big-Z

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:08 AM

i need war tactics.
I am tired of just surrounding a team of 5.
it is usually 5 on 3 im on the team with 3 people.

here is a list of my guns if it helps.

Nerf Firefly
Nerf Longshot
2 nerf crossfire dart tag guns
buzzbee tek rapid fire blaster
first gen night finder
2nd gen night finder(air retictor removed no laser either)
Nerf Maverick

add ons:
scope
tactical light
reload pack

please we're always out numbered and need something that works good.

do not give the flanking manuever or the zulu go code cuz i already know those ones.

#2 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

Wait...5 on 3? Why don't you just play 4 on 4?

You have some fairly reliable guns (LS, NFs). Maybe you should invest some time in modding your guns more; it would give you more capability on the field.
However, it all comes down to how you play. Takes a little practice to become efficient with a given gun, and different guns play differently. You just have to figure out what works for you.

I'll give you these very basic tips (none of that complicated squad manuevering stuff) that have helped me. These are the meat and potatoes of a good nerfer, in my opinion.
-Communicate, you have teammates for a reason, they can help you and you can help them.
-Pay attention (watch your backside and flanks)
-Aim then shoot, don't spray your ammo uselessly everywhere. Just take a sec to aim first, you'll score more hits that way.
-Move, don't become a sitting duck. Use cover and change positions often to avoid being pindown.

Oh, and by the way, please use capitalization and fix your grammar. A little bit goes a long way. Welcome to the Haven! :)

Edited by Shadowblade, 10 August 2008 - 08:21 AM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#3 jackster57

jackster57

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:13 AM

Okay, Here are some tactics for you!

Tactic #1 - Fix your grammar before I shove your mav up your @$$. But seriously , it hurts my eyes to read.

Tactic #2 - Tactics are sorta non-existant in nerf. Just get out there with some friends and find what works for you. Every ones playing style is different.

Welcome to the Haven. :)

Edited by jackster57, 10 August 2008 - 06:06 PM.

#4 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:27 AM

The more intricate a plan, the more things can go wrong. Stay mobile and be unpredictable.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#5 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

What arena do you play in? That is very important information. A well coordinated team can easily hold off a larger team in an indoor environment, it becomes much trickier outdoors.

#6 Big-Z

Big-Z

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

What arena do you play in? That is very important information. A well coordinated team can easily hold off a larger team in an indoor environment, it becomes much trickier outdoors.

I play in an outdoors area.

keep in mind I am playing against 5, 7 year olds who carry pictures of eachother in their pockets, they will never play 4 on 4.

p.s. sorry i for got about the no aim writing rule.

Tactic #1 - Fix your grammar before I shove your mav up your @$$. But seriuosly , it hurts my eyes to read.

Tactic #2 - Tactics are sorta non-existant in nerf. Just get out there with some friends and find what works for you. Every ones playing style is different.

Welsome to the Haven. :D

Try spelling welcome correctly before you criticise my writing.

#7 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:22 PM

keep in mind I am playing against 5, 7 year olds who carry pictures of eachother in their pockets, they will never play 4 on 4.

Tactic #1 - Fix your grammar before I shove your mav up your @$$. But seriuosly , it hurts my eyes to read.

Welsome to the Haven. :D

He's trying to help you out and keep you from being banned. Pointing out what was most likely a typo isn't going to get you in good graces here, especially when someone is trying to help you out.

Don't be an ass, and don't criticize someone's spelling when you don't spell something right yourself.

Welsome to the Haven. :3
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#8 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:29 PM

If the kids you are playing with are 5-7, how hard could it be to beat them? Just pretend you're out of ammo and announce it nice and loud (when your gun is really fully loaded), and they'll probably fall for it and try to get you, then you own them when they let their guard down thinking you have no ammo.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#9 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

Or you could just run up and shoot them. Wait is that too complicated?
Truce.

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:40 PM

i need war tactics.

You worry about being outnumbered by a team of 7 year olds.

Please explain.

No, don't .

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

i need war tactics.

Please explain.

No, don't .

-Piney-

Eh, my girlfriend's 10 year old brother always begs us to have fights with his group of kneebiting nerf warriors, so i'm not going to pass judgment.

Now, i'm assuming your friends are at least your age and will listen to you (if they're that young as well, you have a problem, because all kids that age wanna do is bum rush) I would suggest the following:

You have to minimize the directions they can come at you from. I would suggest positioning yourselves at a gate (for instance, from back yard to front yard) or behind a large object (like a shed) to accomplish this. Make sure to have at least one person watching each direction, because a single undetected opponent with even a maverick can do alot of damage very quickly. You'll want a balance between repeaters, such as the longshot and firefly, and more accurate, slower ROF but quickly reloading guns, such as crossfires and nitefinders. You'll also want to minimize your exposed surface area by taking cover or establishing a barricade (this is easier than it sounds, patio chairs are fine for this Don't stack them lest one of the kneeebiters knocks them over and gets hurt). So, essentially, find the section of your battlefield with the least areas of approach, fortify it, and wait for them to come to you.

#12 Big-Z

Big-Z

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:52 PM

If the kids you are playing with are 5-7, how hard could it be to beat them? Just pretend you're out of ammo and announce it nice and loud (when your gun is really fully loaded), and they'll probably fall for it and try to get you, then you own them when they let their guard down thinking you have no ammo.

I am playing against five 7 year olds.

i need war tactics.

Please explain.

No, don't .

oh i will,
they are evil and never seem to go away
we play on 2 properties so they can manuever better.

-Piney-

Welsome to the Haven. :huh:

He's trying to help you out and keep you from being banned. Pointing out what was most likely a typo isn't going to get you in good graces here, especially when someone is trying to help you out.

Don't be an ass, and don't criticize someone's spelling when you don't spell something right yourself.

Welsome to the Haven. :3

no because if he is gonna spell stuff wrong and tewlls me to check my spelling hes just being a hipocrit

#13 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

no because if he is gonna spell stuff wrong and tewlls me to check my spelling hes just being a hipocrit

Are you sure your not the seven year old? I will be suprised if you last another week here.

Edit- Tewlls? Was that on purpose? You have got helled back a couple times havent you.

Edited by Llama Boy, 10 August 2008 - 05:27 PM.

Truce.

#14 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:16 PM

Geez, these must be some pretty hardcore 7 yr olds, if you can get surrounded by them. Since we're dealing with unusual targets, I think Oni's advice on letting them come to you is a good idea.

And once again, I'm going to ask that you please watch spelling and grammar. I know I know, why do you care? right? I just looking out for the new people...
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#15 Red Star

Red Star

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:30 PM

:huh: Hmm, Surrounded by 5 7year olds?
Hit them on the top of the head with your gun. :D
Red Star's Big Rad Bow W/ Red Star Breech
The Red Star Breech

Xbox Live- IS2DI RedStar Add me if your up for some games

#16 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

Reading this thread almost nearly gave me an aneurysm. We're done here.
I hate you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users