It was bound to come up sooner or later

29 replies to this topic

#26 Evil

Evil

Fucking Copout

• Members
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:27 AM

I love film and I payed close attention to that in this movie. What they do a lot of is either have a bunch of characters who are the same height together, like the Hobbits, or when they have different sized characters they have stand ins. Only until you have conversation do you see their faces and that's when the camera uses close ups and whatnot. It's done seemlessly so I can't complain. And yes, "That still only counts as one" was one of the best lines I've heard in a theater in a while.

(Holy shit do I wanna see the Punisher movie April 16, 2004)

(And yea, LOTR3 just about makes up for Matrix Revolutions) ^_^

Edited by Evil, 24 December 2003 - 10:31 AM.

2007 Great American GoreFest Champion (Aug. 4, Apoc)

#27 waspy

waspy

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:55 PM

Were those actors of the hobbits and Gimli just short ? or were the other actors tall ? or was there virtual shit done ?

All the actors were about the same height, the hobbit actors were slightly shorter. In fact, the actor that played Gimli was the tallest of all the actors in the fellowship, at 6'1''. There were tons of visual effects, with virtual shit, the use of midgets, and the use of a 7' tall guy. It's in the Fellowship of the Ring dvd.

Also if there was a scene let's say with Gandalf and Frodo, sometimes Gandalf would be standing closer to the camera than Frodo so it would seem that Gandalf is alot taller than Frodo.

Edited by waspy, 24 December 2003 - 01:56 PM.

GO CANUCKS WIN WIN WIN YOU GUYS BETTER WIN -me

#28 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 10:56 PM

And half the time the actor who was doing gimli was on his knees.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#29 cooldood31

cooldood31

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 07:26 PM

:lol: That is funny :lol:

#30 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 12:45 AM

Anyone ever notice gollum has old man titties?
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users