Photo

Easy (!) Ls Mod?

An easy mod that requires practacally nothing please.

33 replies to this topic

#1 Bradshaw

Bradshaw

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

I would love to get my longshot to shoot farther and be more accurate, but I look at all these mods, and being 13, feel uncappable. I have access to some tools, my dad's, but not too many. If anybody knows any mods, please share.

Edited by Bradshaw, 07 August 2008 - 08:59 PM.

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#2 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:00 PM

Easy (!) Ls Mod, An easy mod that requires practacally nothing

Unpossibibble.
It's truly impossible to mod the LS with nothing short of a dremel, CPVC, and an adhesive of some sort.
Also being 13 is not an excuse, just today I finished a titan pistol and am starting on a semi-auto 2k, always try, if you don't reach for the ledge you don't know is there you'll fall, and you damn well better get back up if you do.

Edited by angelof_DEATH182, 07 August 2008 - 09:01 PM.

#3 Bradshaw

Bradshaw

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

Unpossibibble.
It's truly impossible to mod the LS with nothing short of a dremel, CPVC, and an adhesive of some sort.
Also being 13 is not an excuse, just today I finished a titan pistol and am starting on a semi-auto 2k, always try, if you don't reach for the ledge you don't know is there you'll fall, and you damn well better get back up if you do.

Thank you, my parents would object to me using a dremel, even though my father has one. Also they object to me even having nerf guns, I only have three. And finally, I can't drive some where to buy parts or machine them myself.

#4 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

Unpossibibble.

Thank you, my parents would object to me using a dremel, even though my father has one. Also they object to me even having nerf guns, I only have three. And finally, I can't drive some where to buy parts or machine them myself.

Uhm, you don't need to buy or machine "Parts", CPVC is tubing mostly used for water piping, good for stock darts.
Also, tell them you'll always always wear gloves and safety glasses.
and never ever ask them for anything 'til you're sure they're in a really good mood.

#5 Bradshaw

Bradshaw

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

Unpossibibble.

Uhm, you don't need to buy or machine "Parts", CPVC is tubing mostly used for water piping, good for stock darts.
Also, tell them you'll always always wear gloves and safety glasses.
and never ever ask them for anything 'til you're sure they're in a really good mood.

Well, I would not be able to get my hands on CPVC, I know what it is. I do not understand how I could get it. Well, even if I did tell my parents, they would let me use the dremel, but not to mod a nerf gun. Once they find out, I would get my nerf privlegess revoked (THAT WOULD SUCK!) and I wouldn't get to mod my LS.

#6 TheNerfLoki

TheNerfLoki

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

I would love to get my longshot to shoot farther and be more accurate, but I look at all these mods, and being 13, feel uncappable. I have access to some tools, my dad's, but not too many. If anybody knows any mods, please share.

Take out the AR by
1. open it up
2 remove the punger
3 grab some pliers and yank out the the black part
4 take out the inner circle
5 get rid of the AR and the rod. Not the center bar
6 reassemble by putting the black part in the small orange tube then slide the lager tube on it
Am I the only one who uses the sig function for a sig?
TNL,

#7 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

Your best bet for a mod would be to return it to the store and head to Target and pick up a BBB. WAY more simple to mod.
I hate you.

#8 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:32 PM

Your best bet for a mod would be to return it to the store and head to Target and pick up a BBB. WAY more simple to mod.

Amen brotha' :P
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#9 Bradshaw

Bradshaw

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

First off, what is a BBB, and next, Poor Partless Bradshaw might have found himself a mod. I wanted you guys to ok it.

I still have the front of my LS. I was going to take a page out of Uin13's book and make a fore grip mod. I would make it by cutting the front barrel of the LS into 2 3-4" pieces and glue them to the sides of the LS as stabalizers. Then use crayola markers to slide in and out and I will attach them with duct tape. The markers don't slide "heavenly" because they are a bit loose, but I will surround the whole marker assembly in duct tape until it slides well. Then I will attach the front fore grip from the LS's mini front gun to my Ls and have a CHEAP foregrip mod.

You like the idea?

#10 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:12 PM

well the easiet mod you can do is double up the spring. this will make it shoot double what it shoots out of the box. all you have to do is to go to a local hardware store and buy a spring for about $1. unscrew the longshot unscrew the plunger tube and put it inside of the original longshot spring. eventually if you feel like spending the money put either a nitefinder spring in or even better a big bad bow spring in. put it all back together and now your gun should shoot 50-60 ft. you might also want to consider removing the air restrictor.
good luck

ps. BBB stand for Big Bad Bow. and the marker idea would be a good idea if you follow uin13's mod closely. also you might want to consider painting if you do the marker mod so it dosent look trashy.

Edited by Vistagecko, 07 August 2008 - 10:17 PM.

QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#11 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:20 PM

First off, what is a BBB, and next, Poor Partless Bradshaw might have found himself a mod. I wanted you guys to ok it.

The BBB is the Big Bad Bow. You'll find info on it here: http://nerfhq.com/wi...le=Blaster_List Might as well bookmark that site while you are at it.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#12 TheNERFArmageddon

TheNERFArmageddon

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

Modding the Longshot is almost never easy.

Nerf has wised up too much and doesn't want anyone to remove their AR's. I definitely agree with other posters that adding more springs is a good way to go. Much beyond that requires too much time, tools, and talent. I am amidst the process of making my Longshot entirely brass (or at least the firing mechanisms) and it has been frustrating to say the least.

For short, I wouldn;t get too ambitious at this point. Later on, with more experience, you'll find that it's a fun gun to mod.
If at first you don't succeed,
Don't try skydiving.

--Warren Miller

#13 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:34 PM

TheNERFArmageddon- The LS is fairly easy, but only if you know what you are doing.

angelof_DEATH182- Unimpossible? I think you mean not impossible.

Bradshaw- Do you have a bike or any money? If so, you can ride it to a store and buy things with your own money. It is what I do.

I wrote this for someone else a while ago, so I don't know if it will help you. I was feeling very helpful that day. Unfortunately, I am not today.

Note- This is not mine. I took parts of Captain Slug and Carrtoon's toutorials and patched them together with my words. If you are either of them and have a problem with this, please notify me and I will remove it.

To remove the air-restrictors, unscrew the back of the plunger tube and pull the insides out. (light purple in this picture) http://www.captainsl...ls_inside_3.jpg

Pull out the spring. http://i46.photobuck...3/Carr2n/I3.jpg

Push the bolt back into open position so that the barrel(where the dart goes) is close to you inside the plunger tube. You will see this. http://i46.photobuck...Carr2n/I2-1.jpg

Now, I'll let Carrtoon explain the rest

When you look inside, you'll see the restrictor with three prongs jutting out of the center of it. You need to cut out only the center, like you would do with an NF restrictor. Cut out the back until the center of the restrictor is flush with the walls. The way I did it was by using a buzz saw bit on my dremel. You can probably drill it out, but I don't recommend it. Once the back is cut out out, you will see the restrictor spring. Take that out. Next comes the restrictor. It has a + on the back of it like all of the other restrictors. I was able to get ahold of that with a leatherman and pull the restrictor out. This should be very easy if you dremeled right. Here's the finished gutted plunger tube from the back:
http://i46.photobuck...Carr2n/I2-1.jpg
Then, either put it back together, or put a stronger spring in.

To do this, take this peice again. http://i46.photobuck...3/Carr2n/I3.jpg
On the front, on the middle of the circular part, there is a silver screw. Unscrew it, and pull the circular piece off. Now is where the NF spring comes in. The NiteFinder is a readily available, cheap nerf pistol. To use a NF, or Nitefinder spring in a longshot, you must open a nitefinder, remove the spring--thereby rendering the NF useless--and place it on the pole the lonshot spring is also on. With both springs on, Screw the circular piece back on and reassemble your longshot.

Edited by Qui'lan Fett, 07 August 2008 - 11:37 PM.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#14 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:41 AM

There's no getting around the fact that you'll have to open the thing up. If you want something fairly easy with ok ranges then I'd stick to the Ar removal/nitefinder spring addition as suggested by others. You could look into making your LS into a carbine so you won't have to mess around with finding suitable barrel material.

#15 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:39 AM

This might work.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 08 August 2008 - 07:44 AM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#16 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

Well, I would not be able to get my hands on CPVC, I know what it is. I do not understand how I could get it. Well, even if I did tell my parents, they would let me use the dremel, but not to mod a nerf gun. Once they find out, I would get my nerf privlegess revoked (THAT WOULD SUCK!) and I wouldn't get to mod my LS.

Well for starters you do not need to be 18 to buy CPVC or anything. It's not alcohol or crack, why wouldn't they let you do it? What is so hard to understand? I'm 14 and often go to my local hardware store to buy 1/2" PVC and couplers. Really all you need to do is take it to a cutting station and cut it down so it fits in a bag (I would recommend 1' sections). After, just ride your bicycle home and get to work, it's really not that hard.

Since you're new to the whole modding scene, I'd say just stay away from the LS. It's WAY too complicated for a newbie. After modding for a year or so and making your way around you will realize that the Longshot isn't that bad to mod. Maybe, just MAYBE, do a Carbine mod. Even with ARs the range increases and you can just say it's purely cosmetic.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#17 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:06 AM

Well if this is your first mod I would advise keeping that LS in a bullet proof case for safety reasons. I tried to mod a LS when I was new and killed it. Buy a night finder, or if you want to scare your parents try this.
Truce.

#18 Bradshaw

Bradshaw

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:45 AM

Bradshaw- Do you have a bike or any money? If so, you can ride it to a store and buy things with your own money. It is what I do.

My mother won't let me ride into another town to go to the hard ware store, so no, I can't.

I have a modded night finder and I have modded my friends, so I'm not quite new to modding.

Edited by Bradshaw, 20 August 2008 - 12:09 PM.

#19 Llama Boy

Llama Boy

• Banned
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

Well then sit down with your parents and talk to them about nerf. Tell them that its safer than airsoft and paintball and that it is something that you really want to do. Then if that doesnt work, beg.
Truce.

#20 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:46 PM

Well then sit down with your parents and talk to them about nerf. Tell them that its safer than airsoft and paintball and that it is something that you really want to do. Then if that doesnt work, beg.

That's what I had to do with my parents basically to convince them that I wasn't going to be some mass murderer when I first started nerf. Anyways, Llama Boy is right, the Longshot is a particularly hard weapon to modify when you are first starting out. For example, I completely destroyed one and I haven't tried to mod a new one ever since. So, as OMC said, try the BBB (or Big Bad Bow as you have recently learned). Or, if you're really into clip guns, try out the Recon. It's not nearly as good as the Longshot, but it's really fun to use, due to the movable parts, and it is a whole lot easier to modify. Plus if you break it, it is a $20 loss compared to a $30 loss (or whatever the price is in your area...).

Edited by Poseidon, 08 August 2008 - 03:48 PM.

Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#21 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:36 PM

you don't need a power tool or pvc or anything like that. there is a simple (at least simple compared to other longshot mods) mod for a longshot thats not that hard to do. All i needed was a pair of pliers and a decent sized screw driver. Just go to youtube and look up how to take out the ARs. (i have one my self, and i can give you the link if you want me too.) and if you have an extra spring or O-ring they are no problem to add. But if you ever do need any modding supplies like brass or pvc and etc. just go to lowes or home depot or your nearest hardware store. But if you live in the middle of no where (like me) you could just see if you can find some cheap stuff on ebay, or if you are really desperate for it, buy it from a store online. But if your new to modding nerf guns I wouldn't start on the longshot just yet. Try something simpler like a nitefinder for example. If some one answered his question in the same way, then sorry for double posting because my computer is being weird and wont let me look at other people's posts.
"His chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this level of rock n' roll!"

#22 Bradshaw

Bradshaw

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:00 PM

That's what I had to do with my parents basically to convince them that I wasn't going to be some mass murderer when I first started nerf. Anyways, Llama Boy is right, the Longshot is a particularly hard weapon to modify when you are first starting out. For example, I completely destroyed one and I haven't tried to mod a new one ever since. So, as OMC said, try the BBB (or Big Bad Bow as you have recently learned). Or, if you're really into clip guns, try out the Recon. It's not nearly as good as the Longshot, but it's really fun to use, due to the movable parts, and it is a whole lot easier to modify. Plus if you break it, it is a $20 loss compared to a $30 loss (or whatever the price is in your area...).

Thank you, I'll try that when they are in a good mood. And I'll try to get my hands on a BBB.

#23 needak

needak

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

You should also point out that they have likely never been shot with a nerf gun, and that until they are, they are unable to judge whether it is safe or not.
Why the fuck would you put a bullet in someones head when you can just pump the bastard full of stefans until he's got so many welts and goose-eggs he looks like blueberry with pimples?

#24 rippen11

rippen11

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

my parents were the same way, but im a year older. i just did it and the eventually found out, but the weren't mad because they new i couldn't reverse what i did. i would just take it apart at nite and do a couple quick mods.

Who says i buy balls from a store?

Nightfinder

Why is your cat in your arsenal? Perhaps it shoots LASERS?!?!

Captain Slug

#25 Bradshaw

Bradshaw

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

my parents were the same way, but im a year older. i just did it and the eventually found out, but the weren't mad because they new i couldn't reverse what i did. i would just take it apart at nite and do a couple quick mods.

That is the way I work right now. They have no idea what I do with my nerf guns. They just saw my night finder which is covered in duct tape and they didn't ask me about it. They just probably won't let me buy materials for modifaction. I have to work with what I have (like recycling and plastics and duct tape).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users