My Bbb

inspired by nitewalkers bbb

5 replies to this topic

#1 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

So this is my new BBB mod it is essentially the same thing as nitewalkers but I used a different technique to build it.
Posted Image
While he cut the tube to an angle and glued it into a holder I used a grill and heated up the CPVC pipe and made it malleable and bent it to the desired shape in this case an "S" like shape. The trick to this is to get it hot enough to be bent but not so much that it begins to turn into a liquid, also you need to keep it from deforming the general roundness of the tube at the bends because it will flatten out slightly if it is forced to much to bend. You also need to be careful that parts you dont want to bend dont because if you heat it up all the heated parts will bend slightly

After you bend the pipe to the correct shape you will need to cut a hole in it for air input to be attached to. I used my dremal and just cut it out. I used some 1/2 inch PVC for a support for it so it would be straight. I used hot glue and glued it together and made it complete.
Posted Image
Posted Image

For the dart advancer I used a modified pump from a water rocket toy. Here is a picture of it http://www.spacetoys...FRW16-1.jpg.jpg . I simply attached the pump to a 1/2 inch cpvc endcap with a length of tubing. Posted Image

So it was a relativly simple build that I had been planning for quite some time but only have just now gotten around to it. There are still some issues with the advancing of the darts that need to be worked out but otherwise it works fine. No ranges as of yet but once I get it all fixed I will get them up.
Questions, comments?
-DTR

Edited by DTReaper, 07 August 2008 - 04:46 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

#2 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:49 PM

Edited by AJZ, 13 July 2014 - 06:05 PM.

#3 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:08 PM

I'm slightly confused. Do you put multiple darts in that tube on the side, or what?

How exactly does that function?
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#4 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:28 PM

That's pretty cool. it would be better if you could give it a breach too.

Ivan, the pump he added uses air to push a dart down the inline clip which is the piece sticking off the barrel.

Edited by bobafan, 07 August 2008 - 05:30 PM.

thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#5 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:32 PM

I think I understand how it works but I will leave it up to dtreaper to explain because he can explain it better than me. Anyways nice job I would personally just make an angel clip though.

#6 DTReaper

DTReaper

• Members
  • 309 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

Bobafan got it right on thats how it works. and yes you do put multiple darts in the tube on the side.

-DTR
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 5 2008, 12:09 AM) View Post

That's it. I'm done. I'm sorry there are breasts on the Internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users