Photo

Michigan Nerf (farmingtion Area)

25 replies to this topic

#1 Indy

Indy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

Im sad to see the one on the 30th canaled. Im still shooting for the 6th at rotary park, and another park i heard of near 7 mile and middle belt that has one of them wooden play sets fort thinges

Edited by Indy, 27 August 2008 - 02:25 AM.

#2 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 09:48 AM

I'd be interested in coming down and I may have a few people who might be able to come with me. The 15th-17th I'm unavalable but, other than that, looks good for weekends.
I believe Lefty and Uriel of HQ are in your area. You should shoot them a PM and see if they're in.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#3 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

I may be able to make it the 16th - 17th, or the next weekend (23rd - 24th.) Depends on my ride situation.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#4 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:10 PM

I couldmost likely come to a war. Almost any date is good for me (dont exactly have a busy schedule) and could most likely bring 3 or 4 people.

#5 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:21 PM

All those places are fine, but I say either Botsford, or Rotary. Rotary park is also closest, by like five minutes, and from Cleveland, that's five fewer minutes of sitting in a car. Also, its like half a gallon of gas, which we need to get out of Michigan and your high gas prices
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?

#6 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 05:43 PM

I could most likely go. and possibly bring one or two people.

There was also talk of an Ann Arbor war a month or so ago, but it never took off.

#7 LOMHawkeye

LOMHawkeye

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:21 PM

"Uriel" here...I'm leaving for the year in short order so odds are bad on me getting into a war. Lefty "southpaw" on here might be able to make it out with a few guys for a war. Somebody take charge, put forth a date and location.

#8 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

August 23-25 isn't going to work for me. Everything else seems fine. Lets give some descriptions of parks we may be able to Nerf at.

I just went and took a bunch of pictures at a park near me called Friendship Park. It has a ton of good places to Nerf; so if one place has people there or we get bored, we can go somewhere else. There's a Cold Stone(ice cream) and coffee shop right across the street. Also, there's a home depot, a hobby store to buy brass, and Great Lakes Crossing mall (bass pro shop = doomsayer) that I believe are all 10-15 minutes of the park. I'll start with the pictures and some descriptions.

EDIT: Address
3380 W Clarkston Rd
Lake Orion, MI 48362

Large pavilion. It's usually not in use, but sometimes people rent it out. Bathrooms in here.
Posted Image

Massive play structure. Almost always has people there, so probably wont be Nerfing on it.
Posted Image

Secondary parking lot. It's almost always empty. A little small, but lots of changes in elevation, piles of wood chips, and trails that go into a forest.
Posted Image

A pond that has a path going around it.
Posted Image

These are a bunch of areas with scattered trees. Second and third picture are right across from each other.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And I saved the best for last. 4 baseball fields connected to each other. A few small buildings, a small pavilion with picnic tables, some trees, and a huge chain link fortress.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by oodalumps, 13 August 2008 - 09:04 PM.

#9 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:00 PM

I'm loving the chain link fortress myself. We need to hammer out a time and place so people can know if they are available. So, if we could get all that worked out, this could be an awesome time.

#10 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

Weather.com says scattered thunder storms on the 16th and 17th, so I doubt that would work. How does Labor Day weekend sound for everybody?

#11 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:50 PM

I could most likely make it on labor day weekend. What is the address of the place (need to work out driving time). Also, what day labor day weekend?

#12 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 03:59 PM

I could most likely make it on labor day weekend. What is the address of the place (need to work out driving time). Also, what day labor day weekend?

3380 W Clarkston Rd
Lake Orion, MI 48362

Probably Saturday unless people can't make it that day.

#13 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:04 PM

Saturday works for me. I'll just have to see about everyone else I might be bringing to see if they're open on that day. I love how Indy started this topic and then oodalumps took over. Makes me laugh. At least the work is getting done.

#14 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:42 PM

I'd be fine with pretty much any weekend. Also, I'd still prefer one of the originally stated places. I don't like the thought of driving for 3 hours, when a park that could work is about 30 minutes closer. Whatever though, as long as my ride will agree to come.

#15 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 08:42 PM

I'd be fine with pretty much any weekend. Also, I'd still prefer one of the originally stated places. I don't like the thought of driving for 3 hours, when a park that could work is about 30 minutes closer. Whatever though, as long as my ride will agree to come.

The park I mentioned was just a suggestion. If more people would rather Nerf at the previously mentioned parks I'd be fine with it.

#16 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:43 PM

I don't really care where this goes down as long as it goes down. I'm itchin' to get out and nerf so, I don't care where it's done, so long as we do it.

#17 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

Hey hey. Good-lookin park. What's the address/road/whatever so I can figure out how far away it is?
Sup?

#18 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 11:59 PM

Hey hey. Good-lookin park. What's the address/road/whatever so I can figure out how far away it is?

3380 W Clarkston Rd
Lake Orion, MI 48362

#19 southpaw

southpaw

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

Lake Orion? Mehh. What happened to Farmington?
Sup?

#20 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:29 PM

Lake Orion? Mehh. What happened to Farmington?

I don't know. I just mentioned a park near me and everybody seemed OK with it. But like I said before: if people would rather Nerf someplace else, I'm fine with it.

#21 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:46 AM

Can we just hammer out a date and a place for this? I want to do this and soon. What difference is 20-30 miles?

#22 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:37 PM

Can we just hammer out a date and a place for this? I want to do this and soon. What difference is 20-30 miles?

Where: Friendship park
3380 W Clarkston Rd
Lake Orion, MI 48362

When: August 30th
10 AM ~ 6 PM

Should a new topic be posted because it's not in Farmington?

#23 Indy

Indy

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

the park sounds nice but is a little far for my old truck.

so i want to get one going on September 6th at rotary park

noon till when ever

32184 6 Mile Road, Livonia, Michigan

meeting spot is the picnic area by the tennis courts

#24 flashflint

flashflint

• Members
  • 607 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

Oodalumps, you should post a sperate topic for this war, seeing as it is totally different from indy's. I can most likely make it I just have to make shure I can get a ride.

#25 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

Post a new topic if you like. Indy the topic starter seems to have disappeared. I should be able to make it on the 30th and the 6th if my practice schedule permits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users