The New Tommy 12

Taking crap to a lower level!

16 replies to this topic

#1 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:08 PM

So at my local fred Meyers I was hanging out at the nerf isle and came across something. At first my eyes passed right over it thinking it was the tommy 20 but then in the back of my head something told me to look again.
looking back I realized this is not a T20 but rather a smaller version called the Tommy 12.
Posted Image
This one was only 12.99 so you don't have to feel so bad for paying for such crap.
As the name indicates it has 8 less shots. and is much smaller almost pistol size. firing mech and all that are the same as the old version.

Oh and just for comparisons sake here is a pic of both the old t20 and the Auto T20.
Posted Image

If I run out of good blasters to mod I might pick one of these up. (doubt it)
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#2 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

Umm, it's kinda cute, I guess.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#3 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 08:08 PM

OMG, it's a T20 with a small penis!

By the way, the Auto-T20 is pretty good. Beastly, in fact. I'm working on a mod for it now.

Edited by Ubermensch, 06 August 2008 - 08:19 PM.

"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

#4 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:33 PM

This is pretty cool actually. Though the original wasn't incredible, it did function well enough as a room clearer. I will be getting two once I have the money, just for the dual wield potential.

#5 Yakkers

Yakkers

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

That has to be the smallest handle I have ever seen on a blaster. It looks like it only holds two fingers, one on the trigger, one on the tiny handle.

#6 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

I acually like this little thing. BlackSunshine, how big would you say this is in comparison to, a Maverick persay?
I mean, if it gets the same ranges as the MT20, this thing is a pretty good pistol for it's ROF. It would be perfect for me, on acount that I really only do backyard wars with my friends. I wonder if they will come out with an automatic tommy 12? But BuzzBee is really pulling stuff out of their ass now.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#7 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

I'd say its slightly larger then the mav. roughly about recon pistol size.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

Sweet. And for 13 bucks, I'd say this is a good deal. I'm gonna go over to K-mart later and see if they have this.
EDIT: Oh, you said Fred Meyers.

Edited by Bomberman, 07 August 2008 - 02:17 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:30 PM

How wide is it? I'd imagine that is going to be the hardest part about finding a suitable holster for this thing. My vest can probably hold it, but that's about all I can think of.

#10 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

lol. You kids and your holsters. No forget about holstering this gun. not going to happen unless you have a big ass holster. It is pretty wide as the drum even tho only holds 12 darts is still pretty big for a handgun. and the front cage is still pretty good sized.

#11 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:00 PM

lol. You kids and your holsters. No forget about holstering this gun. not going to happen unless you have a big ass holster. It is pretty wide as the drum even tho only holds 12 darts is still pretty big for a handgun. and the front cage is still pretty good sized.

As said, my vest's rear pocket can probably hold it, as it holds my recon with plenty of room to spare, but unless I can fit two, it would be much easier to use the recon. Still, it looks like a fun gun, if nothing else I imagine my group at school will invest in a couple.

#12 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 03:21 PM

If it fits well in my hands, and has ranges comparable to the Mech Tommy 20*, I might just pick up a pair of these sometime. In an indoor war (my primary play environment), a pair of these weilded John Woo style would be quite powerful. Right now, one of the most powerful guns in our games is the RF20, due to the fact that it can do semi-auto and/or full auto. A pair of these firing would be able to put out foam nearly as fast as a single RF20, with a bonus of four extra shots and no pumping required (which means faster reload/reset time). There's the noise factor, of course, but that doesn't seem to make our single Mech Tommy 20 any less desirable to the players.

* I don't see why it would get any less range than the MT20 - flywheels are flywhels, and there isn't any kind of functional barrel on either of them, so as long as the motors are equal strength, they should fire just as well.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#13 silentsnipe

silentsnipe

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:15 PM

So at my local fred Meyers I was hanging out at the nerf isle and came across something. At first my eyes passed right over it thinking it was the tommy 20 but then in the back of my head something told me to look again.
looking back I realized this is not a T20 but rather a smaller version called the Tommy 12.
Posted Image
This one was only 12.99 so you don't have to feel so bad for paying for such crap.
As the name indicates it has 8 less shots. and is much smaller almost pistol size. firing mech and all that are the same as the old version.

Oh and just for comparisons sake here is a pic of both the old t20 and the Auto T20.
Posted Image

If I run out of good blasters to mod I might pick one of these up. (doubt it)

i got the automatic tommy 20 (green one) ....its better then the old tommy 20 (yellow one) the green one does not jam....and it does shoot farther....also u dont have to use a button to turn it on.....u pull the trigger....its a pretty good gone.....i recomenned if ur having a war....(as long as u have extra ammo)
And it's absolutely rated R for the violence. Also boobies. And pee pees.

Talio.

Join TheNerfFreaks.forumotion.com TODAY!

#14 BustaDartInYOurAss

BustaDartInYOurAss

• Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 01:52 AM

First off, The Tommy 12 looks pretty cool and I think 13 bucks is pretty reasonable.Second, SilentSnipe please follow the CoC and don't type like your text messaging.

Edited by BustaDartInYOurAss, 16 August 2008 - 01:55 AM.

#15 thedap

thedap

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 02:42 AM

I take it the batteries go above the drum, up inside the frame? on the 12 I mean.
I think the first thing to go would be the goofy barrel. not much use anyway, just makes the overall size too big.

hey Busta, technically you messed up the CoC too.
the correct spelling in your comment would have been "YOU'RE", as in the conjunctive of "you are".
just be glad you're not dyslexic like me, I have to proofread 3 or 4 times since it all looks the same to me, right or wrong!

on the auto 20, any guess what the rate of fire is? like how long to empty the 20 round drum?

as a side note, I found that my tommy 20 was jamming too much until I checked inside and noticed the trigger travel was coming up a little short. seems the stand-off for the trigger return spring uses a fendered head screw and the screw head was striking the stand-off that retains the trigger bar.
I notched the standoff where the screw head met it.
the cam action that pushes the dart out into the spinning wheels is very sensitive to the travel of the trigger.
if it comes up even a little short, the darts won't reach the wheels good.

has anyone come up with a methd of keeping the darts from falling out when you point the gun down?
a holster for the pistol would be useless unless you cured that problem.

I have considered cutting the skirt of the darts with 4 lengthwise cuts , maybe a 1/4 inch or so long. the natural tension of the foam should make the cuts peel open slightly and make the dart squarish and hopefully stick in the drum enough that they wouldn't fall out on their own.

three cuts or even just one or two might very well be enough to do the job, time to experiment!

#16 PREDATOR

PREDATOR

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:21 PM

I think I saw one at a KB toys. I just overlooked it thinking it was the t20 though.
QUOTE(Groove @ Apr 29 2007, 11:03 PM) View Post

Wise man always say, "Arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded."
-Groove

#17 Alfonso

Alfonso

• Banned
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

This is the mini big blast equivalent to the Tommy 20.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users