Longshot Clip Mod "upside Down"

something i would like to call an upsidedowny clip

25 replies to this topic

#1 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

Hi, I don't have the time to try this yet but I was thinking of a super clip from 2 clips that were bottom to bottom, but completely hollowed out so that you hold the nerf gun upside down and fire with your pinky so that you can just keep feeding darts in with out taking out the clip. here is a vid were i mention this once. also if you wanna try this out please do tell me if it works.

Also, another advantage to this mod, if you wanna aim better, you can just prime the gun, then turn it right side up, shoot, then turn upside down again. Tell me what you think :lol:
"His chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this level of rock n' roll!"

#2 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

I doubt this would work holding the gun in any orientation. The magazine has a follower that helps advance to the next dart, eliminating your "feed in more darts" idea.

Edited by CaliforniaPants, 03 August 2008 - 10:11 PM.

trans as shit because fuck you

#3 AJZ

AJZ

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

Edited by AJZ, 13 July 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#4 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:32 PM

I doubt this would work holding the gun in any orientation. The magazine has a follower that helps advance to the next dart, eliminating your "feed in more darts" idea.

I am not sure what you are thinking about but from what I understand he means the bottom is open so it is a gravity feed. It could work but if you flip it up again darts would probably fall out. Also the idea that you prime it and then flip it back to normal, fire then flip it upside down and prime it again would take too long.

#5 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:37 PM

I am not sure what you are thinking about but from what I understand he means the bottom is open so it is a gravity feed. It could work but if you flip it up again darts would probably fall out. Also the idea that you prime it and then flip it back to normal, fire then flip it upside down and prime it again would take too long.

that is why you would have the clips bottom to bottom, so that if you turn it right side up it will catch the darts. also i pretended i did this mod and see how long the whole flipping thing will take and once you get the hang of it, it doesn't take that long. but i think he is right it might not work...but who knows, and if it doesn't the is probably a way to make it work.
"His chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this level of rock n' roll!"

#6 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

that is why you would have the clips bottom to bottom, so that if you turn it right side up it will catch the darts. also i pretended i did this mod and see how long the whole flipping thing will take and once you get the hang of it, it doesn't take that long. but i think he is right it might not work...but who knows, and if it doesn't the is probably a way to make it work.

I was aware of them being bottom to bottom but I have always had problems with darts falling out of clips.

#7 CaliforniaPants

CaliforniaPants

Futtbrustrated

• Moderators
  • 459 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:42 PM

I guess i worded that a little weird, but thats generally what i meant. The darts would probably end up falling out or flipping in the magazine due to the flipping of the gun.

trans as shit because fuck you

#8 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:47 PM

How is holding your gun upside-down considered a modification?

And a magazine stops being a magazine once you remove the spring from it. The feed cycle of the Longshot is kind of dependent upon the magazine spring.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 03 August 2008 - 11:50 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#9 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:04 AM

And a magazine stops being a magazine once you remove the spring from it. The feed cycle of the Longshot is kind of dependent upon the magazine spring.

not on the gun, on the clip, like i mean as in gravity is wats feeding the dart since you hold the gun upside down. and it's just an idea any ways.

#10 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

running around with an upside down ls doesnt sound very practical. In terms of the dart feeding idea, I think it would work if you were continually putting in fresh darts as you fired, but if you had an empty clip and you dropped a dart in there, there is a good chance of that dart flipping or landing in the breech at a wrong angle and jamming your gun.

all in all I would consider it a waste of magazines, more sense in making a double clip
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#11 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

This wouldn't work at all. The Longshot has nothing to keep the darts from falling and landing on the jam door. You might as well just get rid of the clip completely and throw darts down the empty magazine slot.

This is why you don't post 'theory' topics. Because even if a 'theory' sounds good, unlike this one, when you actually try it, you find out how pointless or not it actually is.

Come on, you 'pretended' you did the mod?!
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:15 AM

here is a vid were i mention this once.

When I first read that comment I assumed that you were joking and I nearly shat myself. Unfortunatly I soon reallized that you were serious and it ruined my morning.

Did you WANT me to have a crappy morning? Is that what you were shooting for here? I WILL remember this Cosmo...I will Always remember.

VACC

#13 Ta10n

Ta10n

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:36 AM

Ah, this is what the LS Tactical's mag clamps are supposed to allow you to do. You have one mag in the gun, and you can load the other one. After you empty the mag in the gun simply swap and load the full mag into the gun, rinse, repeat. I suppose this idea would work as you DO keep the magazine end inserted into the LS in it's stock condition, but lets be honest, this would be a bitch to work with in a war situation.

CrazyIvan do you have any idea how the LS internals work at all? Did you even read the first post? I don't mean to flame or get irritated for no reason, but I don't like it when people take a stance on something without full understanding what it is. Yes this idea wouldn't work all that well BUT let me ask you this. Can you pick up a stock LS and fire/cycle it upside down without darts falling out? Yes you can. Why? Because the magazine lips and the extended piece on the upper rear of the bolt keep the darts in. KingCosmo said NOTHING about removing either of these parts. So yes, this mod may work, but I'm sure it wouldn't work very well.

Back to the topic at hand if you ARE going to try a gravity feed on the LS might I suggest that you develop a way to feed downwards through the jam door (with it removed or retracted of course). For example you could plug up the mag well, flip the stock bolt or better yet fashion a new bolt to allow a top feed. Then build a large drum that would sit above and to one side of the jam door. Install a single row chute down to the new bolt. Firmly attach the drum to the top accessory rail (using cable ties, glue whatever). Then install a hinged door with a little lock on said drum. Boom, now you have an LS with say a 25 round magazine capacity that you can refill on the fly AND you don't have to worry about the darts falling out. Plus you can fire it right side up :) I know you were probably looking for simplicity, but really this is probably the best way to accomplish what you wanted.

Anyway if anyone doesn't think that would work please feel free to correct me.

-Ta10n

Primary: LS Tactical (http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=12500)
Secondary: Clipped Maverick

Future Projects:

Doing something with my gutted SM5K

#14 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:17 PM

Did Ice or Uin13 teach you how to film?

It looks like it...

The idea can be implemented in a much easier way if you cpvc the insides. Look at what Galaxy613 did.

Use the many ideas I suggested and you could have what you want.

Except you wouldn't look like a retard.

Edited by Lynx, 05 August 2008 - 01:59 AM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#15 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

Please, for the love of the respect of fellow members, don't turn into ice/uin13.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#16 laxtk88

laxtk88

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

Please, for the love of the respect of fellow members, don't turn into ice/uin13.

He is not THAT bad. Sure he talks a lot too much, and his voice is kind of annoying, but he has contributed to NH and he has attended a nerf war. That makes him an adequate nerfer in my opinion.

Edited by laxtk88, 04 August 2008 - 06:18 PM.

QUOTE(Sleebo @ Jun 12 2008, 07:23 PM) View Post

Just for the record, my mother is the most beautiful women in the world.

#17 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

Hi, I don't have the time to try this yet but I was thinking of a super clip from 2 clips that were bottom to bottom, but completely hollowed out so that you hold the nerf gun upside down and fire with your pinky so that you can just keep feeding darts in with out taking out the clip. here is a vid were i mention this once. also if you wanna try this out please do tell me if it works.

Also, another advantage to this mod, if you wanna aim better, you can just prime the gun, then turn it right side up, shoot, then turn upside down again. Tell me what you think :)

OK EVERY LOOK! it's just an idea! if you dont think it will work thats good for you, but no idea is a bad idea! and SORRY that my tripod broke, and you know what...i LIKE talking!!! so just deal with it. and i didn't know that that many people hate ICE/uin13...nerfhaven people and youtubers are really different

#18 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:20 AM

Also, another advantage to this mod, if you wanna aim better, you can just prime the gun, then turn it right side up, shoot, then turn upside down again. Tell me what you think :)

OK EVERY LOOK! it's just an idea! if you dont think it will work thats good for you, but no idea is a bad idea! and SORRY that my tripod broke, and you know what...i LIKE talking!!! so just deal with it. and i didn't know that that many people hate ICE/uin13...nerfhaven people and youtubers are really different

Its not that we hate Uin13/Ice We just think his videos could use a little cutting...and...voice changing? Never mind. His mods are pretty good.
You should cut your videos up too man, they'd be shorter and make sure you know what your going to say before you hit that record button. Frankly nothing is more boring than a 4 minute video of someone stammering off about a nerf mod...which at the end doesn't even explain much.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#19 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:00 AM

Oh my god.

I should have never brought the Ice topic up...

Anyways. Idea threads DON'T go down well on NerfHaven.

Neither does constant OFF TOPIC bantering.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#20 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:51 AM

Frankly nothing is more boring than a 4 minute video of someone stammering off about a nerf mod...which at the end doesn't even explain much.

No no, that's by far the MOST entertaining thing about those videos. You just never know what the fuck is gonna come out of his mouth. It's like watching the slutty golden girl at a turkish marti gras....ok no.....it's not really anything like that...

#21 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:16 AM

"No no, that's by far the MOST entertaining thing about those videos. You just never know what the fuck is gonna come out of his mouth. It's like watching the slutty golden girl at a turkish marti gras....ok no.....it's not really anything like that..."

^Hilarious couldn't stop laughing, On to buisness:

Lessons learned today:

-Idea Threads are boring & Stupid...because they're just ideas...

-Most Nerf Mod Videos are pretty boring unless you stammer like theres no tomorrow or you were a witch costume mask(Fa_24 Fuckin ClassicS).
[/quote]

Oh and By the way, How are Nerfhaven different from Youtubers?

Edited by joeyaglr444, 05 August 2008 - 10:17 AM.

Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#22 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:42 PM

We actually do things.

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#23 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

We actually do things.

?

#24 CrazyIvan VI

CrazyIvan VI

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:03 PM

We actually do things.

?

Lynx is responding to Joey, saying, 'The difference between Nerfers and Youtubers is that we actually do things.'
I get all giddy when I see VACC browsing a stupid topic. I just know someone is going to get banned.

#25 Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:30 PM

If you look at actual firearms and study the history (which I have) things like this have been tried and failed many times over... I consider 1911 to be the beginning of the modern age of firearms so considering that was 97 years ago people have tried just about everything. Remember sometimes an Idea that didn't work back then could possibly be reused today because of modern materials and process...Theres nothing wrong with a bad idea as long as you learn from it..

You can put 14 or 15rnds in a doubled longshot mag and couple 2 or 3 side by side like modern swat teams do, there is no reason to try to reinvent the process...
NerfChat IRC Chatroom Click to chat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users