Photo

Anyone Up For Another Seno?

not yet official, just getting an idea

44 replies to this topic

Poll: Potential SENO dates

Which Saturday in November is BEST for you SE nerfers?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If you went to Summer SENO, where would you like to play this time?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 03:43 PM

For those who don't know me, I was the co-host of the Summer SENO in Augusta, GA, along with Zaxbys. Since the first SENO went so well, my group would like to host an encore SENO in November. For those who went to SENO, I hope to see some of you again.

It was an honor to see some Georgians and South Carolinians at Summer SENO, and Groove himself came down from Virginia to play with us. Hopefully, we'll see even more out-of-towners this time around.

Now, time to discuss details. I personally don't mind if we play at the elementary school again, but I do have several other potential locations. As to which Saturday, make note that the 29th is Thanksgiving weekend. I have no preference otherwise. After my group gets a good idea of the potential turnout and date and gets in touch with Zaxbys, I will post an official SENO thread. Be on the lookout for that. The Southeast doesn't have enough big wars, so let's make this one to remember.

After voting, please post your name and potential number of guests so I can plan this war. Thanks!

Edited by Shadowblade, 28 August 2008 - 08:21 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#2 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:12 PM

YEAH!!!! It's time for some more Effeminate Nerfing!! I hope to see all of the people from Summer SENO at this one... plus some.

Anyway, you know I'm there Shadow, ready and rearing to shoot anyone on sight. Any day, anytime, anywhere - just make the call and I'm there.

Let's get this party started!!!

B) Nerf Out B)

Edited by Myster E, 28 August 2008 - 07:50 PM.

"breastfeeding from cxwq's nippies".
- rawray7

Thanks for that wonderful mental image. I'm going to kill you now.

- Spoon Nerf God -

#3 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:33 PM

I will most likely be there, I have to check some dates on my calendar and then I will vote. I just want to say though, the later the better for me. Just put me as a +1 for now, but that number is subject to change, (Hopefully bringing some new blood!) I would like to have it at Garret because that is two minutes away from about 5 hotels (where I would be lodging the night before) and a butload of resteraunts. It also has a good staging area.

EDIT- Ok, I voted for the 29th and Garret. I am most likely no on 1st, 8th, 15th, and probably not for 22nd, but a definite yes, no buts about it, die hard, rain or shine, 29th!
-A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 28 August 2008 - 07:43 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#4 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:02 PM

Judging from the preliminary votes, the date is still contested, although I am starting to lean towards Thanksgiving weekend (29th).

Location vote is in favor of Garrett Elementary right now. I'll get some pics up if someone wants to see it.

I know we have more SE nerfers than this...come on guys/girls, we only have 6 responders??? This is pitiful...

Edited by Shadowblade, 29 August 2008 - 12:03 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

~Talio

#5 Erin Jenna

Erin Jenna

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

Assuming I can keep my AP grades up, I'll be there.

I think its about time I showed up to one of these parties.

-mistressofdarkness12-

haha

ps: please anyone that doesnt fit into the male anatomy, show up! I need some fellow girlies with me.

Edited by Erin Jenna, 01 September 2008 - 02:16 PM.

So there's a broken mirror on my bed. I'll clean it up, so what? You don't have to be such an asshole all the time.

#6 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

Awesome!
Zaxbys, Cmdrmack, SirTofu...sound off!

A side of nerf

Edited by A side of nerf, 01 September 2008 - 02:16 PM.

#7 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:51 AM

I absolutely cannot do November 1st or 15th. I would prefer the 8th at this point, but might be able to do the 22nd. I could probably bring more members of my clan this time.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#8 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

Any date and I am there.
"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#9 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

Don't think I will be able to afford another trip down to SC/GA until next summer. Have fun and remember - Punching the elderly and devouring small children will not improve your game play, but they definitely don't hurt it either.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#10 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

I'm interested in making this one. I live in deepest, darkest NC, so this is probably the closest event to me. I can't make the 1st, but any of the other dates would be doable; the 22nd would be best. Put me as probable, with 1 probable guest (my girlfriend). ~Rork

PS: My one real primary at this point is my SNAPbow; I'm hoping that's cool.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#11 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:07 PM

@Groove: haha, that's okay. We know you'll be with us in spirit. :)

@rork: I remember someone having a SNAP (or maybe it was a SNAP with a +bow frame) at the last SENO. Other than that, I don't recall seeing any other homemades, but feel free to bring it. Guns will be judged on a case-by-case basis, majority vote, so bring a backup primary just in case. The only thing we DO ban is singled titans.

I'm liking the responses here. Hopefully we'll have a few female nerfers as well (woot). I have narrowed the two possible dates to Nov. 22 and Nov. 29 (Thanksgiving weekend), but a final decision will come at the end of this month, so hang tight people. SENO is going to kick @$$...again. Pics of Garrett Elementary on the way...

Edited by Shadowblade, 03 September 2008 - 12:08 PM.

~Talio

#12 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

Since school is in session, i'd like it if we were sure to have permission to be there, in case someone has some questions. But it's up to the field hosts.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#13 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 12:55 PM

Amen. I have no interest in driving 6+ hours only to get kicked off the field. And thanks for the gun info; the SNAPbow is well within normal performance parameters (just above an actual Xbow). Plus, I'm pretty sure that everyone would fear it less than my upcoming project... ~Rork

PS: I'm fairly sure you saw asideofnerf's LID. He slapped +bow sideplates on a SNAP-based pistol.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#14 Erin Jenna

Erin Jenna

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 03:20 PM

I'm interested in making this one. I live in deepest, darkest NC, so this is probably the closest event to me. I can't make the 1st, but any of the other dates would be doable; the 22nd would be best. Put me as probable, with 1 probable guest (my girlfriend). ~Rork

PS: My one real primary at this point is my SNAPbow; I'm hoping that's cool.

AH HAHA! COUPLES NERF! You should definitely bring her so that I have a female to play with. Please please please.

--mistressofdarkness12-
aka Erin
So there's a broken mirror on my bed. I'll clean it up, so what? You don't have to be such an asshole all the time.

#15 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

AH HAHA! COUPLES NERF! You should definitely bring her so that I have a female to play with. Please please please.

--mistressofdarkness12-
aka Erin

I'm fairly sure there are a few nerf couples. If I still had a girlfriend, I'd bring her too. But that's beside the point...

Back on topic, I am 99.99% sure we will be able to nerf at Garrett. That is my group's home field (about half of the clan lives within ten minutes of it) and we've nerfed there numerous times. As long as we clean up after ourselves and avoid destroying anything, we'll be ok. I have several secondary locations in the event that we can't use the school.

The only thing I'm afraid of is public facilities, I'm not sure if the school gym will be open on Saturday for us to use restrooms, water fountains, etc. Last SENO, this wasn't a problem however, as long as you don't mind using a bush or whatever haha. If this is a problem for anyone, just PM me and I'll see what I can do. Some of you will be coming in from out of town, so I'll see to it that your only worry is avoiding a headshot from my sni.per watergun :)

@rork: Haha, that's fine. I'd like to see the SNAPbow in action anyways. Just as long as you're not packing a nerf howitzer...

~Talio

#16 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:35 PM

PS: I'm fairly sure you saw asideofnerf's LID. He slapped +bow sideplates on a SNAP-based pistol.

It isn't the one you've seen on here though, it is a completely different one made with Lexan and is an actual SNAP, I can't wait to see your SNAP-bow either. I should have my actual +bow finished by then, but that all depends on if I can find the time.

Since school is in session, i'd like it if we were sure to have permission to be there, in case someone has some questions. But it's up to the field hosts.

I could've sworn someone told me last time that they don't use that school anymore.

I'm glad we are having such a good turn-out. Hope they aren't to mad about those milk crates, or the cargo sliders, or the door. (We cleaned that up right?)

-A side of nerf

#17 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:27 PM

@A Side of Nerf: Nah... we recently used the school for a small game within the clan. Just so long as we put everything back where it was before and leave the campus clean, we should be alright.

And yes... we cleaned up the door. They still have the other panel outside their kitchen.

:) Nerf Out B)

Edited by Myster E, 03 September 2008 - 07:29 PM.

- rawray7

- Spoon Nerf God -

#18 Erin Jenna

Erin Jenna

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Don't worry Tam. You are super loved by me anyway. Who needs couples nerf when you can have...BFF'S NERF?!?!?! woohoo.

I'm really excited about this one. If possible, we really should try to do it NOT on Thanksgiving weekend, because I pretty much KNOW that I'll be in Charleston. But if its the only good date for everyone else, then I guess I'll just have to miss it. Oh, and BFF'S NERF will have to wait...sad.

Haha.

--MiSSTResSofDAHKNESSAH...12--

hehe that never gets old.

--Erin

PS we really do need some potties, because its WAY easier for you boys to go tinkle than it is for the other gender. But then again, I could just sprint to the Hoffman's if I've really gotta go. hah

Edited by Erin Jenna, 05 September 2008 - 06:01 PM.

#19 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

As it has gone at all the other small wars we've had locally, nobody has actually needed to go to the bathroom during the war. Just go before the war and then you'll be running like a madman and sweating. The thing you'll need to be worrying about is replenishing your fluids... more so than getting rid of them.

B) Nerf Out B)
- rawray7

- Spoon Nerf God -

#20 Erin Jenna

Erin Jenna

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

Oh no, Ian, I always have to go to the bathroom. I consume far too much diet coke to hold it for too long.

#21 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:06 PM

Just read my last post about going before the war.
If not, who else can't live without a bathroom?

Lets move on, shall we?

Edited by Myster E, 05 September 2008 - 09:44 PM.

- rawray7

- Spoon Nerf God -

#22 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

Whoa whoa, guys, chill. She was joking Myster, and this a war planning thread, not an arena. Take that to PM.

Back on track, restrooms are not a major problem, so I will deal with that problem when it arises. But first, we still have to decide a date. Everything is narrowed down to Nov. 22 or 29. Choose.

~Talio

#23 Erin Jenna

Erin Jenna

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

The 22nd is best for me, preferably early.

I'm going to stay with Beth Cald. in Providence for a week in November, and I'm not sure which it will be. I'll let you know if anything changes and I won't be able to make it.

Thank you, both.

ANYONE INTERESTED IN PARTY AND LASER TAG:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=13117

Edited by Erin Jenna, 05 September 2008 - 10:13 PM.

#24 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:34 PM

Don't think I will be able to afford another trip down to SC/GA until next summer. Have fun and remember - Punching the elderly and devouring small children will not improve your game play, but they definitely don't hurt it either.

-Groove

*Takes out pen and paper and takes notes....*
"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#25 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:19 PM

What sort of rounds, etc. are we looking at, anyway? I'll be bulking up my arsenal a wee bit between now and November, and I want to plan appropriately. ~Rork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users