Maverick "complete" Ar Removal

just a little something different.

6 replies to this topic

#1 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:24 AM

Ok...so for this mod I just did a lil something different then most other maverick mods. In some guns--instead of just cutting away the barrel post and then cut away as much as you can of the rest of the AR--I just like to remove the whole thing and then find a way to make it work.

With the maverick i removed the out side case that covers the 6 rotating barrels and then took out all of the ARs. not one spec of orange was to be in the way of the barrel.
Posted Image

And then to make sure it was air tight (for this make sure you have ALOT of paper towels) i pored some glue (just plain old elmer's glue) down all 6 barrels and the plugged up the holes with a little piece of paper towel. Then after letting it sit for about 30 minuets or so, I unplugged each barrel and then blew down each one, getting rid of the glue. make sure that if any glue gets on something that will be on a moving part or something, that you clean it off right away.

also. every few weeks or so, after regular use, you might have to do a "touch up" with a cotten swab and some more elmer's glue.

Here is a 2 part vid about it

Here.

And here.
[/quote]

OH! also i forgot to mention that i super glued the barrels together before using elmer's glue to make it airtight...dont just use elmer's glue thats just retareded!

Edited by KingCosmo7, 03 August 2008 - 10:53 PM.

"His chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this level of rock n' roll!"

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:41 AM

You have the links messed up. When you go to link something and open the linking thing it already has the http:// thing in it so just go back into it and get rid of one of your http:// things. Anyways that is a very interesting idea but I wouldn't want to do touch ups to a gun I don't really like.

I fixed the links for you.

Here.

And here.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 03 August 2008 - 01:06 PM.

#3 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:00 PM

Yeeesh!
Sounds truly awful. But I'm not asserting that it couldn't work.

Let us know how it goes after a month or so, okay?

While all that is ...interesting... I don't think I would even consider trying it until someone has tested the results for a while.

I have had this gun for about a month and it works just great!!! check out my latest range test vid at www.youtube.com/Kingcosmo7
"His chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this level of rock n' roll!"

#4 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:54 PM

Yeeesh!
Sounds truly awful. But I'm not asserting that it couldn't work.

Let us know how it goes after a month or so, okay?

While all that is ...interesting... I don't think I would even consider trying it until someone has tested the results for a while.

oh and i also forgot to mention that i also super glued the barrels on first...just putting it out there idk wether it changes your mind or not.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:52 PM

Doing this will shorten the over-all length of the turret cylinder so you will have to add washers at the front to adjust for the change. Otherwise the turret cylinder won't stay seated on the front of the plunger tube.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:46 AM

Doing this will shorten the over-all length of the turret cylinder so you will have to add washers at the front to adjust for the change. Otherwise the turret cylinder won't stay seated on the front of the plunger tube.

to solve this problem i just jammed a small piece of paper covered at the front the cylinder as seen in my video

#7 jlidral

jlidral

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 06:43 PM

And then to make sure it was air tight (for this make sure you have ALOT of paper towels) i pored some glue (just plain old elmer's glue) down all 6 barrels and the plugged up the holes with a little piece of paper towel. Then after letting it sit for about 30 minuets or so, I unplugged each barrel and then blew down each one, getting rid of the glue. make sure that if any glue gets on something that will be on a moving part or something, that you clean it off right away.

also. every few weeks or so, after regular use, you might have to do a "touch up" with a cotten swab and some more elmer's glue.

Here is a 2 part vid about it

OH! also i forgot to mention that i super glued the barrels together before using elmer's glue to make it airtight...dont just use elmer's glue thats just retareded!
[/quote]

you know modeling glue works much better than elmers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users