Apoc #7 Reaction Thread

This war deserves its own reaction thread

101 replies to this topic

#76 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:03 AM

I was able to get the photos from Crooked's Camera.

Am I the only one who took video at this war??
I want to make a compilation video. If anyone else has footage please contact me.

Now it's 100% official. The Canadians are out of photos. Who else has them?

I remember seeing one of the dads toting a nice-looking black video camera, pointing it around as if it was rolling.

What ever happened to that picture of you me and that dastardly Vulcan of yours?
Teehee.

#77 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:28 AM

What ever happened to that picture of you me and that dastardly Vulcan of yours?

Well I wasn't going to post that photo because my face looked so damn weird in it.
No really, I looked like I had down syndrome.
I was able to come up with a solution.
Posted Image

This photo was taken about 1 minute before the torrential rainfall.
Coincidence? I think not. The gods were angry.

Edited by Forsaken_angel24, 16 August 2008 - 12:59 AM.

I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#78 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

I remember seeing one of the dads toting a nice-looking black video camera, pointing it around as if it was rolling.

Yeah, that was my dad. Unfortunately that camera records only on hi8 cassettes. Not much of a chance of sharing that video with the rest of the NIC.

#79 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

There was some older guy there who had tanner skin, toting a stock longshot and some other stock gun who was doing a lot of filming. I think he just heard about the war and wanted to see what it was all about. I think he even got some kills too.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#80 digitalkid

digitalkid

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 10:51 PM

Yeah, that was my dad. Unfortunately that camera records only on hi8 cassettes. Not much of a chance of sharing that video with the rest of the NIC.

Was he the one that said "I'm gonna try to get this up on Youtube"? I've been looking on Youtube for that video to come up, but it should be embedded or linked in this thread as soon as it's posted, if ever.

On a side note, my cell phone somehow accidentally recorded about 25 seconds of audio. It recorded me saying "Hold it here, hold it here. Let's stop this army. As soon as they get close enough."

Here's the audio recording (Opens in Quicktime):
Audio002.amr
A problem has been detected and you have been shot down.

DOOMSAYER.EXE

FATAL_EXCEPTION_ERROR_CAUSED_BY_A_SHOT_AT_POINT_BLANK_RANGE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop Error screen, count to 15 and respawn. If this screen appears again, you're dead. Get out of the field.

#81 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:01 PM

Was he the one that said "I'm gonna try to get this up on Youtube"? I've been looking on Youtube for that video to come up, but it should be embedded or linked in this thread as soon as it's posted, if ever.

Lol it might have been. Did he have black hair, a 5 o' clock shadow, and cargo shorts? I don't have any clue how one could convert an analog cassette into a digital video, though, so don't get your hopes up.

#82 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:18 PM

You can connect the camera to a digital video camera that accepts a standard video input, and record from one camera to the other. Then you can transfer the digital video to a computer from the digital video camera. It's a pain in the ass, and the quality isn't as good, but for a youtube vieo, it'll work.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#83 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:04 PM

I hope you guys continue this war until I'm a couple years older, I totally need to come to this war.
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#84 A side of nerf

A side of nerf

Georgia Nerf Lives

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

Why would you have to wait?

Edited by A side of nerf, 17 August 2008 - 06:54 PM.

Southeast Nerf Contingent

#85 digitalkid

digitalkid

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 08:05 PM

Lol it might have been. Did he have black hair, a 5 o' clock shadow, and cargo shorts? I don't have any clue how one could convert an analog cassette into a digital video, though, so don't get your hopes up.

Yup I think that was him.

Well you could play it back on a nice TV, preferably LCD, plasma, or DLP, then have your webcam or a different video camera to record off of the TV, carefully placing it so the TV borders aren't shown in the new recording. It's like taking a picture of a picture.

Or you could do what Langley said. But if you don't have a second camera that accepts video input, then my method seems to be easy and cost-free, and decent enough for Youtube.
A problem has been detected and you have been shot down.

DOOMSAYER.EXE

FATAL_EXCEPTION_ERROR_CAUSED_BY_A_SHOT_AT_POINT_BLANK_RANGE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop Error screen, count to 15 and respawn. If this screen appears again, you're dead. Get out of the field.

#86 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:56 PM

I haven't had the time to post my recap of Apoc. I actually played the worst that I have since I started nerfing. My Maxshot needs a serious reworking, my darts were not cooperating with me (500 rounds that were hit or miss), my Boomstick needs its barrel realigned as it is devaited right, my 1500 has a misalgined barrel and the coupler on my crossbow detached in the last round, which was the first time I used it. I couldn't get nearly as many hits as I am used to (didn't even get a single headshot all day) and my guns were seriously outranged (lots of BBBB and Titans) and outperformed due to my slow reload times. I still had fun, but I need to do some serious work on my arsenal if I want to be anywhere close to effective at Talio's war.

My highlights:
  • Got to play with the Canadians again and to meet a few new ones.
  • Finally got to meet Talio. Very cool guy.
  • Got to see Doomsayer in action. Got shot by them way too many times.
  • Acted like the Matador when dodging shots from Forsaken.
  • Made alot of sales, making it worth renting that massive, gas guzzling truck.
  • The rain. Knew it was going to happen yet didn't bring anything to protect Maryann and I.
  • Getting better at Gunslinger rounds, except when Forsaken, CS, and two others started hunting me. All I could hear before they attacked was Forsaken yelling, "BADGIE!!!".
  • VACC showing up, though he couldn't play yet, was cool. Glad to see him in better health than he was the last time I saw him.
  • The best highlight of them all was at the end of the day when I was selling guns. Talio was looking at my Alien Racers gun, this weird gauntlet-like piece that I had. He liked it so much that I gave it to him. I turned a tall and muscular viking into a giddy little schoolboy. Best thing ever.
Things that bothered me:
  • Way too many singled Titans and BBBB threw the balance of the game way off, moreso than the Doomsayers did.
  • People clearing improperly. When you clear, you move away from combat, as in "Clearing the area". People were clearing behind their opponents and then shooting them.
  • I love tap kills, but you can only tap as many people as you have rounds loaded. If you can only shoot once before reloading, you can't tap 4 people.
Everyone was cool and I'm sure some of the things noticed above were a result of different playstyles, but I am a cranky old man that likes things to run as they should. I'm not mad at anyone for anything that happened, I just like it when things run smoothly.

I can't wait for next year and, if gas prices drop just a bit lower, I will be travelling to alot more wars.

Now, as for pictures from the war, here is a link to my Photobucket account where the pics are located.

Pictures from Apocalypse VII - 2008

Edited by badger, 17 August 2008 - 09:58 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#87 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:23 AM

Seems like I was the only one able to post any video on the net.
If more video surfaces I can re-edit this.

Apoc 2008 video.

Enjoy.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#88 Magic

Magic

Formerly NerfOnFier

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 540 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:35 AM

Great video, I hope someone else puts on more footage.

#89 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:51 PM

Laughed at 5:56 to 6:00. It was also pretty amusing to watch the parts that ice shot. Thanks for the video.

#90 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:22 PM

Once Ice took the camera it turned into a comedy routine.

Props for going though.

Quotes:
"Go away"
"Nobody likes you Bags" (I wuv woo and will buy a shirt soon)
"5,4,3,2,1,(falls=pwnt)"
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#91 biofreak2

biofreak2

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 01:54 PM

Finally posting my thoughts on the war.

Good
-Getting to go to a huge war
-double kill between me and Yazz (that was awesome)-
-Playing alot of rounds with very different teams
-The multiteam round, I was set up with Evil, Cardiac Kid, and Forsaken.
-Team-Slaya letting me use his EAB
-My dad playing a couple of rounds
-Seeing the doublekill between my dad and FA24 (I thought he was nuts!)

Bad
-not doing as well as I hoped
-Not having my +bow in time for the war

Overall It was a great war, Looking forward to next year.
(analogkid, whats so funny about me saying go away to ice?)
Here in Wardog Clan we don't yell "FOR SPARTAAAAAAAA" we yell "FOR SUPERFOODTOWNNNNNNN", ya know mix things up a bit.

#92 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:16 PM

Why would you have to wait?

Well being the tender age of 13 I can't drive, and my mom sure isn't gonna drive me because she thinks "You have enough nerf guns...." and probably wouldn't think well of me going on a bus 800 miles to shoot each other with "stupid plastic toys". Also in a few years it might interfere with football practice.
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#93 CrooKeD

CrooKeD

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

"5,4,3,2,1,(falls=pwnt)"

wtf is pwnt... I see this now I still enjoy pwned/owned and the greatest pwn4g3
War Count(14) HBH 1-3, Massacre 1-4, Vengeance, Vengeance 3, APOC 2008, APOC 2009, APOC 2010, Scano 4-6
Next War Attending: Hell Before Halloween

#94 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:06 PM

In the video, Ice video tapes a guy with another camera.
Who was that? and where is that footage?
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#95 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

Yea about that.... That was Ike a.k.a. Iron Maiden. The SD card all that stuff was on is missing somewhere in the void..

#96 Chem-Goggles

Chem-Goggles

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:07 PM

Really, this being my first large scale war, I did feel a little out of place at first. But once we got to the second battle (Ressurection Forest) things began to really pick up. Overall it was a really good war, and I am looking forward for next year's Apoc.

I have to say that my favorite battles took place in the grove, and i liked this place the most because of the balance between the cover and the open space. I do have to give compliment to the owners of the Chimera's. Good work on those gunes, very impresive. Also, the nick-name Chem-Goggles was given to me, and though I've never been one to like having nicknames, I kind of hope that this one sticks.

Really the only bad things I saw in the war were that it was very humid and hot, and that i was usually in a situation where i was greatly outnumbered.

All i have to say is great job on putting up an awesome Apoc.
Hey. I am not a pro nerfer. I really don't know that much about mods. Im here because after attending Nerf Apocalypse 2008 and met some of the professionals, I felt obligated to make a Nerfhaven account. Since I'm just starting here, I think I'll refrain from saying too much right now.

#97 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:31 PM

Ah, if only every new member was like Chem-goggles. Good to have you on the 'Haven, man. :ph34r:
Also, an update on my video footage, my dad seems to have lost the entire video camera (yikes!) so it's doubtful that my footage will ever see the light of day.

Edited by Rover, 25 August 2008 - 03:32 PM.

#98 Yazz

Yazz

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Wow, Effeminate failure lol. That's disappointing, but we'll always have the memories in our hearts, awwwwwwwwwwwww.
Soilent Green IS People!!!!!

#99 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

Wow, I just realized I fucked up on the video.
I thanked the hosts as Shindig and Evil.
Instead of Shindig and Kuhlshrank.

Sorry Kuhlshrank.
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#100 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 08:24 AM

I thanked the hosts as Shindig and Evil.

You should never thank Evil.
For anything.
Ever.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users