Apoc #7 Reaction Thread

This war deserves its own reaction thread

101 replies to this topic

#51 CrooKeD

CrooKeD

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 01:00 PM

Hey all its CrooKed formerly known as HExEN..(although it might still say HExEN as my name... lol

This war pwned my life and can't wait for next years. Anywhoo.

Personal Highlights

- Seeing Slug again since last years Hell before Halloween
- Shooting minors with Nerf darts (I was excited but not as excited as some people I hear get when they shoot kids..lol)
- Talio dude, you made my day. Keep admiring guns during the war I love it!
- FA please never stop making guns. You an inspiration to all that have seen your work.
- OMC running and dodging and diving and ducking from a hornet. I had your back until it started coming at me man.
- OMC again throwing his gun in the air out of anger.
- The Americans gave us Canadians a run for our money.
- I hate Varsity. Me and Cardiac could not kill this kid if our life depended on it, which it did!

I have pictures that I will post later for all your amusement, and maybe a photo shopped 1 or 2 to giggle at.

P.S. this is my first post in almost 2 years I believe.
War Count(14) HBH 1-3, Massacre 1-4, Vengeance, Vengeance 3, APOC 2008, APOC 2009, APOC 2010, Scano 4-6
Next War Attending: Hell Before Halloween

#52 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:48 PM

This being the third war in 3 weeks, my gun and I were already broke going in.
I was really surprised to not know more that half the people at this war, it was pretty hard to distinguish between who was good and who wasn't.

Highlights
-OMC's "Fuck!" while throwing his crossbow in the air after being hit, followed by "Shit! Shit! Shit!" and a diving catch.
-Getting some pretty clean shots off, as usual.
-Actually being recognized by some of the new kids, didn't know I was so popular.
-Taking a hit to the gut from a Chimera and convulsing for a second.
-Running to my car in the downpour then realizing I was running through a thunderstorm in the middle of a field.
-Returning to the war after changing clothes, and seeing everyone else soaked.
-Regluing the barrel of my gun 4 times during the war.
-Realizing that I'm out gunned by these new creations.
-Leaving straight from the war site to wildwood for a week long vacation.

Skitzo-

"It's hot outside"

Edited by Skitzo, 10 August 2008 - 03:49 PM.

If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#53 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:33 PM

The sad part is that I flew over to the east coast on the 3rd. So close but still so far away. My only question, what in the world is a chimera?
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#54 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:41 PM

It is a big ass Titan rifle, capable of more than you know. Probably the only blaster at Apoc that I was not familiar with, and one of the only ones I avoided. I'll try to find a picture for you.

EDIT:
Posted Image
He's holding a chimera
EDIT: I mean in the picture, I know he created it too.

Edited by analogkid, 10 August 2008 - 06:06 PM.

#55 Yazz

Yazz

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:21 PM

Actually, he created the Chimera. I'm pretty sure he's created like 5 of them, three of them were present at the war.
Soilent Green IS People!!!!!

#56 Rover

Rover

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

Here's a ton of pictures my dad took in the staging area: Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#57 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

Wow. My back looks enormous in that photo.

Who else has photos. I know their are a ton of them out there.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#58 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:44 PM

Guys, I'm compiling a video of APOC's photo's, so I need all I can get.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#59 CrooKeD

CrooKeD

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:46 PM

My photos are coming photo bucket is being gay right now just gotta retrieve some info and I should be good to go.
War Count(14) HBH 1-3, Massacre 1-4, Vengeance, Vengeance 3, APOC 2008, APOC 2009, APOC 2010, Scano 4-6
Next War Attending: Hell Before Halloween

#60 Fenixharth

Fenixharth

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Yea the chimera is a titan airtank and pump on a PVC frame with a longshot front gun handle for the trigger.

And Danm you and your Daedalus Analogkid! That was a great shot when you hit me in the temple. I looked over to tell one of the younger guys something and all of a sudden I just feel: *Tap* on the side of my head.

#61 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:50 PM

Never had the chance to post my highlights until now.

-Winning the first Gunslinger with Evil. The lat 2 teams were he and I vs. Groove and Darkshrimp. They were the perfect teams. One fattie and one not-fattie per side.
-The return of Axel Rose. Haven't seen him since the last BCNO where he got shot in the fucking eye.
-Doing well with Varisty and the other guy I was with most of the rounds. We played well together. I wanna say your name was dave? We called you young Rob for a while.
-Seeing my friends from all over, especially Mass. Making Team_Slaya abandon his teammates for the last round and then one promptly shooting him from point blank was hysterical.
-Meeting the fresh faces from "the loft above an awesome party" Canada. You all played very well, especially Crooked and Startats aka Tank Rat.
-Making up nicknames for guys I just met. Always fun. Pretty much calling out your most distinguishing physical feature and going with it.
-As always, playing on the same team with my vet buddies.
-Selling a bunch of PETG of course.

There are probably a ton more, but those are the best ones I can remember at this point.
I hate you.

#62 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:02 PM

And Danm you and your Daedalus Analogkid! That was a great shot when you hit me in the temple. I looked over to tell one of the younger guys something and all of a sudden I just feel: *Tap* on the side of my head.

Great had nothing to do with it, that was totally mortar shot style random shooting luck. My philosophy for the day was that if you fire enough shots, you're bound to hit something eventually.

Edited by analogkid, 10 August 2008 - 09:12 PM.

#63 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:20 PM

So Daedalus was the name of it.

I remember seeing him and thinking "Look at him and his nitefinder. I am way out of his range."
Then of course he fired at me and I luckily dodged.
Then I remember thinking "Thats not a nite finder! What the hell is it?"
I know its bad,
After what we had,

#64 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

Yeah, I got that too. "Oh that's a nitefinder." Bang, "Holy shit...that's a super nitefinder."

I ate one fucking cliffs bar and every picture of me in this thread is me eating it. What's wrong with you people?

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#65 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

Never had the chance to post my highlights until now.

-Doing well with Varisty and the other guy I was with most of the rounds. We played well together. I wanna say your name was dave? We called you young Rob for a while.

I thought you guys were calling me howie junior or something. You got the name right though. Me and Vars play well together because just about anything we've done since we were like 7 we've done together.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#66 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:21 PM

Fuck all of you.
Of course I'm totally jealous, even though I was in North Carolina enjoying myself, I would have rather been at Apoc. I'll be there next year though, can't wait for that.

#67 digitalkid

digitalkid

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:16 PM

Hey guys, it's Earl. I finally got around to becoming a member! Sweet. I've been following this thread for a while. I do love the VIP process, cutting in line past 1000 validating members. Thanks Tyler (biofreak2) for PMing The Infinite Shindig.

I was this kid: (Thanks Grover for finally posting the only decent picture of me from Apoc)
Posted Image

The only thing I can say is that that was THE BEST and most awesome war I've ever been to, even though that was my first. Definitely memorable, had lots of fun.

Let's see, highlights:

-Deciding on the second to last round, measuring the probability that I was gonna get hit by not doing anything and just sitting down. The other guy aiming at me was very far away. He shoots and I try to dodge, but my failure of dodging while sitting down caused me to get a pinpoint shot right on my forehead. Hahaha.

-Having a one-on-one match with other guy with an AT3k. He then said "let's make this Civil War style. Guys, don't shoot the AT3k." I was like, "wait, Civil War style? As in not moving? Screw that! I'm out of here!"

-The round with four teams, being one of the last teams left. It was 8 against 8, and my team had most of the Canadians. I thought we were gonna win that round. Then our team only had 4 left. Everyone retreated and the other team kept advancing. We finally lost.

-All those Doomsayers and Chimeras. The variety of modded guns and the level of fascination they create.

-Ever being in a war with 60 people. That's just amazing.

-Colin (Chem-Goggles) being extremely annoying on the way back home with his "It's In Yo Bwutt" jokes.

Good:

-Meeting all those Canadians, especially Forsaken Angel.

-Forsaken Angel letting me borrow his glasses after I lose both of mine.

-Leaving to White Castle as the rain starts, and coming back as the rain stops.

-Being the last person left alive in the war in Undiscovered Country, being chased by three people all trying to tap me while I was running and reloading. I turn around to try and tap them back but I was about to fall over so I shot Jesse (analogkid) in the nuts before falling.

Bad:

-In the four team battle, losing my last life because I blocked the dart with my AT3k. Reflex action, damn.

-Being chased through Resurrection Forest by a guy trying to barrel tap me. Eventually, I came across a path that had lots of fallen branches blocking it. I tried climbing over but I fell and got tapped.

-Never being able to tap anyone.

-Running into the christmas tree outside Resurrection Forest while running backwards facing Brad (Biofreak2's dad) and reloading all at the same time. Hahahaha that was just funny for the people watching.

-Losing both of my glasses. What the heck?

Overall, Apoc 08 was definitely the highlight of my summer. Still waiting for videos guys.

Edited by digitalkid, 13 August 2008 - 12:11 AM.

A problem has been detected and you have been shot down.

DOOMSAYER.EXE

FATAL_EXCEPTION_ERROR_CAUSED_BY_A_SHOT_AT_POINT_BLANK_RANGE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop Error screen, count to 15 and respawn. If this screen appears again, you're dead. Get out of the field.

#68 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

I forgot that you shot me in the freakin' balls at like 10 ft away. And Colin was hilarious on the way home. Good to see you found your way here. Try not to get banned. I PMed Colin but I don't think he knows he's validated yet. Love the choice of username by the way, very original. ^_^ Tyler's dad will probably take us next year to APOC, and if I have my license by then, I would consider taking us all to DCNO 09.

#69 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:25 PM

-Having a one-on-one match with other guy with an AT3k. He then said "let's make this Civil War style. Guys, don't shoot the AT3k." I was like, "wait, Civil War style? As in not moving? Screw that! I'm out of here!"

-Earl

Hahahaha, I remember that!
That would of been great too, because we both had CPVC singled 3k's with around the same range (not 105 ft, more like 60-70) ^_^

And sorry for leaving you guys in Multiteam, I thought you were all goners so I booked and tried to flanked to be killed 5 minutes later :P
Yes it was me and Tom.

Edited by keef, 11 August 2008 - 10:47 PM.

Timothy M-Lick <3

#70 digitalkid

digitalkid

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:40 PM

-Earl

Hahahaha, I remember that!
That would of been great too, because we both had CPVC singled 3k's with around the same range ^_^

And sorry for leaving you guys in Multiteam, I thought you were all goners so I booked and tried to flanked to be killed 5 minutes later :P

Pretty much the same weapons. Mine gets 105 ft. It would have been fun, but I'd rather not risk dying that way. There's a reason why the Civil War style isn't being used anymore. :P

Yeah, you just vanished. We thought you died and went back to the staging area. Well I guess you did. You and [Tom was it? I'm not sure] were the only ones who were permanently dead during Multiteam.

DOOMSAYER.EXE

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop Error screen, count to 15 and respawn. If this screen appears again, you're dead. Get out of the field.

#71 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:04 PM

Bump because I need this thread in my RSS feed on project nerf for my final project presentation. Sorry.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#72 digitalkid

digitalkid

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:32 PM

I forgot that you shot me in the freakin' balls at like 10 ft away. And Colin was hilarious on the way home. Good to see you found your way here. Try not to get banned. I PMed Colin but I don't think he knows he's validated yet. Love the choice of username by the way, very original. :) Tyler's dad will probably take us next year to APOC, and if I have my license by then, I would consider taking us all to DCNO 09.

I'll try. Oh yeah, love the sarcasm. :D It's very original isn't it? :P That would be awesome, both Apoc and DCNO '09. There are also some New York ones earlier in the year.

Colin said he knows he's been validated since a week ago, but he says NerfHaven won't let him on. He's tried his password multiple times and even did the forgot password link but it just said his username wasn't on the database. When he goes to search for himself, he can see that he's a member, username Chem-Goggles. He still can't get on.

EDIT: Colin mixed up his display name with his login name. He tried to login with Chem-Goggles instead of sonicolink. He's in now.

Edited by digitalkid, 13 August 2008 - 10:26 PM.

DOOMSAYER.EXE

#73 Yazz

Yazz

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 02:57 PM

Is that it for pictures? I'm disappointed, I think someone's holding out on us...
Soilent Green IS People!!!!!

#74 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:03 PM

I made a video of all the pics I could find.
link
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#75 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

I was able to get the photos from Crooked's Camera.

Am I the only one who took video at this war??
I want to make a compilation video. If anyone else has footage please contact me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now it's 100% official. The Canadians are out of photos. Who else has them?
I know its bad,
After what we had,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users