Has Any1 Made A Good Homemade Auto Gun?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_ziggy_*

Guest_ziggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2003 - 08:17 AM

plz send pics if u have made a good homemade auto gun. I want to build one. I have never seen one.

#2 nerfdude101

nerfdude101

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 09:09 AM

well at nerf haven (here) they have a good design for 2 valves, one thats semi auto and one thets single shot, so if your making an auto gun like you said, use the semi auto valve
wuzzzzuuuuupppp!!!!![COLOR=red]

#3 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 10:15 AM

Cmon ziggy, your smart, design your own...Ill help too, but its gonna be tough to get the right valve....
ko

#4 Guest_ziggy_*

Guest_ziggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2003 - 12:05 PM

yup, i tried that very nice water hose vavle i found at strosniders but its not air tight it leaks all the time. The gun was succesful it had the best trigger but it would always leak. I guess those water hose vavles make bad triggers after all. Ill jus make the plain homemade wit the ball valve. ^_^ I still want to make a real good gun that can shoot at least 70 feet and has semi auto or auto RoF. Gona need a good plan if any1 has a good plan plz post it I want to learn.

Edited by ziggy, 21 December 2003 - 12:06 PM.

#5 Guest_ziggy_*

Guest_ziggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 December 2003 - 12:09 PM

I am not sure bout Zero's homemade vavles i mean dosnt look very durable and not too air tight so ill jus use that ball valve

#6 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 12:17 PM

Ok ziggy, Im pretty sure I know why it leaks...Did you use pvc glue, because for a homemade like that, your gonna need plumbers goop. Dont use a ball valve, they have no accuracy and arent practical. If zero's valves dont seem durable its the construction, not the design, His designs are almost excaclty like a 2k valve.

Ziggy, your too obsessed with making a homemade. Read my Blastfire loser Rifle post. As you can see, Im in the process of making a semi auto rifle with high accuracy and capability of shooting 100 feet, I just need to get in touch with steven, he had a broken bf last war, remember? Hope he hasnt modded it.

Nerf is modding as well as homemades, with moddign though, you have most of the parts you need, and are almost gaurenteed they are in working condition.

You need to mod a gun...Wait till this years line comes out and Ill see If i can show you how to generally do a mod...I just find it funny that before you mod a gun youve built a homemade.. ^_^

To learn, just look at everyone elses homemades, and ask questions. Study diagrams and try fixing your own HM.

Edited by THIRST, 21 December 2003 - 12:20 PM.

ko

#7 Ginjiroku

Ginjiroku

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 04:13 PM

you can
1)make a semi auto with a trigger assembly that constantly sets of the semi auto valve when you hold the trigger
2)Electronicly do it somehow
3)spend days thinking of a full-auto valve.

#8 Ares

Ares

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 December 2003 - 05:38 PM

well, you would need a clip or rotary system thta would change darts in exact sync with the valve. Also, you would want a pulsing effect, so to speak, as to not waste much pressure by having a constant pressure system fire even while the dart is aligning, i.e. it would not blow air while the clip or rotary system is advancing. this way the air would also push much farther as it would be sudden, not just lob the dart out before it can get fully into alignment.
good luck, i hope it goes well for you. And if you do figure it out, it'll be unearthly hard to actually build it all without plastic-molding facories. Hope you're good with your hands.

Good luck-and i mean that in a sincere way, not in the usual "doubt it's going to work" way. Keep us informed.

Edited by Ares, 21 December 2003 - 05:39 PM.

The Greek God of War
Unseen

#9 Guest_ziggy_*

Guest_ziggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:42 AM

hey thirst my HM was xtremely powerful it had an awesome range i never mesurd the range but im sure it went over 120ft. It is sooo fuckin hard to pump tho because it gets harder n harder to pump as u pump it until u cant pump it any more. It jus takes too much time to reload+pump. I thought it was pretty good. I think now that those trigger valves used for hoses in gardening r shitty and cant hold all that pressure.

#10 Guest_ziggy_*

Guest_ziggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2004 - 10:45 AM

yo ares u got many good ideas could u post a picture of a good powerclip to make an awesome semi-auto gun plz. I would really apreciate it.

#11 THIRST

THIRST

• Members
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 12:05 PM

Ziggy, you already told me about your homemade. Im sure its great, but as you said, the pumping is hard, making it impractical for use in a war. We lack the necassary parts and equipment to make an auto homemade. Ive got plans for a semi auto homemade wich is possible if you want them. But dont get your hopes high at all for an auto gun, because it aint gonna happen. Leave it to the engineers with molds to do that ;) .
ko

#12 Guest_ziggy_*

Guest_ziggy_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2004 - 04:50 PM

Hey stop showin off!! ;) Show me the plans tomorow at school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users