Mncso Recap

Got Home, Figured I Should Do It

25 replies to this topic

#1 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 03:39 PM

Well, I just got home from The MNCSO and I figured I should save Hilt a little time by making the topic for him.

Standard format, Pros and Cons, plus anything you'd like add.

Pros:
-Weather was actually nice despite the reports of awful weather
-My brassed NiteFinder working BEAUTIFULLY
-Getting to try sam's Splitshot
-BustaNinja firing a water bottle (partially full) with his BBBB (water rocket ftw)
-Getting to try both Venom's and NerfCrazy's Maxshots
-My Longshot actually working despite CONSTANT bashing (I know it doesn't reach 130ft on a flat shot, let it go already!)
-Having lots of water
-Getting my 7.62mm ammo box used as a "bomb" for some of the rounds
-Making $2 (thx sam, can't wait to see your project when it's done)

Cons:
-The vets vs. noobs rounds, I got shot a lot
-Getting sick and having to leave early
-It was just a little too warm
-Running out of stefans too fast
-The Pagoda being reserved
-Throwing up...

All in all a good war, wish I hadn't gotten sick. The "pagoda" as everyone was calling it was reserved, so maybe it wasn't too bad that i had to duck out early. Still working on getting everything up to spec with the other Nerfers that show up, so I'm still a little behind. I think I made it back with all my stuff this time too.
Gimme back my bullets....

#2 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:50 PM

Pros
Having lots of fun
Recording the war
War testing my auto grip and having it work extremely well
Good weather
Catching on tape BustaNinja shooting Ryan with Venom's ultimator pointblank after Ryan fell through a pine tree
more that I can't think of

Cons
Nothing really

I will get the video up soon.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 02 August 2008 - 04:55 PM.

#3 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 04:56 PM

Aww!!! I can't believe I missed Ryan tripping through a pine tree! I bet it was totally hilarious (sry Ryan, but it's funny when ppl get hurt) How long after I left did it happen?

#4 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 05:02 PM

Towards the end.

#5 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:21 PM

Highlights
-Not getting my Big Blast banned. It served me well.
-Getting to chill with fun people
-No annoying gingers
-SPIDERMANNING. East coast god nothin on this
-Ending several rounds by Chainsaw and hedge trimmers with Hilt
-Pistolling Ryan in the nipple when he decided going shirtless would be a good idea
-Neutral Assault being an awesome game type. Props Ryan
-Zombie VIP being fun, props Venom
-Being the last person alive several times in the vets vs. noobs rounds. And its not like I just stood back either.
-Crazy headshot on Venom in which my dart flew into the air, went straight up, spun, then landed on his head.

Stuff I woulda liked to do
-MORE ZOMBIE VIP. I was gonna rock a spidey gun and everything
-A better bomb for neutral assault. I know realism is a no no, but can i make something for next time?
-Not having enough pistols and or close range weapons to use for Zombie VIP. I dont wanna big blast people
-Being super sore today and still having to function to my mothers standards
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#6 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:52 PM

I have the video up now so here it is. I mainly got video from the zombie vip round.
Included is Ryan falling through the tree, the ultimator shot, the trip, and the spider man thing. Enjoy!

Edited by NerfCrazy, 03 August 2008 - 12:54 PM.

#7 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

I have the video up now so here it is. I mainly got video from the zombie vip round.
Included is Ryan falling through the tree, the ultimator shot, the trip, and the spider man thing. Enjoy!

That was an Effeminate video, especially my spider manning and the standoff between ryan, me and venom. They both had me cornered and I GOT OUT.

#8 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 01:43 PM

I am wondering how well I did on recording and editing so if you want to tell me how I did just send me a pm.(I am wondering if the classes paid off :) )

#9 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:50 PM

Pros:
-Getting some good shots with the +bow
-Nerfing with Ryan and Hilt
-Busta Ninja and Venom proving themselves
-Zombie VIP showing great promise
-Winning a Z-VIP round by myself
Cons:
-The fact that this thread was started before the war was over.
-Too many standoffs
-Carrtoon and Carbon not being there
-Not being totally happy with any primary I used
-Losing a lot of darts

The video was okay. Bad soundtrack, and the coverage of the normal rounds could have been better, but the video of the Z-VIP rounds was good.

#10 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:53 PM

Coverage of the normal rounds would have been great but I had to play or we would have uneven teams.
I couldn't think of any songs to use so I went with those songs. Anyways you guys can make song requests for the next vid, all I really care about is making the video enjoyable.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 04 August 2008 - 12:55 PM.

#11 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

Good war guys, I had a lot of fun. Most likely I won't be attending any wars to MN for the rest of 2008. Unless we can work out renting that indoor paintball place.

Something extremely bad just came up in my life so don't expect me to be around here for a while. I'll see you guys in the spring.

#12 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:53 PM

Good war guys, I had a lot of fun. Most likely I won't be attending any wars to MN for the rest of 2008. Unless we can work out renting that indoor paintball place.

Something extremely bad just came up in my life so don't expect me to be around here for a while. I'll see you guys in the spring.

Where is that place because it sounds interesting.

#13 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 03:54 PM

Where is that place because it sounds interesting.

No place particular, it was just an idea we had.

#14 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:02 PM

Oh, alright.

#15 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 04:16 PM

That's too bad Ryan, I hope things improve for you soon.

Hilt, when are you gonna get pics up? I can't wait to see them ^^

#16 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

Okay, the video: Music could have been better, and a lot of good shots didn't need to be surrounded by a bunch of mediocre stuff. I mean, the movie was good, but you don't need all that in between space... just cut out the good stuff and play it in a row, with some build up and some slow down. That last cut was gorgeous...

Pictures soon. Was I the only one who took some?

EDIT: Almost forgot...
Pros:
- Playing with the Vets -- Ryan, Sam
- Proving once again that Vets are better in the two Vets vs. rounds
- The Zombie VIP rounds
- The "Neutral Assault," or bomb rounds. Needs some work but for our first time ever they were pretty good. Maybe we should set the timer for 1:00 and let hell break loose.
- Everyone being awesome. Spidermen, Chainsaws, Lightsabers, good jokes, guns that worked, Big Blasts that weren't overpumped... Ryan's bare chest...
- The right amount of people
- The Pagoda being reserved... but not really

Cons:
- Neither Carrtoon nor Carbon being there
- My new gun working beautifully... for two or three test shots. And the leak moving after the first fix. *tear.*
- The standoffs. But hey, it was hot. I'll try and get Luke to the next one... or my Powerclip.
- Copying from Sam here... the fact that this thread was started before the war was over.

And sorry I left so suddenly. As it ends up, when I got home they called me and said I could take me time. Oh well.

Edited by Flaming Hilt, 04 August 2008 - 09:39 PM.

" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#17 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:01 PM

Guess I better add my thoughts.

Ups
-All the people having attended at least 1 war before
-Lots of ridiculous things like lightsabers, chainsaws, ballguns, zombies, ultimators, RF20s
-Not being nearly as hot as I expected
-My RF20 finally getting used again
-Proving that these new multi-shot guns like Mavs, LS's, and DTGs have their place (VIP Infection)
-The hilarious journey to BK with Ryan and Julian
-Jedi Master Ryan showing us his moves
-My LS doing quite well in VIPI
-Giving Bullshit Dragon more crap about the 130' LS
-None of my guns breaking
-Matt showing up at the war with nothing but a NIB Mav and FF
-My new game idea, VIPI, taking off
-My signal launcher with SMDTG integration proving to an effective gun (if only the SL part shot farther)
-Having a lot of extra darts
-Finally getting handle a +bow a decent amount, and the trigger being more sensitive, thus easier to use
-Hatshot on Julian
-Exclaiming "Hulianos!" before shooting Julian
-Hilt remembering my real name, although I don't care whether people call me by either
-Proving myself again to the Vets
-No really painful shots

Downs
-Not having a very good primary
-Bringing more stuff than I probably needed to
-Not actually nerfing that much (something that we should work on), probably the reason for such a surplus of darts
-Finding out that some of Hilt's darts are actually too thick for stock barrels
-Long boring standoffs

I will probably think of more things later. Overall pretty awesome war. Not as good as SPANO though. As I said, we need to work on actually playing games more so than talking, sitting around, and drinking water. I think at the next war, I will carry a light back pack for my darts and maybe few light guns, so I don't have to go back to the pagoda just to get one little thing.

#18 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:15 PM

Ok, sure, but I wanna see the picture of me going spiderman.

Also, getting some recognition from the vets was awesome. Also, somehow, being the first to run in and the last to get out made me feel really good. This happened both Vets vs. Noobs rounds. And the one that ended in the pagoda was fun. Big blasting people from around those great pillar covers was awesome.

Also, the pistol round when I saw Sam;s dart fall out of his barrel, so I ran up to him and "barrel tapped" him. Sorry, that was kinda assholeish. I shot you point blank, and I bet it didnt feel nice.

#19 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:32 PM

Venom: I think VIP-I would be a better abbreviation, so people know it's a variation of VIP, and when you say it that's how it sounds as well. Sorry about my darts, the last batch was pretty big. Better next time.

I forgot...
Pro: Telling Ryan his barrel might be empty -- honestly not knowing either way -- and getting him in a rush while he checked.
Con: Having Elf pretty much tackle me after I eliminated someone else (Venom?).

Ah yes, and Julian, I should say "good job." I will post pictures tomorrow, including that gorgeous shot of you and the SDTG. By the way, I am totally getting a pair of those.
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
V

#20 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 12:16 AM

I just went in order how stuff was recorded when I made the vid. I have to admit it wasn't my best made video and not very good music but hey I haven't made a video in years.

#21 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 12:20 PM

*shrug...* well, nothing wrong with remixing or trying again.

Anyways, here are the photos. I didn't post yesterday because the forum was down.

All I have to say about this one is AHAHHAHAHAHA... it was a good scare though.
Posted Image

We are such dorks...
Posted Image

Scratch that... just Julian.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I actually had a coordinated shot of you two firing (Sam and Ryan), but wasn't thinking and didn't press the shoot button 'till now:
Posted Image

Zombies!
Posted Image

And our favorite event of the day...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Group shots...
Posted Image

Posted Image

What a glorious war.

--whole album--
V

#22 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:16 PM

Awesome, pictures Hilt. Thanks for taking them.

Though the turnout wasn't as high as Spano, it was still an awesome time.

EDIT: Wow, I just realized in the picture of Julian shooting me, you can actually see the darts bouncing off of me. Yeah, that didn't feel good either. My ribs and abdomen were sore for an entire two days after the war. Not fun... But definitely worth it.

Edited by Ryan201821, 06 August 2008 - 01:19 PM.

#23 Bullshit Dragon

Bullshit Dragon

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

damn my LS looks sexy in those group shots! Hilt, you forgot to put up that single of me.

#24 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

Nice pics Hilt.

PFFFTT!! You and you LS, get a room. He put a link to the rest of the pictures he took.

#25 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

Well, might as well ask. Anyone have two spiderman guns they can sell me? Maybe a mask aswell? Im going all the way man, and you can't deny how badass I look doin a spiderman pose. I make that look sexy.

Great pictures hilt, and Ryan, keep your clothes on at the next war.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users