Vulcan Range Test

box stock and flat, indoor

11 replies to this topic

#1 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:25 PM

Those ranges flat at just under 4 feet above the ground? Awesome, simply awesome. So far, the vulcan sounds like one of the best stock blasters ever released, and this is coming from a veteran of the amazing supermax line.

#2 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:26 PM

Nice test, thanks for doing it.

#3 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

I'm glad someone actually got ranges up. And this is fairly impressive for a battery gun as well from the height described and being unangled. By the way, could you post manual priming ranges? If they were the same as the longshot, that would be perfect. I can only imagine running around with a 25 shot longshot...

Edited by Mr. Tubb, 30 July 2008 - 11:44 PM.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#4 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:56 AM

By the way, could you post manual priming ranges?

I don't expect them to be any different, but even that expectation is fair game for empirical testing.

There's a good chance that I can't get around to it until next month. Fortunately, that's not necessarily much of a wait.

Working on my overhaul, I noticed that the manual pull, since it has to lock in, actually pulls back 1/8-1/4" further. I highly doubt any range increase beyond a matter of inches, but it is there. And you lose the ROF of course.
Teehee.

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:07 AM

Sweet, I love how you were so thorough and supplied all possible information. There are almost no questions to be asked because you covered nearly everything, and that's the way it should be. Awesome, I can't wait to get one.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 09:48 AM

Good job. One of the few people to post actual ranges. These were around what I was getting as well.

I don't agree with the thing about flat ranges being unrealistic. I guess it depends on how you play though. Flat ranges are also comparable to others when different people are testing. I can say that I got 150' angled. That could be 10 degrees or 45 degrees, and it would be a lot more hassle for testing to actually measure the angle. There has to be a standard, and ours is flat firing for range tests.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#7 C5 Z

C5 Z

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 10:04 AM

Nice test, these ranges seem to be about the same as what I was experiencing yesterday based on my estimates. This was during a battle, and I had the Vulcan propped up on an old serving/tea cart.

I like the methodology you used. Nice write up, and good to see some actual stock numbers.

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

Sweet. Thank you for posting these. I really want one of these, but I promised myself I was'nt going to buy anymore nerf guns for the time being. I'm just spending all my dough on music and accesories for my iPod.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 Poseidon

Poseidon

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 09:15 AM

These are very impressive considering a lot of lightly modded guns don't even get those ranges.
Faith is a living, daring confidence in God's grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.
-Martin Luther

In Soviet Russia, Mudkipz liek u.

#10 maverick001

maverick001

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:26 AM

some modding is pointless but sometimes its worth it like a few times i modded the range but it messed up the accuracy

Edited by maverick001, 25 August 2008 - 06:38 AM.

It's better to die on you're feet then to live on you're knees

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#11 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

Ah yes, the sweet smell of statistical goodness.. Good job.
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#12 ilzot

ilzot

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

Ahhh... The sweet smell of a 9-month necro.

LET THIS THREAD DIE.
QUOTE(Vinnie D. @ Feb 1 2010, 05:28 AM) View Post

... to be able to get a better burst or sustained fire, rather than blowing the whole load at once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users