Marvelous Salvo And Marvelous Titan

Internals finished, need shells

6 replies to this topic

#1 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:20 PM

This thread is for two new guns I've created. They don't have shells yet, but they are fully functional and working, so I thought I'd post them.

Keep in mind that I have not barreled these guns yet, so I do not have final ranges. I am waiting for the Petg I ordered from OMC to get here.

This is my new Marvelous Salvo - nothing new. I wanted to add this in here to show that a magstrike pump works great for MS's. It only takes ten pumps to fill the three tanks.
Posted Image

Now for the reason I posted this thread, the Marvelous Titan.
Posted Image
It was inspired by a combination of the concepts of the Volley Titan and the Marvelous Salvo. It's basically just a much more reliable and less bulky version of the Unity System (Titan/Hornet combo) The Titan pump feeds both guns, and the SMDTG trigger system fires off the Hornet barrels two at a time.
Posted Image
This is a check valve (I think) from the hornet's internals. It keeps the Hornet barrels from firing off when the Titan fires.

I posted this to show people another example of what the SMDTG trigger system can be used for.

Next I plan on barreling these and putting them in shells. I plan on putting the MS into a magstrike shell (because I now have one lieing around), and chopping up the Titan and Hornet shells to create a new shell for the MT.

I don't have the guns finished yet, but I can show you what they'll look like with my paint skills:
Posted Image
On the finished product the Magstrike trigger will be connected to the SMDTG Trigger. The Trigger pull is the same, so I think it will work perfectly.
Posted Image
The MT design will probably change by the time it's finished, but that ^ is what I'm planning so far.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#2 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:29 PM

Nice mod and soon to come integration. Although we already knew the MS pump would work because it has a built in check valve. It's nice to know that it only takes 10 pumps to fill in the tank though.

How many pumps does it take for the Titan pump to fill both the titan and the Hornet? I'd expect alot.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#3 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

Actually the MT only takes 10 pumps as well. After 10, the Hornet blast chambers are full, and the titan fires a reasonable amount of air. I'm pretty sure the titan tank isn't full at that point, because the gauge only reads half full, but because of a few questionable fittings I used, it leaks after 10 pumps. If you use more reliable fittings, you could fill everything to full capacity in 20 pumps easy. I plan on replacing the fittings before it is finished.

Currently, the MS's stock barrels can shoot Megas 50'. After I barrel it I expect 90'+ with micros.
The stock hornet barrels can shoot micros 50', and the Titan can shoot the Titan Missle stock ranges.

#4 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:49 PM

Put the MT in the Magstrike case.

The 2 per shot Hornet will go where the clip would be and the Titan can be on top where you can aim well.

I think that Magstrike case's stock and it's ability to be easily handled make it a REALLY good case.

Your welcome. I just was trying to help!

Edited by Lynx, 30 July 2008 - 10:36 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#5 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

I was thinking about putting it in a magstrike, but I don't think I could get it to fit. (without turning the case into swiss cheese...) Maybe I should put the MT in the Magstrike case... If I do, I'll put the MS in the Hornet case. That would work better, and the Magstrike case would be much more comfortable.

Thanks, Lynx. I think I'll do that.

#6 Blue

Blue

• Members
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 01:27 AM

How did you get so good at MS paint? Those drawings are amazing

Edited by Blue, 31 July 2008 - 01:28 AM.

#7 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 08:19 PM

How did you get so good at MS paint? Those drawings are amazing

Thanks!

I've been doing stuff like that for years. It's a combination of MSWord and Paint. Aside from nerf, my other major hobby is game design, and I sprite all my games myself, so I guess it's just practice.

For my games, I do things pixel-by-pixel. For stuff like the nerf guns above, I usually find a good picture of the gun and trace it with shapes in MSWord, and then paste it into paint where I can make a few adjustments and save it as a bmp. The Magstrike used a referrence pic, and the Hornet/Titan combo was free-hand (no tracing involved - I used the real guns as referrences) Those two guns are actually relatively simple compared to most other projects I've done using the same methods.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users