Photo

Tubing Connecters

4 replies to this topic

#1 The Nerfinator

The Nerfinator

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:44 PM

Are there any tubing connecters that can connect to tubing and be disconnected without losing any presure? Example: the tubing is connected to an air tank and one half of the connecter is on the tubing and the other half is on the pump. And they can be connected pumped up and then disconnected and there will be no presure loss. The tubing that i will be connecting it to is about five and a half millimeters from one outside edge to the other outside edge(in a straight line).
When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD! ~ Powerthirst 2

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#2 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

Yes they do have them. They are called quick disconnect fittings but are generally fairly expensive. A better option would be to put a check valve somewhere in the line. You could use an instant tube fitting in conjunction with a check valve and save yourself quite a bit of money.
McMaster.com part #'s
Check Valve: 7757K11
Instant Tube Fitting: 9087K61
Before you purchase these, make sure you have the right sizes.

#3 The Nerfinator

The Nerfinator

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Yes they do have them. They are called quick disconnect fittings but are generally fairly expensive. A better option would be to put a check valve somewhere in the line. You could use an instant tube fitting in conjunction with a check valve and save yourself quite a bit of money.

So what your saying to do is something like this?:

tttttttttttttttyyyyyyyyyyyxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuu..........................yyyyyyyyyyyyppppppppppp

t is tank
y is tubing
x is check valve
u is Instant Tube Fitting
....... is where it will connect
p is pump

sorry for the craptastic drawing
When god gives you lemons you FIND A NEW GOD! ~ Powerthirst 2

92% of teens have moved on to rap.
If you are part of the 8% who still listen to "real music",
copy and paste this into your signature

#4 notthedinkus

notthedinkus

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:32 PM

Are there any tubing connecters that can connect to tubing and be disconnected without losing any presure? Example: the tubing is connected to an air tank and one half of the connecter is on the tubing and the other half is on the pump. And they can be connected pumped up and then disconnected and there will be no presure loss. The tubing that i will be connecting it to is about five and a half millimeters from one outside edge to the other outside edge(in a straight line).

What I use is a an on off valve that you can easily put the tubing in and out of. All you have to do is turn it off and disconect from the tank. I got mine at Lowes.
WANTED: Somebody to go back in time
with me. This is not a joke. P.O. Box ***,
Oakview CA 93022. You'll get paid after
we get back. Must bring your own
weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have
only done this once before.

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:46 PM

If all you are connecting and disconnecting is a pump then you just need is a check valve of some kind.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 29 July 2008 - 04:49 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users