Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Cause I was fucking sick of them breaking

83 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:00 PM

Ok, I came up with this because alot of people have given up on longshots due to there weak boltsleds, and here's a reason for them not to. I myself own 10 longshots (most of them gifts for x-mas and b-day), so I got tried of them breaking as well. This is an extremely simple mod, and it still lets the clip work, but it can also be applied to cpvc longshot, which is what I did it for. For a regular longshot chamber, simply cut the tab off the chamber where the bolt sled attaches to, and epoxy in a 1/2 pvc pipe. All you have to do is pull back on the bar to prime it. But, as I said, I cpvc'ed it. So here's what I did.

First, I took a 1/2cpvc coupler and jammed it into a slightly dremeled 3/4 inch pvc with a coating of epoxy. I then wrapped electrical tape around the 3/4 pvc so that it was snug against the chamber where the spring goes. I expoxied a pre measured length (I don;t remember how long, just guess and check) of 1/2 cpvc into the coupler, so the whole thing looked like this.
Posted Image

I then epoxied 1/2 pvc to a 1/2 cpvc coupler, which is the step that gets rid of the need for a bolt sled.
Posted Image

Then, once your measurement has been checked, put it together like this, and epoxy the coupler to the open 1/2cpvc barrel.
Posted Image

Then, cut the dart chamber like this.
Posted Image

Then, put the chamber in the longshot, and see how much the barrel will have to go into the longshot to meet the chamber. The barrel should be about an inch out of the cut dart chamber, depending on how long you have your chamber. Once you have the measurement, hot glue it in place.
Posted Image

Reassemble the longshot, and your done! I have a ls spring and a nf spring in mine, and I'm getting an easy pull on the new bolt, and ranges of over 100 feet flat! It's hard to miss with this gun! Here are some pics of what it looks like when it;s finished.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
As you see, the pvc handle that replaced the boltsled can freely move to the sides, so it doesn't get in the way of aiming. I'll have a video up soon!

Vid is up! It's now got a nice paintjob, like a las gun from imperial guard in warhammer 40k. It also has an integrated crossfire.
link

Final product...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Intergrated crossfire, painted, cut into the shell sideways so the priming handel would fit more like the original bolt. I love this thing, and look forward to using it in the huge August 2nd war.

Edited by ice, 29 July 2008 - 11:43 AM.

<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

I might consider doing something like this with my CPVC longshot. I just replaced my NF spring with a NF-like industral spring and my bolt sled JUST snapped. Your handle doesn't look sturdy enough, so I'll probably brain storm another way.

Good idea. :)
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#3 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:20 PM

I might consider doing something like this with my CPVC longshot. I just replaced my NF spring with a NF-like industral spring and my bolt sled JUST snapped. Your handle doesn't look sturdy enough, so I'll probably brain storm another way.

Good idea. :)

O, it;s extremely sturdy. It has many layers of heavy duty epoxy on it.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:29 PM

In the sixth picture it looks like your barrel is angled downwards.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:41 PM

In the sixth picture it looks like your barrel is angled downwards.

Just position I was holding the gun.
Muker

#6 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:52 PM

Though I dont have any experiance with heavy duty epoxy, I cant be completely sure how strong the substance is. So I can't say if the epoxy would hold for 100 primes or 10. Can I get a second opinion for how long the epoxy would hold? Just for reference.

Edited by CAPS, 26 July 2008 - 07:54 PM.

It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#7 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:33 PM

So I can't say if the epoxy would hold for 100 cocks or 10.

Oh man what a great quote.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#8 oodalumps

oodalumps

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:53 PM

I imagine a T coupler would work a ton better for this.

#9 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

I imagine a T coupler would work a ton better for this.

It definently would, but I didn't go and buy any materials for this, I just made it from what I had on hand, and that didn't include a tee. It is very stable though.
Muker

#10 Shrub

Shrub

• Banned
  • 862 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:25 AM

The only problem with a T is that air could escape out the cocking I mean priming handle.

Edited by Longshot Wielder, 27 July 2008 - 11:25 AM.

Favorite Quotes:
Sorry to hear that man, it's like that one famous bumper sticker, "Shit Happens"
it still seems that your balls drop very rapidly

#11 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 12:32 PM

The only problem with a T is that air could escape out the cocking I mean priming handle.

Plumbers Goop is a awesome epoxy.

#12 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:02 AM

Actually plumbers goop is total crap. And is by no means an epoxy. I would use Super Glue brand Plastics epoxy. Thats some seriously strong shit. Plumbers goop can fail in heat.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#13 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

If you were to use a t joint you could just get an endcap on the end and fill it with great stuff... The spray foam.

#14 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:34 PM

Got the video up, It's now got a nice paintjob, like a las gun from imperial guard in warhammer 40k. It also has an integrated crossfire.
link
Muker

#15 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 07:26 PM

Pretty nice. I like the paint job. :)

#16 Herpestidae

Herpestidae

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:00 PM

Good mod although I am a little confused by the point of putting airsoft bbs down the barrel like you did during your video (I did have the sound off though so you might have explained the usefulness of that and I didn't hear it).

I like the idea of the handled breech and personally if I was going to cpvc my longshot I would almost rather do this then worry about the boltshel breaking.

I do have to agree with some people in that there has to be a better way of setting up the breech so that the handle doesn't snap. However until someone does it, your way is very good.
Grimlock no bozo! Grimlock king!

#17 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:38 PM

Nice way to save a broken Longshot.
However I don't see how the clip can still work with it.
Added to the directory.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#18 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:41 PM

Nice way to save a broken Longshot.
However I don't see how the clip can still work with it.
Added to the directory.

In the video it shows he loads them one at a time and doesn't use a clip. I am starting to love you ice (no homo). At first it was a little shaky but you've come a long way.

#19 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

Nice mod and video ice. For stabalizing the handle you could try epoxy putty, it hardens like a rock.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#20 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 01:46 AM

... it hardens like a rock.

That's what she said.

Anyways, as the others have said, a filled t-coupler would have done the job.

And finally, a video without you talking. The world is ending!!!

#21 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:18 AM

... it hardens like a rock.

That's what she said.

Anyways, as the others have said, a filled t-coupler would have done the job.

And finally, a video without you talking. The world is ending!!!

Thanks everyone! And I can;t believe it made it to the directory!
Muker

#22 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:06 AM

I just cpvced my longshot.....You shall see.

Thats really cool my longshot has luckily not broken on me yet, but now i know what to do in the event of it ever failing. Thanks man!
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#23 C5 Z

C5 Z

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

nNice, I just snapped the boltsled in my longhsot;.... glad I saw this thread... I am going to try this or something similair and see how it goes.

#24 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

nNice, I just snapped the boltsled in my longhsot;.... glad I saw this thread... I am going to try this or something similair and see how it goes.

I took the liberty of correcting your post. No no, don't thank me. Just pay it forward....to yourself.

#25 C5 Z

C5 Z

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

ah the grammar police :rolleyes: thanks and noted.

I did not realize people were so uptight on this forum.

Guess I should have known.

Posted Image

Edited by C5_Z, 29 July 2008 - 11:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users