Stryfe problems

Please help!!

10 replies to this topic

#1 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

So I received my first stryfe mod commission and I was excited to play around with it. It ran fine with AA batteries, so I went ahead and slapped 3 ultrafires and a dummy battery inside it. It was running perfectly fine. I fired of one or two 18 dart clips when it suddenly sputtered off and on then completely stopped working. I put in some AA batteries again and still no luck. I then opened it up hoping to see something obvious, but no dice. Please help me!!!!
The motors:
Posted Image
The batteries I'm using:
Posted Image

Thanks in advance!
You want Homemades? I make Homemades.
~le yootoob

#2 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:05 PM

Where'd you get the ultra fires? I had a similar problem with a Stampede once, I got a crappy set of batteries off eBay once, one of them broke. My Stampede didn't die right away, it was working/spluttering like your Stryfe, before it stopped working entirely.
That's one of the things that could be wrong with it, have you tried out regular batteries in it since it started dying?

Edited by Mully, 13 December 2013 - 07:06 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#3 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

Where'd you get the ultra fires? I had a similar problem with a Stampede once, I got a crappy set of batteries off eBay once, one of them broke. My Stampede didn't die right away, it was working/spluttering like your Stryfe, before it stopped working entirely.
That's one of the things that could be wrong with it, have you tried out regular batteries in it since it started dying?

This is the link I used:
http://m.ebay.com/it...av=SEARCH&sbk=1

It does not work with standard AA's
~le yootoob

#4 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

This is the link I used:
http://m.ebay.com/it...av=SEARCH&sbk=1

It does not work with standard AA's

Then you probably have a connection problem at some point; just "follow" the circuit, closely inspect wherever you made a connection, particularly the area around the motors.
It looks like you used aftermarket resistors, one of them might have blown out, the person too ask for help with this type of thing is azrael.

Good luck!

Edited by Mully, 13 December 2013 - 07:41 PM.

S.C.U.N.

#5 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Then you probably have a connection problem at some point; just "follow" the circuit, closely inspect wherever you made a connection, particularly the area around the motors.
It looks like you used aftermarket resistors, one of them might have blown out, the person too ask for help with this type of thing is azrael.

Good luck!

I have actually not rewired the blaster yet. So does that mean just rewire it and I'll be good, or are my motors burned out or something? Would just using the blaster for 5 minutes really mess up a connection?
Thanks
Sam_
~le yootoob

#6 Guest_TheSilverhead_*

Guest_TheSilverhead_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:43 PM

I have actually not rewired the blaster yet. So does that mean just rewire it and I'll be good, or are my motors burned out or something? Would just using the blaster for 5 minutes really mess up a connection?
Thanks
Sam_

You haven't rewired it? You may have tripped the thermistors.

#7 Mully

Mully

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

If you haven't rewired it yet, there's your problem.
Stock Stryfe's don't work well with 3 ultrafires.
Take out the electronic locks, and your good.
S.C.U.N.

#8 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Ok. As I said I wanted to mess around with it a bit before I opened it up. I'll rewire it and see if it works. Really glad to hear that I don't have to buy another one!
Thanks for all the help
Sam_

EDIT: Thanks for the info mully, will do!

Edited by Sam-underscore, 13 December 2013 - 08:52 PM.

~le yootoob

#9 Duke Wintermaul

Duke Wintermaul

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

He definitely tripped the thermistor. The entire function of the thermistor is to shut down the blaster when an abundance of voltage is detected. You know, kids toy and all that.

I find it odd that you have a strye 'commission' and didn't know about the thermistor.

#10 Sam-underscore

Sam-underscore

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

He definitely tripped the thermistor. The entire function of the thermistor is to shut down the blaster when an abundance of voltage is detected. You know, kids toy and all that.

I find it odd that you have a strye 'commission' and didn't know about the thermistor.

Thanks. All of my previous commissions had been springers, and one of my teachers (yes, a teacher) said he had a stryfe, so I told him id mod it for him. I 'knew' about the thermistors, I just didn't know they'd fry that quickly, or at all with only 3 ultrafires.
Thanks everyone. Will post if I have any more problems
Sam_
~le yootoob

#11 azrael

azrael

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

It's actually when an excess amount of power is dissipated and the thermistor gets hot. The hotter it gets, the higher the resistance, until the motors won't go because they can't get enough power through the resistance.

OP, you will probably have to rewire a lot of things. It's also possible you jammed it and broke one of the electronic switches. They can't handle that much current.
Better Nerf By Science!
http://nerfscience.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users