Search Function

Search doesn't highlight terms after first page

6 replies to this topic

#1 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:59 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the search function doesn't highlight the terms after the first page? Just thought I should let someone know if they were looking for errors in the scripting.
Teehee.

#2 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:40 PM

There are no errors in the scripting, there are simply errors in your expectations.
I just tried it and it worked for me. In the url, there should be a part where it says &hl=someword where someword is the highlighted word. If that's still in the url on the second page, then the word just isn't there dude.

edit: Like so: http://nerfhaven.com...88&hl=scripting

Edited by Langley, 24 July 2008 - 02:41 PM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#3 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

No, it's wrong. Try searching for the word "impossible" in Community displaying all results as posts. the search bar becomes a billion characters long. Go page two. Nothing is highlighted.
Teehee.

#4 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:03 PM

The problem is that when you're displaying your search results as posts instead of threads, for some reason the variable name changes from hl to highlite. When you use the page number navigation buttons, they erroneously keep using the hl variable instead of the highlite variable. You could either change it by hand every time you switch pages, or you could switch pages by adding &st=25 to the end of the url (or &st=50 for page 3, and &st=75 for page 4, and so on).

Edited by Langley, 24 July 2008 - 04:11 PM.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#5 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for actually. If you notice, that search has some 25 pages.
Teehee.

#6 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

What are you looking for anyway? You may have more success with googling site:nerfhaven.com impossible

2016 Nerf War Schedule

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, so I deleted someone's post here by accident. I don't recall the member, but the gist of it was that he was concerned about us using an outdated version of Invision and then basically accused us of running an ilegal version of the software.

So, whoever that was, I have the following response:

1. We ARE running an older version of invision, and for logistical reasons have not gotten around to updateing it in a while.

2. Invision has been paid for, and we are indeed running a legal copy.

3. Only a douchebag would come onto our free forums and suggest that we're stealing software. Now, I'm sure you're not a douchebag, and as such it's probably a good thing that deleting your post has prevented me from exacting some manner of knee-jerk administrative retribution as I cannot remember who the hell you are. DAMN YOUR ANONYMITY!

VACC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users