Places That You Wish You Could Nerf

Sad, I know

54 replies to this topic

#26 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 09:31 PM

My buddy and I started up our nerfing group in a fast food restruant where our friend was the night manager and had to close every night, We use to have 4 on 4 death matchs every night after it closed and all the people were done working.

The cave of the winds. (so I can kill man-bear-pig) The moon. An amusement park. Any of the call of duty 3 or 4 maps. The mountains. An entire office building. A cruise ship. A giant bowl of cereal. And Al Gores house.
(Im super cereal.)
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#27 Mr Tubb

Mr Tubb

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

As for a real place, probably the funnest place I've ever Nerfed was at one of my friends houses. We were just shooting at each other for hours (using blowguns,) no lives or 'hit points.' We pretty much just stayed in the main hallway of the house, which was about 40 feet long. There were even columns to hide behind...

For a fictional location, I'd probably choose a room that has air, but no gravity. That way, you could still run up/jump off walls and such, but your guns would actually have air to compress for firing the dart.

Edited by Mr. Tubb, 23 July 2008 - 10:42 PM.

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster by your side."
-Han Solo; Star Wars: A New Hope (IV)

#28 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:47 PM

Mr. Tubb, you mean like my choice, the Battle Room from Ender's Game? I swear I just thought of that.

As far as a real place goes, An office seems like the perfect place.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#29 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:11 PM

Libraries are way more fun when they're undergoing renovations. Fewer bookshelves, but more duct work lying about and a nice deep drainage ditch around the whole place. Not to mention no risk of shooting out windows as there were none.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#30 thaygor

thaygor

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:15 PM

[/quote]You know what. I want to play in those stupid arenas from the Nerf Arena Blast Game. That would be fucking awesome.[quote]
I second this.

Edited by thaygor, 23 July 2008 - 11:18 PM.

Just remember you are unique, Just like everyone else!

#31 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:54 PM

the white house, just to say I did haha
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#32 serpent sniper

serpent sniper

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:27 AM

if we're gonna get fictional...

You know what. I want to play in those stupid arenas from the Nerf Arena Blast Game. That would be fucking awesome.

If the colors were a little subdued, it would be awesome. Otherwise I'd rather not play in a maze of headache-inducing acid trip colored walls and floors.
Animus GmbH My Custom Nerf Props and Paintjobs

#33 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 05:44 AM

Any sections from either Tanker or Plant in MGS:2.

#34 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:37 AM

Libraries are way more fun when they're undergoing renovations. Fewer bookshelves, but more duct work lying about and a nice deep drainage ditch around the whole place. Not to mention no risk of shooting out windows as there were none.

Hell fucking yes, dude. Those rounds were awesome. The wandering around suburbia with our arsenal of weaponry, not so much, but the rounds were fun.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#35 Kazimir

Kazimir

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:30 AM

Coronado,California. The Navy training base specifically,think about all the awesome obstacle courses and the beach. Also relativley warm. If I can't get to nerf there another place I would like to nerf is right next to Piney. Groove would also be awesome.

Coronado would be... kinda dull. There are a couple of o-courses but they're far apart from one another and not really designed to be fun.

The live-fire ranges aren't designed for someone to be on the other side, firing back.

As an alternative, I'd suggest pretty much any of the MOUT facilities; there's one at Camp Lejeune that's well-built and even has drainpipes for sub-street-level training, also attachment points on building rooftops for training with in-city assault climbing capabilities.

Failing all of that, though, my vote is for the Alewife red-line stop on the T.

Fort Knox, The White House, The Empire State Building,A costco, And a castle

Fort Knox actually has a pretty hardcore MOUT facility that would be good for Nerfing.

#36 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:44 AM

Alewife.. Isn't that like.. Boston? Sounds familiar from when i was at MIT.
Teehee.

#37 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:46 AM

Kazmir, we wouldn't be nerfing there if they were actaully training. but if they were training I would go find navy SEALs and arm them with nightfinders and singled big blasts. Maybe some magstrikes
Posted Image imagine that with a big blast.

Edited by Rouge warrior, 24 July 2008 - 10:52 AM.

My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#38 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:11 AM

Are we running some kind of topic exchange program with NerfHQ that I'm unaware of? Did they just get an original modification or war planning thread?

#39 Vishamon

Vishamon

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

I would like to play at a playground that's a 15 minute drive from me. Two awesome wooden castles facing each other that have difficult-to-cross bridges that go to either side. Throw in a "the ground is lava" rule and you have got one hell of a war.

Are you talking about Eberwhite? If so, let's make it happen!
QUOTE(VACC @ Dec 8 2009, 08:40 AM) View Post

I think everyone who reads or contributes to this site needs to take a big stap back and reallize we're discussing nerf guns. The fate of absolutely NOTHING important depends on what you, me, or anyone else does

#40 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

Are we running some kind of topic exchange program with NerfHQ that I'm unaware of? Did they just get an original modification or war planning thread?

Maybe they haven't noticed that the HQ went back online yet?
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#41 Kazimir

Kazimir

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

End of the red line, yeah.

Kazmir, we wouldn't be nerfing there if they were actaully training. but if they were training I would go find navy SEALs and arm them with nightfinders and singled big blasts. Maybe some magstrikes

Er, not so much.

Aside from general athleticism and teamwork, there are some concerns. Remember that technology and terrain dictate tactics. One of the things that took the most getting used to for me was that hey, nerf darts won't *kill* you. That changes your tactics unimaginably. You cannot even begin to imagine how thoroughly different a game of tag with ranges in the tens of feet is from combat training. Being good at the one will not automatically make you good at the other - both take practice. But like i said, there is a lot to be said for athleticism and good teamwork.

Edited by Kazimir, 24 July 2008 - 02:00 PM.

#42 Rogue Warrior

Rogue Warrior

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

End of the red line, yeah.

Er, not so much.

Aside from general athleticism and teamwork, there are some concerns. Remember that technology and terrain dictate tactics. One of the things that took the most getting used to for me was that hey, nerf darts won't *kill* you. That changes your tactics unimaginably. You cannot even begin to imagine how thoroughly different a game of tag with ranges in the tens of feet is from combat training.

fine then I guess that me and my SEALs will just do rattle battle with longshots :rolleyes:
My GT is Spacecowboy9951

#43 bartel

bartel

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

No, they didn't get an original war planning thread. In fact, they're missing all posts since the end of May. And I've got another one, Skull Island, from King Kong.

Edited by bartel, 24 July 2008 - 01:10 PM.

"I say anyone who knows how to mod a Nerf gun is a badass" -Leaf-o, www.angryaardvark.netfreehost.com

#44 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

No, they didn't get an original war planning thread. In fact, they're missing all posts since the end of May. And I've got another one, Skull Island, from King Kong.

I would like to nerf in this place i went to in mexico.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#45 balisticjoe

balisticjoe

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:43 PM

Simply a corn maze in the shape of ls and a crossbow. Plenty of space to hide and get cover, but a few open areas for rushing and duels.
There Are No Stupid Questions, But There Are A Lot Of Inquisitive Idiots.

#46 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

Mr. Tubb, you mean like my choice, the Battle Room from Ender's Game? I swear I just thought of that.

As far as a real place goes, An office seems like the perfect place.

Did someone say Ender's Game? Screw the battle room. Nerf on Eros, all the tunnels and hangars, that would be freakin' sweet. Having one of those huge 100v100 airsoft-ish wars in an entire city would be fun too.

Edited by Philote, 24 July 2008 - 02:56 PM.

EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#47 tatertotguy

tatertotguy

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

I'd say the Colusseum in Rome, the Tower of London, The Vatican, and the Mall of America!!! (I have been to all of those places and they would be so frickin' amazing for nerfing. And I would also add Ostia a Roman port it has tons of partially destroyed buildings and tunnels and there are tons of walls and pillars for cover.

Edited by tatertotguy, 24 July 2008 - 04:46 PM.

"So thats when she says, 'No that's my belly button'."

#48 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

Did someone say Ender's Game? Screw the battle room. Nerf on Eros, all the tunnels and hangars, that would be freakin' sweet. Having one of those huge 100v100 airsoft-ish wars in an entire city would be fun too.

Fuck that, they have gravity on Eros. Plus, there's no jumping, because all the tunnels are too short. But that's beside the point. The lack of gravity is the whole idea here.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#49 Myster E

Myster E

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 07:41 PM

I'd say the National Gallery of Art in DC. Lots of rooms, a few levels with stairs and elevators. Rooms full of statues for cover. Big atrium, too much reverberation to make a distinct location. :D
"breastfeeding from cxwq's nippies".
- rawray7

Thanks for that wonderful mental image. I'm going to kill you now.

- Spoon Nerf God -

#50 parentshatenerf

parentshatenerf

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 05:35 PM

1. The Mall. And Everyone in there has a nerf.
2. Target.
3. Abandoned freeway. I know, weird.
4. Skydiving. That wouldn't work.
5 At a concert. Yeaaaaaaaah!!!
6. A trail, in Austin.
Dad - " Son, you play with Nerf, you disgrace our family!"

Me - " Pfffffft..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users