Stefan Weight

i need some help

4 replies to this topic

#1 KingCosmo7

KingCosmo7

• Banned
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 02:47 PM

What is a good and inexpensive thing to use for top weight on a stefan? Please tell me and where to get them because I am going to make a batch of stefans soon.

Thanks--
King C. 7
"His chops are too righteous! The helmets can't handle this level of rock n' roll!"

#2 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

I use BB's but many people use fishing weights.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#3 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 03:24 PM

You really need to search.. Or at least browse. We have a 20 some page thread about dart smithing. Pinned I believe. At the top of Modifications.

The weight depends on the gun, the barrels, and, most importantly, the power of the gun. As a general rule, air guns better utilize heavier weights and tighter barrels.

Fishing weights or single piece weights are best, as having multiple weights will put the center of gravity off. I use 3/0, it's a good median I find. I can use it in just about any gun that shoots over 50'. Some people use BB weight, and some use 7/0. FA, if I'm not mistaken recommends that only for some insanely powered guns, like a plugged titan (see his Mongo Titan).
Teehee.

#4 UpperHand

UpperHand

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

I think splitlip said it best, searching is the best way to prevent unnessesary new topics. Use it to find what you are looking for, then start a new topic.

-Upperhand
My SCR-6
My Homemade Sidearm
The least you could do is tell me some advice. geese!

-- Headshot 21

#5 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

KingCosmo7,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Your account will not be functional until Dec 27 2035, 08:18 PM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users