New ideas needed for pre existing homemade

4 replies to this topic

#1 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

Hi.

Im in the process of making a bb gun but the idea can easily be fitted for nerf.

Im using brass with a compressor gun that when shot fires a bolt forward open a hole thus releasing the air and therefore shooting the porjectile. I didnt design the idea but have modified it to suit my needs. The original design was found on spud files but once i finish the whoel thing i will post pictures.

Anyway. The issue im having at the moment is the mag. I have a breech at the top which is proving to be a hassel as i want to add a shell to the gun leter giving it an MP5 type look. MP5's do not use a gravity fed mag and therefore a massive mag hanging out the top such as found on the bren gun does nto appeal.

I have currently thought of a p90 type style where i can fit the mag on the top of the gun without beign an eye sore and then make a fake mag well etc to replicate the mp5. The problem i think i will face however is fitting the rounds into the mag without jamming. The image below shows you my idea to try to solve the jamming issue by using an angles piece to load into the breech. This means that the spring can feed the rounds up however with the pressure faced on the rounds it will hit the angled piece and just force it to travel along without being caught.

This however can cause problems in itself as if the angle is not right or the round is too top heavy it will fall head first and jam anyway.

Anyway forumn open to comments and suggestiosn please.

Posted Image

#2 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:35 PM

If you've seen the blow forward bolt, why don't you just build a Vortex? Sure it's not as accurate, but since the bbs are stored inside, you have more room to make asthetic changes.

Or you could put the real mag at the bottom. Like this:

Posted Image

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:49 PM

I like the idea, but first adapt this to nerf use, with a goofy PVC shell.

Then, make another and improve on it, make it smaller, and then make a MP5ish shell for it.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:09 AM

If you've seen the blow forward bolt, why don't you just build a Vortex? Sure it's not as accurate, but since the bbs are stored inside, you have more room to make asthetic changes.

No vortex is not what i want. I already have the gun setup and i love it..i even have wet dreams about it :D
Also im not really using bb's as such..more .177 hunting pellets :D

I tried the idea today and it KINDA worked but i will need to modify it to make it work. It came to me not 3minutes ago that i could use a tension spring instead of a compression spring. The tension would sit externaly to the mag and use a guid to move the pellets forward. It makes sense in my head dont worry. I will try it and get back to you on the developments. Saying this however i still appriciate any comments and ideas from other people.

Then, make another and improve on it, make it smaller, and then make a MP5ish shell for it

No i dont really want to scale it to nerf as such. Why i do love to shoot my mates with nerf im not "hardcore enough" to make my own. Saying this however i tried to make Boltsnipers FAR however once again this was scaled to lead sinkers and used compressed air instead of a plunger.

I use this site more for concepts and ideas for my own projects just as i used spud files for ideas. Feel free to scale it to nerf but i dont see myself spending more money on somehtign im not all to keen on doing..as it is this project is costing a fair bit. ALthough brass is an expensive metal and 0.5m of this stuff cost me about $10 Australian. Yes $10 itself is not to much when its 4 different lengths averageing $10 a piece well you do the math. (yes thats right its about $40) Plus you then have the epoxy and other bits and pieces. However it all adds up to money i dont have.

Anyway if more people can try to figure out how i can best make a mag it would be most helpful.
Remembering that:
  • Loads from top
  • needs to be fairly flush to body therfore a simple gravity fed mag where the rounds simply drop is nto sufficiant
  • the peelets are around .177 (4.5mm) so VERY fiddly to make something..so KISS

#5 SKIZ

SKIZ

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

No vortex is not what i want. I already have the gun setup and i love it..i even have wet dreams about it :D
Also im not really using bb's as such..more .177 hunting pellets :D

I tried the idea today and it KINDA worked but i will need to modify it to make it work. It came to me not 3minutes ago that i could use a tension spring instead of a compression spring. The tension would sit externaly to the mag and use a guid to move the pellets forward. It makes sense in my head dont worry. I will try it and get back to you on the developments. Saying this however i still appriciate any comments and ideas from other people.

Then, make another and improve on it, make it smaller, and then make a MP5ish shell for it

No i dont really want to scale it to nerf as such. Why i do love to shoot my mates with nerf im not "hardcore enough" to make my own. Saying this however i tried to make Boltsnipers FAR however once again this was scaled to lead sinkers and used compressed air instead of a plunger.

I use this site more for concepts and ideas for my own projects just as i used spud files for ideas. Feel free to scale it to nerf but i dont see myself spending more money on somehtign im not all to keen on doing..as it is this project is costing a fair bit. ALthough brass is an expensive metal and 0.5m of this stuff cost me about $10 Australian. Yes $10 itself is not to much when its 4 different lengths averageing $10 a piece well you do the math. (yes thats right its about $40) Plus you then have the epoxy and other bits and pieces. However it all adds up to money i dont have.

Anyway if more people can try to figure out how i can best make a mag it would be most helpful.
Remembering that:

• Loads from top
  • needs to be fairly flush to body therfore a simple gravity fed mag where the rounds simply drop is nto sufficiant
  • the peelets are around .177 (4.5mm) so VERY fiddly to make something..so KISS

EDIT: Ok big development here. After trying different ways to make it work i have realized two main problems:

1. The shape of the pellets is allowing them to "lock" into each other so if stacked in a flat manner as i was planing on doin and a great deal of pressure is placed on them they are pushed into each other.
2. The current way i have been attempting is making them "flip" or even jam.

Basically at the moment im REALLY F***ING pissed off as i have nearly spent all day on it and just gettign no where.

P.S Sorry for double post and in particular the manner in which i posted. Not really a master of the forum.

Edited by SKIZ, 26 July 2008 - 03:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users